What famous person could narrate Spaceship Earth as well as Jeremy Irons?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I think many (but not all) would agree that the Spaceship Earth narration by Jeremy Irons was the best one. That's not to say that the current one with Judi Dench is bad, but I feel that her rendition of it lacks the "wonder" of the subject the way Irons' reading did. What celebrities do you think may be a good replacement for Dench (if they ever go another way again)?

Here's my list (so far):
James Earl Jones
Michael Caine
Alec Baldwin
Kelsey Grammar
Helen Mirren

ddbowdoin

I think many (but not all) would agree that the Spaceship Earth narration by Jeremy Irons was the best one. That's not to say that the current one with Judi Dench is bad, but I feel that her rendition of it lacks the "wonder" of the subject the way Irons' reading did. What celebrities do you think may be a good replacement for Dench (if they ever go another way again)?

Here's my list (so far):
James Earl Jones
Michael Caine
Alec Baldwin
Kelsey Grammar
Helen Mirren

YES, plain and simple hands down.

G00fyDad

Me. Okay, so I'm just a celebrity in my own mind, but it counts!

I agree with Morgan Freeman. However with our luck we'll get Fran Drescher.

ExtinctJenn

real mad hatter said:
There is only one.The highlander Sir Sean Connery.
Y'know... I absolutely LOVE Connery's voice (and acting for that matter) but sitting here closing my eyes hearing him do the narration I don't know that he'd be a good fit. I can't put my finger on why though. LOL!

I think if we're going back to a more "serious" version of the narration (Judi's gave the ride a more perky feel) then James Earl Jones would be perfect. His association with the Lion King and Star Wars also make him a perfect fit (his voice is already heard around property).

I think Helen Mirren would be pretty similar to Judi Dench personally. I don't know that it'd be much of a change.

I like Morgan Freeman. His voice is captivating.
I agree with this 100%. He was the first name that came to my mind after reading the post. DH and I love the show he does for Science Channel (Through the Wormhole).

real mad hatter

Y'know... I absolutely LOVE Connery's voice (and acting for that matter) but sitting here closing my eyes hearing him do the narration I don't know that he'd be a good fit. I can't put my finger on why though. LOL!

I think if we're going back to a more "serious" version of the narration (Judi's gave the ride a more perky feel) then James Earl Jones would be perfect. His association with the Lion King and Star Wars also make him a perfect fit (his voice is already heard around property).

I think Helen Mirren would be pretty similar to Judi Dench personally. I don't know that it'd be much of a change.

I agree with this 100%. He was the first name that came to my mind after reading the post. DH and I love the show he does for Science Channel (Through the Wormhole).
Shucks ! Am shure I could do it at Spaitch shi..earth:)

MagicMike

Samuel L. Jackson, you know that guy would do it.

I think Tom Hanks or Denzel Washington would fit well if given the right script.

WDWmazprty

All of the above would be great.

I'll throw in David Wenham from the movie 300. He was the storyteller, I think he would be a great voice also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom