What happened to dead men tell no tales

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Rode Pirates today. Why/when did they take out the dead men tell no tales echoe in the caves???
Its just not the same, in fact found all the audio to be very off/poor throughout the whole thing. I know its widely known thats its in bad shape anyway, but today seemed really bad quality.
And the railroad station announcement is gone with the booming voice, grand circle tour arounddddd the magic kingdom, all aboarrrrd!!!! It seems like more and more of the little things that made it great and "Disney" like that way are being phased out, of course the people mover narration being another. But I was surprised about dead men tell no tales. I thought it still played even with the mermaid addition, which is barely noticeable as it is.

jdmdisney99

Rode Pirates today. Why/when did they take out the dead men tell no tales echoe in the caves???
Its just not the same, in fact found all the audio to be very off/poor throughout the whole thing. I know its widely known thats its in bad shape anyway, but today seemed really bad quality.
And the railroad station announcement is gone with the booming voice, grand circle tour arounddddd the magic kingdom, all aboarrrrd!!!! It seems like more and more of the little things that made it great and "Disney" like that way are being phased out, of course the people mover narration being another. But I was surprised about dead men tell no tales. I thought it still played even with the mermaid addition, which is barely noticeable as it is.
Hmm...strange.

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Maybe it was just today then or something, it was def off. In fact that whole float through section of the caves didnt have any of the theme music in the background like it use to. the mermaid voice was singing, but that was it.

jdmdisney99

Agreed, the skeleton on the beach is awesome, the water effects should be removed in their current state.
Yeah, I haven't been there but I have seen the poor attempt online and it just looks BAD.

*splash*splash*
"Look mommy it's a wave!"

:banghead:

If they're going to add a mermaid they should add an AA that's noticeable or take it out completely.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I guess they told someone.

*Thread Drift*

I have to say the mermaid additions are the most disappointing waste of effort I've seen in a while. I remember reading about them pre-install and when I finally saw them I was like... Really?

Yeah, a bit...it could have been a bit bigger, a little clearer to see instead of a blue light and a splash. Still, kinda neat.

The skeleton is a nice touch though!

MarkTwain

It's not gone completely, but because the mermaids' singing now dominates the cave scene, it's greatly reduced. There's usually just one or two "Dead Men Tell No Tales" before the mermaids take over, so they can be easy to miss if you're not listening for it.

discos

Yeah, I haven't been there but I have seen the poor attempt online and it just looks BAD.

*splash*splash*

If their going to add a .

*splash*splash*

If their going to add a mermaid they should add an AA that's noticeable or take it out completely.
If I didn't read here on the boards that they were supposed to be mermaids I would have thought they were little blue waves. THATS Disney magic right there

RSoxNo1

*splash*splash*

If their going to add a mermaid they should add an AA that's noticeable or take it out completely.
The only time I've seen a clear projection in the water next to the boat was when I saw a Windows error message projected on the surface.

71jason

Speaking of mermaids that don't work, Ariel in "Under the Sea" was completely motionless tonight--which makes her look even more like a Real Doll. Also, the opening Scuttle blinked his eyes constantly but otherwise did not move.

On a ride that's been open since 2013, not since the 70s.

StarWarsGirl

Attractions have good and bad days. Sometimes effects don't work. Sometimes they do. It worked when I was there a few weeks ago. It may have just been down for the day. My parents are at the world right now. They should ride it Sunday night. I'll ask them if they notice it then. :)

StarWarsGirl

Speaking of mermaids that don't work, Ariel in "Under the Sea" was completely motionless tonight--which makes her look even more like a Real Doll. Also, the opening Scuttle blinked his eyes constantly but otherwise did not move.

On a ride that's been open since 2013, not since the 70s.
That's been down for a bit actually. Wasn't working when I was there either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom