What happened with Night-tastic? 6/20

astro

Original Poster
Right after Tinkerbell flew last night you could tell something was wrong.

Previous to that the small red "bursting" fireworks to the music during the Pirates scene where Hook attacks the castle were not present and a lot of others seemed to be missing too. Poor show.

So they stopped, a PA announcement said the show had been cancelled. 5 minutes later the show had been temporarily delayed and would start shortly.

Sure enough this was already ruined for myself. I had seen them on their debut night and they were amazing and as I finally had a day off from work I was making the effort to come watch again.

My disappointment was further driven home as me and my girlfriend proceeded toward Thunder Mountain when the fireworks resumed at Pirates with the fireworks now operational. Sad face.

Does anyone know the reason for stopping the fireworks? Since they worked fine upon restarting I was quite confused...

Pioneer Hall

Previous to that the small red "bursting" fireworks to the music during the Pirates scene where Hook attacks the castle were not present and a lot of others seemed to be missing too. Poor show.

So they stopped, a PA announcement said the show had been cancelled. 5 minutes later the show had been temporarily delayed and would start shortly.

Sure enough this was already ruined for myself. I had seen them on their debut night and they were amazing and as I finally had a day off from work I was making the effort to come watch again.

My disappointment was further driven home as me and my girlfriend proceeded toward Thunder Mountain when the fireworks resumed at Pirates with the fireworks now operational. Sad face.

Does anyone know the reason for stopping the fireworks? Since they worked fine upon restarting I was quite confused...

Just like an attraction having technical difficulties, the fireworks can for any reason as well. These shows are run by computers and mechanical items...so sometimes things can break or crash. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes does.

ddbowdoin

Just like an attraction having technical difficulties, the fireworks can for any reason as well. These shows are run by computers and mechanical items...so sometimes things can break or crash. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes does.

can't be perfect, there's always room for mechanical error... same goes for people who lets say save, save, save every dime to bring their kids to WDW and incliment weather rolls in and things shut down and get canceled... thats tough on a kid

E102_Gamma

First and foremost, welcome to WDWMAGIC.com : )

DisneyInsider has it right, there could of been some issues with tech problems or equipment issues with the fireworks. Since this show is new, it is expected to have a few bugs and glitches here and there. But for a big mishap like this, it coulda been caused by a major malfunction. For all we know, a bird or something could of mess with the connecting wires and cause some major problems, which in turn, the computers would kick in a fail-safe protocol which stops the fireworks from firing off.

Don't worry though, there is always a next time :D

stewdog1

The guy that runs around lighting all of the fireworks tripped over one of the ladders in the Fantasy Land expansion.

Next Big Thing

Epcot Explorer tweeted from there last night that he overheard a CM say the castle may have caught on fire from the fireworks but was quickly put out. He then said other CM's were dismissing that rumor so who knows. It could have been a number of things that caused it, that's just what I heard.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anything from a system crash - with reboot time - to timecode being lost to something that needed looking at for safety.

Rob562

It could also have been an unauthorized person (Guest or CM) in the closed-off Fantasyland fallout zone... Every once in a while you get the random Guest who refuses to listen to the CM at the rope and MUST get through there RIGHT NOW...

-Rob

GymLeaderPhil

If they have to stop a ride for an unusual condition or emergency, they can certainly suspend a fireworks show for the same reason. Sadly I don't think we will know exactly what occurred specifically (unless Boo chimes in), but let's be thankful that it wasn't anything big enough to end the rest of the showing and pick up media attention.

Phonedave

Anything from a system crash - with reboot time - to timecode being lost to something that needed looking at for safety.

Exactly.

With a 'normal' show if something goes wrong, the 'show can go on' you can just work around it it.

But with pyro, is something is not working correctly, then there are safety concerns and shutting down (or delaying) is the choice.

-dave

Figment1986

Mr Smee overslept/was drunk and forgot to light the rockets?

Nah... Disney was experimenting with some stuff they bought from the wizarding world... only it didn't work right so they went back with their normal ones...

(Watch the Public Grand opening video to see what I mean:drevil:)

Seriously though, as others said it could be a range of different things from time code lost to computer error to a misfire too early or late... it's a sensitive and safe set up...

Figment1986

I was told a guest called 911 reporting a fire on the castle during the pirate takeover.

:brick: did they at least get to reedy creek dispatch and not orange county dispatch, since reedy creek has their new station just to the side of the frontierland backstage entrance.. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom