What goes on in the old Image Works?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Do they use that space for conferences or something. It's weird how the chairs are are still lined up and every thing is in order, and looking at this video besides the 2 umbrellas they the area looks pretty clean. It almost looks like it closed yesterday.

ntoeman

Unfortunately it's kind of run-down once you get up there and explore. Definitely a lot can be done up there, but if you were to go up there now you would just find remnants and junk laying around in the rooms further back for the most part.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
i see in the glass dont the room looks very nice. I forgot how nice it was up there, I hope they open that up again, even as just an overlook.

Fable McCloud

I'm sure they could do something with that space...rather than keep adding tons of new buildings and attractions, couldn't they spruce up an unused building?

TheBeatles

when i was up there this past august there was construction going on. i didn't see what was being built because it was walled off.

When my dad was a CM for that attraction, he took me up there. It's really sad how it looks up there. When I was there, the Rainbow tunnel was still there (and lit up), all the kiosks were still there, but not working (naturally). But there were TV/Monitors just tossed all around and basically a bunch of trash just all over the place. My dad showed me the "green" room where some of the actors get ready (the ones that do some sort of skit when you're exiting the ride... directly to the left of the exit, once you enter Imageworks).

My dad used to go up there and eat lunch sometimes and look out at the park. It's really a shame that they let that prime real estate go to such waste.

tampabrad

I recently saw pictures of it and half looked like storage and leftover kiosks from the old attraction. The other half was used for convention meetings, cm training/meetings etc. The meeting space looked like it was under the glass pyramids.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
when i was up there this past august there was construction going on. i didn't see what was being built because it was walled off.

Kodak is gone, I wonder if there is something new coming to town.

When my dad was a CM for that attraction, he took me up there. It's really sad how it looks up there. When I was there, the Rainbow tunnel was still there (and lit up), all the kiosks were still there, but not working (naturally). But there were TV/Monitors just tossed all around and basically a bunch of trash just all over the place. My dad showed me the "green" room where some of the actors get ready (the ones that do some sort of skit when you're exiting the ride... directly to the left of the exit, once you enter Imageworks).

My dad used to go up there and eat lunch sometimes and look out at the park. It's really a shame that they let that prime real estate go to such waste.

Why would the tunnel be lit, is it on a timer? I heard it was in bad shape.

mcjaco

My dad showed me the "green" room where some of the actors get ready (the ones that do some sort of skit when you're exiting the ride... directly to the left of the exit, once you enter Imageworks).

The green screens were for Dreamfinder's Film School. A group of people would film a movie entirely infront of the green screen from Dreamfinder's instructions. Then they'd show the completed film with the backdrop inserted at the end.

Comical, but it lost it's luster after a few years, since they only had two or three different versions you could be apart of.

raven

Do they use that space for conferences or something. It's weird how the chairs are are still lined up and every thing is in order, and looking at this video besides the 2 umbrellas they the area looks pretty clean. It almost looks like it closed yesterday.

Those chairs are there all the time. That area directly near the elevator is used as a meeting area for training, service awards and other informational meetings. The rest of the floor is mainly unused save for the old green screen area which is walled off for projecting testing. A few random lights still remain lit but for the most part it's quite dark. I've come to believe this upper floor may have fallen victim to mold, much like the old store on the upper level of Canada. For that reason they cannot be occupied by guests anymore.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
These are from a few years ago: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v725/dreamfinder/

(They're not my photos, I just remember them being posted awhile back.)

Its lice to know some of my greatest childhood memories are still there. That tunnes could be falf working because its not occupied constantly. The neon lighting looks sad, but then it might just net be getting a chance to warm up.

Those chairs are there all the time. That area directly near the elevator is used as a meeting area for training, service awards and other informational meetings. The rest of the floor is mainly unused save for the old green screen area which is walled off for projecting testing. A few random lights still remain lit but for the most part it's quite dark. I've come to believe this upper floor may have fallen victim to mold, much like the old store on the upper level of Canada. For that reason they cannot be occupied by guests anymore.

They better do something about that mold because mold spreads. They should just blast it with shockwave. its expencive but not as expencive as having to gut the building and replacing all the exterior or even replacing the building. One little black mold spore finds a source of water it spreads. Those windows can cause allot of water to build up inside with the moisture that comes off of them. If theres mold that building will not be sponcered. They dont want to deal with osha.

raven

They better do something about that mold because mold spreads. They should just blast it with shockwave. its expencive but not as expencive as having to gut the building and replacing all the exterior or even replacing the building. One little black mold spore finds a source of water it spreads. Those windows can cause allot of water to build up inside with the moisture that comes off of them. If theres mold that building will not be sponcered. They dont want to deal with osha.

Well I have news for you: there is mold all over the WDW property. That's because they turn off the air at night, moisture from humidity sets in and causes it to grow. There are ways to clean it and chemicals used to stop furthur growth that are used. I just cleaned a whole bunch of it last weekend on some molding in a shop at Epcot.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Well I have news for you: there is mold all over the WDW property. That's because they turn off the air at night, moisture from humidity sets in and causes it to grow. There are ways to clean it and chemicals used to stop furthur growth that are used. I just cleaned a whole bunch of it last weekend on some molding in a shop at Epcot.

Oh yeah of course. Im talking mold that is unsafe to be arround. For instance black mold is a health hazard. Black mold is everywhere mostly in little dots but when it bets to be giant patches it just takes over. They really need to remove that mold or they are going to have trouble. My house had a mold problum and it took forever to find it. I always smelt it the worse when my house was unocupied for more than a week because my mom tryed to hide it. Finally when we ripped out our old kitchen we found it but being hid behind the counters we couldnt tell where it was coming from. There were huge chunks of it and it took over all the insulation and sheetrock. Not to mention getting the new cabinets were delayed since we had to remove all of it. It was under the bathroom of course. Mold is ok but when its black and you smell it strong theres a problum. Disney is infested with mildew, Imagination I would imagine would be pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom