What Hotel Should I Stay At?

Richboy

My family is planning a Walt Disney World trip next Thanksgiving and we are unsure what hotel we should stay at. We've stayed at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. Our favorite hotel is the Grand Floridian and we stay there as much as possible, but we're in the mood for a change. Our friends recently stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and loved it. I fear staying there because of the transportation. Unlike the Contemporary or Grand Floridian, you don't have the Monorail, and unlike the Yacht and Beach Clubs, you don't have the boat service. We prefer to not stay at the Contemporary or Polynesian because of their age, and any hotel that is not a Deluxe Hotel. I've heard the Boardwalk is also a great choice, but I'm still undecided. Any Ideas?

Lauriebar

Why not look into the Wilderness Lodge. It has a very rustic, warm feeling which is perfect for the holidays. It has boat service to the Contemporary where you can catch the monorail or, head straight to the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I would stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Boardwalk! Both are awesome and make you feel like you're not in the Sunshine state!

AKL has the animals roaming around the entire hotel and the pool area is top notch!

The Boardwalk is just flat out awesome! There's everything there for people to enjoy when they're not at the parks! You can ride the multi person bicycles, have a beer and watch the game at ESPN Club, play boardwalk games, and sing with dueling pianos!

It's a hard decision... Have fun!

Upvote 0

dadsinglelookin

are you going to be spending alot of time in your rooms. if not y waste the money on rooms when you can spend it on something else. we stayed at the pop century and we had no problem on the busses there. we didn't have to wait more then 10 minutes to get a bus. if your not going to be there but at night. why waste your money on a high price hotel. the only one i would stay at is the animal kingdom lodge. to see overlook the aniamals in the morning and evening. i have stayed at the port orlean riverside too. that is nice to take the boat ride from downtown disney to the resort. it is about half an hour ride on the boat. it is really nice to sit back and relax in the morning or evening to go there.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would vote for Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk. Our favorite is Poly however, and I wouldn't think about age because almost all units have been totally refurbished in the last five years. The grounds are awesome. As for AKL, transportation isn't bad as it is dedicated to that resort.

Upvote 0

skeeter

I loved both the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk. If you want something totally unique, go for the Animal Kingdom. You will find it hard to match this resort to any other resort in the U.S. The Boardwalk is also a jewel--with wonderful waterfront views and lavish rooms. The Boardwalk also houses the BEST resort slide, themed as an old wooden roller coaster. You can't go wrong with either one. I have never had a transportation issue with Animal Kingdom. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute wait (max) and 15 minute bus ride (max). Not one resort is next to all four parks. You may be close to EPCOT and MGM if you stay at Boardwalk, but you will still have to travel by bus or car to the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Visit www.allearsnet.com to see room pix. You really can't go wrong with either one, but of the two I would have to pick Animal Kingdom Lodge. Have fun--the planning stage can be just as exciting as the trip itself! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Lauriebar said:
Why not look into the Wilderness Lodge. It has a very rustic, warm feeling which is perfect for the holidays. It has boat service to the Contemporary where you can catch the monorail or, head straight to the Magic Kingdom.
I'd have to second that! I would also say that the Polynesian is a great choice...there has been major renovations and it looks beautiful.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

We're big Wilderness Lodge fans. The rooms are not quite as luxurious as GF or even the Contemporary, but the overall effect us fabulous.
Architect is the same as the AKL (which is newer).
The bus transportation doesn't seem to be quite as good at WL as some other places, but again, the overall effect is extremely well created!

Upvote 0

m star

I would agree with the people who say that the Poly is awesome. It also has the best transportation opportunities in all of WDW. (being within easy walking distance of the TTC and with a monorail and boat and buses)

Upvote 0

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
I would say either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club. I have stayed at both and loved them both!!!!! I feel that those two resorts are the two most centrally located seeing that you are within short walking distance of two of the parks!!!! As far as the resorts I would have to go with the Beach Club. Why you might ask? 1) Rooms are a little nicer 2) That friggin AWESOME pool area!!!!! 3) A little more tranquil than the Boardwalk 4) Better on site dinning

GOOD LUCK with your search and have a Happy Holiday!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AKL is by far my favorite. You won’t find another hotel like it in North America. Transportation has never been a problem. Boardwalk is also a very good choice due to its proximity to EPCOT and MGM as well as the restaurants and clubs located on the back side. I have found that the Boardwalk rooms tend to be a little pricier and have fewer discounts than AKL. What you might look into doing is renting DVC points and getting a one room suite at Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Sounds to me like you should stay at Wilderness Lodge! From what you've said, give it a shot. Similar to AKL, in it's layout, great views, great theming, and boat service to MK, if busses are a concern.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

lukacseven said:
Sounds to me like you should stay at Wilderness Lodge! From what you've said, give it a shot. Similar to AKL, in it's layout, great views, great theming, and boat service to MK, if busses are a concern.
We stay at the WL all the time and have never had an issue with the bus service. *shrugs* Take the small boat to the Contemporary and hit the monorail from there. We like to go to the Polynesian and walk thru the resort to the TTC. :wave:

Upvote 0

Indy95

I'll have to go with the Beach Club on this one. Normally it would be between that and the Boardwalk, but the Beach Club just seems more relaxing (the pool and Beaches & Cream doesn't hurt either!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom