What happens if credit card fails For room charges and you have already left? :/

wilkeliza

Staying at a Disney hotel soon and worried my card might fail :/

Well with the recent events of two gentlemen being arrested due to credit card fraud and stealing from Disney I would believe they spend a little more attention to your credit card from now on. Some place put a certain amount of hold on your card just to make sure that the money is there. I know Disney originally didn't do this but I would bet with this credit card fiasco they are now.

If you know your card is going to fail then don't allow it to have charging rights and only put it down for room incidentals. If it does fail they will try to contact you for payment base on the address you gave when booking. They also could take send your account to a collections agency if you can not pay in a timely matter.

Upvote 0

Silentloner

Original Poster
Well with the recent events of two gentlemen being arrested due to credit card fraud and stealing from Disney I would believe they spend a little more attention to your credit card from now on. Some place put a certain amount of hold on your card just to make sure that the money is there. I know Disney originally didn't do this but I would bet with this credit card fiasco they are now.

If you know your card is going to fail then don't allow it to have charging rights and only put it down for room incidentals. If it does fail they will try to contact you for payment base on the address you gave when booking. They also could take send your account to a collections agency if you can not pay in a timely matter.

What happened with the two guys? Nothing shady here and obviously I wouldn't put my card for that I'm just intrigued if your cc got stolen and it was the card used for room charges etc what the procedure would be as the likely chance of you having the right funds available if that happened would be something to consider.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

What happened with the two guys? Nothing shady here and obviously I wouldn't put my card for that I'm just intrigued if your cc got stolen and it was the card used for room charges etc what the procedure would be as the likely chance of you having the right funds available if that happened would be something to consider.

Here's an article with the details they basically stayed and played at Disney for free and used fake credit cards as a way to do it.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/06/01/disney-world-scammers-scored-four-years-of-free-vacations/

Upvote 0

Silentloner

Original Poster
If it was a genuine error that's one thing but to continue to do it is disgusting especially with intent. Having credit card gafts is different.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I never leave a credit card open at the desk. I usually have a nicely loaded gift card (take a picture of the back of the gift card with your cell phone in case you loose it) and I carry my credit card. On my trip in April I gave San Angels my Debit Card to cover our cocktails and tip otherwise we were on the dining plan and I had given them also the room key card. When the receipts came for me to sign, they charged my debit card for the entire meal and nothing to the dining plan. Errr. It is stuff like that, that makes me nervous about an open credit going. Note also, they did ultimately credit my debit card but it took 5 business days for that money to come back to my checking account! Errrr.

And I believe they run your credit card overnight of your last night for just that reason, prior to putting that little check out good-bye on the door .

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

Usually Big companies have forcing wrights onto major credit cards. I know at Budget car rental if we had to charge something to a client and their card was maxed out we were able to put any amount onto the card and the credit card company would accept it and bill the consumer

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I once had issue with a charge not being approved at Disney and about 2 weeks after I got home I got a bill in the mail sayingy your card was declined your balance due is.......I wrote a check and mailed it off!!!

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Yikes! We always use our credit card. It's easier to have $ taken off in case things aren't right for some reason. If you pay cash or check, it's hard to get a refund if you need one.:eek:
My question is- why are you going to WDW if your credit card might not be useable? :eek:

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I thought the same thing.

That makes 4 of us!! Not to pass judgment, but I think you maybe need to re-prioritize your spending!

Not to mention, I know I wouldn't want to cause any riffs with Disney for having a card bounce (eek!). I would bet they keep a list of people who have cards/checks bounce. I question if they wouldn't all them to use a card again on their Key to the World?? How embarrasing would that be?!? You're checking in and they have to tell you that you are not allowed to link a card! Or, geez, if the card bounces that you used for incidentals, they may not let you stay on property again because they wouldn't be able to trust you! I wouldn't doubt they have some no-return policy for people they have to send to collections...

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Poor man's version of Ocean's Eleven in the works :eek:
Right! LOL...We're all here dishing out this info to people thinking we're being helpful then we hear in the news a couple of months from now there was this "elaborate plan, masterminded by uknown suspects...How they were able to avoid Disney's strict security and knew all Disney's policies on billing customers is still uknown but the investigation continues..." ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom