What I think...as of today...for now...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
An update of...not much...

Spent a little while in MK yesterday. Nothing new to report visually, other than that steel retaining wall being installed across from Pooh.

Crowds were non existant, by the way, so if you were looking for a good time to be at WDW...

Learned nothing to contradict the info in the original post in this thread, so I shall continue to operate under the assumption that my info is, at least for the most part, accurate.

Oh....and guess who Martin, 74 and I ran into over by Imagination yesterday evening? I'll give one hint: Initials are T.B. :cool:

Tom

Beta Return

Spent a little while in MK yesterday. Nothing new to report visually, other than that steel retaining wall being installed across from Pooh.

Crowds were non existant, by the way, so if you were looking for a good time to be at WDW...

Learned nothing to contradict the info in the original post in this thread, so I shall continue to operate under the assumption that my info is, at least for the most part, accurate.

Oh....and guess who Martin, 74 and I ran into over by Imagination yesterday evening? I'll give one hint: Initials are T.B. :cool:

No...friggin...way. What was he doing there? Did you actually have an opportunity to chat with him, or say hi, or was it merely a passing glance?

DocMcHulk

Tony Baxter?

jt04

Toni Braxton? :)

NoChesterHester

Alright Lee I'll bite... When you say "ran into Tony Baxter" was he just walking through the park, maybe just observing, or was he specifically at the imagination pavilion doing something???

Sort of exciting development. Isn't Baxter focused on Disneyland? What could he be doing there?

DocMcHulk

On a side note: Is there a place to find a list of the "lead" imagineers. Like the heads or most influential imagineeers at the various parks? I'm looking for information with regards to a specific imagineer, and I cant find mush about him on the internet.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
No...friggin...way. What was he doing there? Did you actually have an opportunity to chat with him, or say hi, or was it merely a passing glance?
Yep. A brief chat.
He had just returned from a DCL cruise where he gave an Imagineering presentation to passengers. Just stopped by Epcot to hang out.
Spoke a bit about JII. I won't quote him here, as I'm not sure he wanted to be on the record, but let's just say...he ain't a fan of what they have done to his original version.:ROFLOL:

Isn't Baxter focused on Disneyland?
Yes. It seems that the last bit of his career will only involve smallish additions/refreshes to DL.

Tom

Beta Return
Yep. A brief chat.
He had just returned from a DCL cruise where he gave an Imagineering presentation to passengers. Just stopped by Epcot to hang out.
Spoke a bit about JII. I won't quote him here, as I'm not sure he wanted to be on the record, but let's just say...he ain't a fan.:ROFLOL:

Very cool. And good to know!

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
On a side note: Is there a place to find a list of the "lead" imagineers. Like the heads or most influential imagineeers at the various parks? I'm looking for information with regards to a specific imagineer, and I cant find mush about him on the internet.
Who?

DocMcHulk

It's the person I was telling you about in PM, and I'm not too sure I want to give his/her name out for privacy reasons.

Basically, I am trying to confirm his/her position within WDI. I am told he/she is pretty high up. But I want to make sure my intermediary isn't overly inflating this person's importance.

PhilharMagician

Very cool! Not a face I would expect on this side of the country!

So if he is not a fan of JII, then it would be most appreciated if he would help fight for some changes.

EPCOTCenterLover

Tom Brady?
Just joking. If Tony Baxter is left to small projects before he retires, well, darn! Now with Tom F, we'll probably see more film based attractions versus fully immersive ones with AA's and new technologies.
Hope Disneyland doesn't enter another Paul Pressler stage!

jt04

Nope Pooh will be in the Fantasyland Forest section

Exactly, the forest will be outside the walls. Pooh will be located right next to but outside the castle fortifications. If they do this right it will look very cool and the entire area will be 'coherent' for the first time since FL opened in 1971.

IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom