Trip Report What happens in the Cabana, Stays in the Cabana: A September 2013 Girls' Cruise Adventure

You read that correctly... we're taking you back, way back to last September! In honor of its one year anniversary, we feel the need to celebrate the best cruise ever!

Oh, you guys, this cruise was simply made of win. I mean, what could be better than a Bahamian getaway with 27 of your closest internet gal pals, a pirate party, private cabana, and endless buckets of corona?! Well, a cabana boy to deliver all those coronas, for one thing. But, as most of you already know, we had one of those, too. So, you see, it simply couldn’t get any better!

We’re going to try something I’m tempted to say has never been done before... one trip report authored by four individuals. Let’s hope it works! It only took us an entire year to write it. Here’s the thing, there’s really no reason for us to write separate reports considering we quickly found ourselves spending every waking moment of the cruise together. And besides, it took pooling our pictures to piece together the story. That’s what happens when you don’t take notes. Oh, who am I kidding?! That’s what happens when you consume a pirate’s worth of rum and spend your days bonding with new friends instead of documenting the exact minute you rode the Aqua Duck and the name of each dish served to you at dinner.

So, who’s taking you on this slightly hazy, mostly amazing, booze-infused adventure?! That’d be the four self-proclaimed awesome ladies pictured below. With cameo appearances by the rest of the awesome WDWMagic girls, of course.

15192190505_2cdf8b8464.jpg

Clockwise from top left, that’s me, Holly, @HollyBelle ; Courtney, @Howe ; Jess, @plaz10 ; and Shannon, @Ariel484. Don’t mind Jess’ camera. We only let her take a couple photos. Granted they turned out to be some of the most memorable of the cruise, so who are we to judge!?

Grab yourself an umbrella drink to sip on and join us for this telling of the unofficial WDWMagic Girls’ Cruise.

And if you find you need a little more sunshine in your life, be sure to check out these amazing reports by fellow girls’ cruisers!

Darolyn @derelicte19 : Anyone have change for $100? It’s all about the Benny’s baby!
Jess @PartOfYourWorld : The Real Housewives of Disney-A Sept 2013 Cruise/WDW Trip Report
Jess @jesemeca : What do you get when you mix 27 WDWMagic Ladies and the Disney Dream?
Joanna @joanna71985 : No guys, no kids, no worries!
Kelly @sweetpee_1993 : I ESCAPED!!! (part 1) - The Dream Girls
Sherry @Tiggerfanatic : 27 Ladies on a Disney ship - Yo, Ho, Ho and a bottle of Rum!
Siobhan @Tiggerish : And I am telling you, I AM going...on the Disney Dream WDWMagic Girls Cruise
Tammy @Disneyfalcon : Cruising With the 27 Ladies of Leisure!

Ariel484

After our photo with the admiral, we split up briefly - I forget where Courtney went, but the rest of us were on a mission to grab a gift.

I'm sure a lot of people know this by now, but this cruise had been in the planning stages for...what, 2 years? The group originally started out with 9 of us, but 5 ladies had to drop out for various reasons. By embarkation day there were 27 of us, and of those original 9, the only ones left standing in the end were myself, Holly, Tammy @Disneyfalcon and Kelly @sweetpee_1993. I can honestly say that I did zero work to plan this cruise (being a newbie I really was not much help), and Holly was busy with adorable little Lucas during that time. I hear babies are very time consuming. ;)

No, all of the credit for this trip definitely goes to Tammy and Kelly. Kelly dreamed it up, and together with Tammy, they organized everything - got us the cabanas, the special dinner reservations, Mixology, etc. They were always available to answer any questions we had, and as a newbie cruiser I cannot tell you how much better it made me feel to know that I'd have two experts right there the entire time.

Before the trip Holly came up with the fabulous idea that we as a group should give Tammy and Kelly a little thank-you gift, just to show them how much we appreciated the work and thought they'd put into this trip. Holly contacted everyone else to see who wanted to chip in, and throughout the trip she'd been collecting cash on the sly. Now it was time to spend it!

But first...a meet and greet with Pluto...

...some shenanigans in the bathroom...

...and another shot from Bon Voyage. Are you surprised? We had reputations to uphold!

If there is a mirror shot to be had, Holly will find it. :)

I have no idea what this was or if it was good. It did the job though.

And now...we shop!

Ariel484

If ya'll keep posting at this rate, I'll never win. I have another day of cruise, plus 3 days in the parks to finish! Not quite fair. Lol.
I hate to break it to you, but we're down to our last few updates over here!

Hey, at least you got to go to the parks after. I just went straight to the airport from the ship!
Best. Report. Ever! What a fantastic time you all had. I feel like I'm right there with you girls - wish I would have been! And the 4-person reporting style? Great! So fun to read from each perspective and experience.
Thank you!! Glad the awesomeness of the trip is coming though in the report - we really did have a blast. Thanks for reading! :)
What a fun trip. Enjoying the storytelling and I look forward to more. Thanks for sharing!
It really was the trip of a lifetime. We can't wait to do it again!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Okay, so I know Shannon already posted one of these above, but can we just talk about this sequence of photos real quick? Shannon pounds her shot back like a true pro... making us look like the weakest links ever! I mean, Jess is clearly sipping on her shot like it's a glass of wine.

9959095844_dd3941b3d1_z.jpg

9959065385_c42420ab68_z.jpg

9959090614_dd2b83b67e_z.jpg

As is already obvious, Mixology set the tone and seeing as how we were on a roll, we just kept on drinking up until the show. Courtney appeared back on the scene, and obliged me with yet another mirror shot:

9959058225_39c02dc68e_z.jpg

Allow me to take a moment and introduce you to my new BFFs:

9959052885_c8503d782c_z.jpg

Seriously though, I love these women so much. Rarely does a week go by without a classically long and hilarious group text among the four of us. Our husbands are all used to it by now. Last February we managed to coordinate a WDW trip with one another and in November we’ll be doing the same thing. Sherry and Siobhan will be joining us as well and I cannot wait. I foresee a lifetime of awesome with these ladies.

Back to the drinking… how about a round of “drink of the day” cocktails? Yes, please!

9959082044_ce80c15405_z.jpg

And imagine our shock and awe when, once again, we run into the most exceptional server on the Dream. Love that man, always smiling.

15192076375_30caa8be39_z.jpg

Thanks again, @PartOfYourWorld , for capturing another fabulous photo with our favorite cabana boy!

The show that night was “Believe.” And it was awesome. I know, I know, that’s a super informative review, but that’s all I’ve got for you.

jesemeca

@ariel454 You may have won, but at least you got me to post more. I just posted all of pirate night.

My friends were very confused on why I was late meeting them out tonight. When I told them I had trip reporting to do, they looked at me like I had three heads! They will never get it.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
After the show we all ran back to our staterooms to quickly get ready for dinner at Animator’s. Here's Shannon capturing another stellar sunset aboard the Dream.

9959103236_a0ebf67291_z.jpg

The awesomeness that is Animator's:

10178163324_a9453c08a7_z.jpg

10178283466_39ce4c1edd_z.jpg

10178153464_110947e9ba_z.jpg

10178289186_8d56220c49_z.jpg

10259827165_098a004f0a_z.jpg

We looked like quite the shady bunch while trying to hide the gifts from Tammy and Kelly as we walked to dinner, but in the end it was worth it. These two ladies did so much for each one of us in planning and executing such an amazing cruise. So, of course, we had to raise a toast to their awesomeness! Thanks, friends.

10178126704_e72d889697_z.jpg

10178149384_347948ff3c_z.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Obligatory food and drink photos:

9959076394_a85b25cdf9_z.jpg

9959074234_059ac251a4_z.jpg

10259967723_746c9bf4aa_z.jpg

10178315626_a1cd3c47af_z.jpg

10178298316_46389b238d_z.jpg

10178245325_04a15b14d6_z.jpg

10259843144_8ccf864704_z.jpg

10259904586_514364327c_z.jpg

10260109323_6420219b61_z.jpg

Crush dropped in for some awesome conversation.

9959096346_81842afd3a_z.jpg

After dinner a group of us found ourselves back in Evolution for a music trivia challenge. And Siobhan blew our minds with her knowledge. Sadly though, we didn’t win. During our evening at Evolution, we started peeling off one by one to go back to our staterooms and prepare for the next day’s departure.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Departure Day

On departure day we all said our goodbyes and debarked, heading off in different directions. Shannon and I were each going home, but Courtney and Jess made their way to Disney World for even more awesomeness (sorry no trip report on that). I was jealous, but not really, considering there was a certain tiny pirate waiting for me at home and I just couldn’t wait to smother him in kisses!

This might sound weird, but departing wasn’t all too sad for me, because I knew I’d see these fabulous ladies again. Not just the ones I’m authoring this trip report with, but the vast majority of the girls’ cruisers. Truly, no one can take this experience away from those of us who made the most of it and opened our hearts to one another, sharing stories and laughter like we'd been doing it for years. I don’t even want to say friendships were made, because honestly, they were made long before we ever set foot on the Dream. But it is here where they were solidified, criss-crossed and stamped with the seal of the sea and sand. I feel pretty lucky to be a part of such an amazing group of women.

A big thank you to our fellow girls’ cruisers for being the awesomest of ladies! And for allowing us to share our little piece of the story a year later. Let's do it again soon, yeah?!

Ariel484

@ariel454 You may have won, but at least you got me to post more. I just posted all of pirate night.
I noticed that!! Way to crank out those updates! :)
My friends were very confused on why I was late meeting them out tonight. When I told them I had trip reporting to do, they looked at me like I had three heads! They will never get it.
Woo, that is dedication!! Only true trip reporters understand, that's for sure. Hope you had/ are having a great night out!

fractal

Great report!

I'm noticing that alcohol and handsome CM's are becoming a recurring theme. ;)

I'm enjoying the multiple authors and perspectives and the beach cabana day was very entertaining. It does appear as if all of you were long lost friends having a reunion. :)

Those Corona bottles are cool and I'll have to check and see what exactly makes up a "red-headed ".

not caught up but getting there.

Last edited:

Howe

Great report!

I'm noticing that alcohol and handsome CM's are becoming a recurring theme. ;)

I'm enjoying the multiple authors and perspectives and the beach cabana day was very entertaining. It does appear as if all of you were long lost friends having a reunion. :)

Those Corona bottles are cool and I'll have to check and see what exactly makes up a "red-headed ".

not caught up but getting there.

Thanks Fractal, alcohol was definitely a theme for us, and maybe not so much handsome CMs but just the CMs who were delivering said alcohol! Haha!

It really was like a reunion, hard to imagine feeling so close to people that you've only spent a few days in person with! I feel so very lucky to have made those friends!

Thanks for reading!!

Ariel484

Great trip report for what seems like a most awesome adventure. I know some of the ladies are cruising right now. I will be joining the gang next year. I can't wait.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!! Yes, awesome is the perfect way to describe our adventure (I'm sure you noticed how often that word popped up in this thread!). :)

We're all sad that we couldn't join this year's cruise. :( We've been following along on Instagram and it looks like they're having a blast!!! So great that you are going next year, you will have a fabulous time!

PolynesianPrincess

Love this TR, ladies! The cruise was seriously on the of the BEST trips I have ever been on. I feel like I already knew you all through TRs and as Holly said, it really was like each person stepped off the pages of their own personal TRs here on the forum! Can't wait to see you all again as I know our paths will most definitely cross again! Actually, Ashley and I had a delightful lunch with @plaz10 yesterday that may or may not have included some yummy Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots and talking about how awesome WDWMagic friends are :) Love you all!! :)

Doc Disney

OMG loved this! It looked like you girls had so much fun! I'm not sure I could have ever kept up with all the drinks…pretty amazed at how much you were able to handle haha :)

Ariel484

haha, yes, we could actually hear you when we were inside our stateroom! That's why we came out to wave to you! :)
Haha, oh boy...I guess I can't really say that I am surprised by this. :D
Love this TR, ladies! The cruise was seriously on the of the BEST trips I have ever been on. I feel like I already knew you all through TRs and as Holly said, it really was like each person stepped off the pages of their own personal TRs here on the forum!
I totally agree! I feel like @HollyBelle worded it so perfectly too - what a unique experience. I really do think it cut out a lot of the initial "getting to know you" stages, and we could just get right down to having fun!
Can't wait to see you all again as I know our paths will most definitely cross again! Actually, Ashley and I had a delightful lunch with @plaz10 yesterday that may or may not have included some yummy Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots and talking about how awesome WDWMagic friends are :) Love you all!! :)
Yes, definitely! That's so great that you ladies were able to meet up for lunch, I wish the rest of us could have been there with you! And now I need to find some place to try Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots because those sound amazing!
OMG loved this! It looked like you girls had so much fun!
Thank you!! We really, really did. :)
I'm not sure I could have ever kept up with all the drinks…pretty amazed at how much you were able to handle haha :)
(Speaking for myself only) I'm sort of amazed by it as well. Not gonna lie. :hilarious:
Fantastic report ladies! I am pretty sure I got a little tipsy just looking at all those shots you downed. :hungover:
Thanks Lindsay! Sorry for making you somewhat tipsy! :D
The cruise pictures are amazing. Looks like you ladies had a Magical time on the cruise. Following along.
Thank you for the kind words! We really did have an excellent time. Disney cruises with awesome friends are the best!

Ariel484

Great report guys!! It took everything not to burst out laughing here at work.

I know there are plans to do this again, and I may be a young'n, unmarried, kid-free, mid-twenty something - but you ladies look like a TON of fun. I sincerely hope there is information out there on the 2015 date!
Thanks! :D

No info yet on 2015, as far as I know (nothing concrete, at least). It'll pop up somewhere! :)

plaz10

Great report guys!! It took everything not to burst out laughing here at work.

I know there are plans to do this again, and I may be a young'n, unmarried, kid-free, mid-twenty something - but you ladies look like a TON of fun. I sincerely hope there is information out there on the 2015 date!

I think there may be some solidified dates - I believe @Tiggerfanatic and @joanna71985 have already signed up! So I'd PM either of them (though Sherry/Tigger is currently on the girls cruise) and they should have the dates! As always you can contact @sweetpee_1993 (also currently on the cruise) because you KNOW she will be there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom