What happened with Night-tastic? 6/20

rebecca06261

There were issues with the show on 6/19 as well. There was a rather significant rain delay so the fireworks didn't begin until 11:10 but when they did begin, it wasn't the complete show (I had seen the premier earlier on the 5th so this is what I'm comparing it to.) Tinkerbob was missing entirely and the 180° firework displays were also missing.

BrerFrog

That is the first time I have heard of something like that happening. I would be extremely disappointed if I was watching my first Nightastic show and somethign like this happened. :(

rainfully

I was there as well... I can't imagine a guest calling 911 about the castle being on fire... seeing as though none of the castle effects were working during the "castle attack"... just a few flashing lights. So that really doesn't compute with me...

sublimesting

I can't see Disney relying on a guest for something like this. I would think that an area CM/manager could eaily confirm whether the castle was burning to the ground.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I was there as well... I can't imagine a guest calling 911 about the castle being on fire... seeing as though none of the castle effects were working during the "castle attack"... just a few flashing lights. So that really doesn't compute with me...

are you talking about the sat night or sun night? as far as I know, everything was working as planned on Sunday night.

I can absolutely believe a guest would do that. Many(not all) guests leave their brain in a box at home.

Between the sat night rain delay and sun night pause, it wasn't a good weekend for MK fireworks. Thankfully things were back to normal last night.

rainfully

are you talking about the sat night or sun night? as far as I know, everything was working as planned on Sunday night.

I can absolutely believe a guest would do that. Many(not all) guests leave their brain in a box at home.

Between the sat night rain delay and sun night pause, it wasn't a good weekend for MK fireworks. Thankfully things were back to normal last night.

I'm talking about Sunday night... none of the Castle "explosions" were working... nothing was happening except for some flashing lights... That's when I first noticed something was wrong and then right when Tinkerbell flew no other fireworks went off.

That's why I don't see a guest calling about the Castle being on fire since it didn't even LOOK on fire.... not at all like it looks when it really does look like its exploding! It just doesn't make any sense.

Rob562

I'm talking about Sunday night... none of the Castle "explosions" were working... nothing was happening except for some flashing lights... That's when I first noticed something was wrong and then right when Tinkerbell flew no other fireworks went off.

That's why I don't see a guest calling about the Castle being on fire since it didn't even LOOK on fire.... not at all like it looks when it really does look like its exploding! It just doesn't make any sense.

Plus, the show would be at least half over before anyone in authority with Reedy Creek go ahold of someone in authority with the pyrotechnic crew... First you have a Guest calling 911, which gets them the county Sheriff/dispatcher. The dispatcher would then have to determine that the caller was in the MK and calling about a situation in the MK. Dispatcher would then have to transfer the call to Reedy Creek, who would then have to determine what's going on with the Guest.
By the time Reedy Creek could then call someone in charge with pyro (or perhaps the duty manager at the park) the show would be at least half done.

And if the Guest knew to ask for Reedy Creek immediately upon the county answering the call, they're a very well-informed Guest and most-likely wouldn't be fooled in the first place by a pyro effect thinking the castle was on fire...

-Rob

World Traveler

I was watching from the Polynesian that night, and was in the MK yesterday. Amy doing photopassing in the hub said that a vehicle was detected on the back access road, shutting down an auxillary station, and then the e-stop was pulled after the tinkerbell slide. The show managers know to shutdown the show at that point in the event of an emergency as it allows for an "ending." The show was cancelled but recontinued after security cleared the problem behind the park.

The 911 call about the fire on the castle is bogus since that's far too easy a prank for Disney to go for.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I was watching from the Polynesian that night, and was in the MK yesterday. Amy doing photopassing in the hub said that a vehicle was detected on the back access road, shutting down an auxillary station, and then the e-stop was pulled after the tinkerbell slide. The show managers know to shutdown the show at that point in the event of an emergency as it allows for an "ending." The show was cancelled but recontinued after security cleared the problem behind the park.

The 911 call about the fire on the castle is bogus since that's far too easy a prank for Disney to go for.

I was going to say, this sounds like someone was detected in an off-limits area and they had to abort. The other issues on the other day sound like weather prevented everything being loaded.

I was told a guest called 911 reporting a fire on the castle during the pirate takeover.

One of my roomates works parades for MK and she confirmed this to me tonight. And I believe it :dazzle: and like others have been stating, the castle wasn't even at the "getting blown up" part, why yeah?? I'm confused as it as well. Wow and Disney doesn't take chances when it comes to safety.

*I wonder where my roomate got her source lol Still, what a night!

WDW Monorail

One of my roomates works parades for MK and she confirmed this to me tonight. And I believe it :dazzle: and like others have been stating, the castle wasn't even at the "getting blown up" part, why yeah?? I'm confused as it as well. Wow and Disney doesn't take chances when it comes to safety.

*I wonder where my roomate got her source lol Still, what a night!

But it's not true.

rainfully

Plus, the show would be at least half over before anyone in authority with Reedy Creek go ahold of someone in authority with the pyrotechnic crew... First you have a Guest calling 911, which gets them the county Sheriff/dispatcher. The dispatcher would then have to determine that the caller was in the MK and calling about a situation in the MK. Dispatcher would then have to transfer the call to Reedy Creek, who would then have to determine what's going on with the Guest.
By the time Reedy Creek could then call someone in charge with pyro (or perhaps the duty manager at the park) the show would be at least half done.

And if the Guest knew to ask for Reedy Creek immediately upon the county answering the call, they're a very well-informed Guest and most-likely wouldn't be fooled in the first place by a pyro effect thinking the castle was on fire...

-Rob

I also had these same thoughts!

astro

Original Poster
I heard from my fellow CMs that there was a fire in the castle. But the security breach makes much more sense considering they restarted and there seemed to be nothing in the way of emergency services seeing to the area.

Thanks for clearing this up guys. Muchos appreciated.

Hopefully my next viewing won't be quite as hindered. From where I work I don't really get to see them very clearly so days off are the only way!

Neverland

I close, clear, and protect the areas around the castle for SNFS a few times a week. I was told by a higher-up that a guest called 911 because of some exhaust coming out of a pipe on top of Sir Mickey's (or something similar to that) and they freaked and told the 911 dispatcher that the castle was on fire. Disney never takes any chances when it comes to safety, so they stopped the show and continued it when given the all-clear. It might sound like a prank, but a fire on or near the castle during the fireworks (which shoot off of/near the castle) is plausible, so they had to check it out, just in case. The show managers or whoever probably just checked out the castle really quick to make sure everything was okay, without having to send Reedy Creek in.

rangerbob

Disney never takes any precautions when it comes to safety, so they stopped the show and continued it when given the all-clear.

If this isn't taking safety precautions I don't know what is. If this were to be Six Flags they would have kept the fireworks going and take care of the fire after the show was over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom