What do YOU want to see at Disney Springs?

Goofy213

I agree an Ice Rink would be unique and make northern visitors feel more at home in the wintertime. Along the lines of a Broadway Theatre does anyone know how the one in Shanghai's Downtown area is doing? I theatre would be great, and would kind of act like a winter quaters for some of the proformers. Let's face it the Adventurer's Club is not coming back, but perhaps a more family friendly mystery dinner theatre would take it's place? Sad to say we are stuck with the NBA Experience at least until it's contract runs out, but look at the ground work they have already done to bring in Dave and Busters, or even Disney Quest back. One last thing and this could be added to either DS or Boardwalk. How about a small Ferris Wheel? No taller than the tallest building around it, but a nice simple slow enjoyable ride, not everyone is keen on the idea of riding a balloon 150 feet in the air.

shelbyff

It would be great to see a John Hardy jewelry store. Seems as though everyone is wearing it and they give back to the forests for all pieces bought. Check them out. Very popular and great sellers.

RoadiJeff

I miss the Adventurer's Club as well as the live impromptu show right across from it (cannot remember what it was called). "Drop your drawers, drop your drawers. I'll drop mine if you'll drop yours". LOL - oh, what memories. :D

macefamily

Wouldn't Dave and Buster's just be a reboot of DisneyQuest ? Not that I'm complaining because we loved DisneyQuest. I wonder how the NBA Experience is doing ?

Hank Hill

Wouldn't Dave and Buster's just be a reboot of DisneyQuest ? Not that I'm complaining because we loved DisneyQuest. I wonder how the NBA Experience is doing ?
They have had The Main Event, and Andretti open in Orlando in the last few years, either of those would have been a great fit. The difference being DQ was a ticketed - pay once for everything, and the D&B type places you pay as you go. Which would be better IMO. Some of the new VR and motion simulators I've tried at those places are pretty fun, DQ never updated enough. Either way, I think an arcade of some sort would do really well.

Would be nice if the parents didn't have to pay for the NBA experience. I have no interest in doing the stuff, but would have to pay $34 to take the kid in. Maybe they will do something different once the restaurant opens. Let the parents sit at the bar while the kids go in. It does say guests have to be 14 or with someone over 14 to go in without parents.

MrMcDuck

Things I'd like:

- Return of Disney Quest - updated for the modern taste in entertainment and with an adventurer's theme. One or two floors would be full of Disney-themed "adventures" (i.e. escape rooms). One floor would be the place for adventurers to relax and unwind (themed barcade). One or two floors would be for adventurers to train (ninja/trampoline/rock climbing sort of thing, all creatively themed of course).

- Dinner theater with an original, high quality musical

- Bookstore. The Barnes and Noble in Dr. Phillips can get insanely busy (for a bookstore) during heavy tourist times, so there seems to be a desire for one. Base it off the bookstore or library in BatB. Don't really care. Just want one.

spock8113

Ok, here’s what I can see and get just a few blocks from my own house:

Dave and Busters OR Round 1 Entertainment
iFLY Indoor SkyDiving
Mini golf OR Topgolf-like concept
Art Museum
Broadway Theater
NYE Nightclub District
Dinner Show
Jubilee's
Bojangle's
Texas de Brasil
Johnny Rocket's
McDonald's
CVS/Walgreens/Rite-Aid
Disney-like Barnes and Noble
Jewish Deli

More Unique Shopping w/ Lower Prices - Lower prices are not any part of Disney property venues.

Disney needs to draw on unique, not chains or franchises. With M&M they might as well go to Hershey.
How about a Star Wars Droid shop there? Toy Story interactive arcade?
And I don’t know where Disney is having their souvenirs and stuffed characters done, but they are now awful and often don’t look like the character they’re supposed to be. That quality is obviously suffering.

Pleasure Island was seriously missing “kids” stuff and Downtown Disney was shops with some dining and pin trading.
Now “Disney Springs” is just an upscale mall where much of it is overpriced.
Time to get back to basics where regular families AND regular kids can have a reasonable side trip without blowing the remaining budget.
Seems every time they rename it and revamp it, in the end it slowly fades because
they get away from Walt’s basic premise of “Affordable Family Fun”.

Goofy213

The things I remember when I was younger going in DisQue, was the Genie elevator entrance. The Space Mountain simulator, Pirates interactive group game, and the Nerf shooting bumber car tanks. Bring more activities like thoughs back.

Parker in NYC

Ok, here’s what I can see and get just a few blocks from my own house:

Dave and Busters OR Round 1 Entertainment
iFLY Indoor SkyDiving
Mini golf OR Topgolf-like concept
Art Museum
Broadway Theater
NYE Nightclub District
Dinner Show
Jubilee's
Bojangle's
Texas de Brasil
Johnny Rocket's
McDonald's
CVS/Walgreens/Rite-Aid
Disney-like Barnes and Noble
Jewish Deli

You can never have enough Jewish delis. They're even an endangered species in NY!

jetnut77

And this is how the great forum burger wars began...

;)

Anyhoo, this reminds me of an ice cream shop in a beach town in NJ which is next to a local playhouse which, in the Summer, puts on a new musical each week (daily... they rehearse next week's musical the week they perform the current one). The ice cream shop had singing waitstaff (that were part of the understudies and B team for the musicals). They churn guests through every half hour and you'd get about three Broadway musical numbers performed during that time. And if you asked what flavors they have, the whole staff would come out to sing the list of flavors to the tune of Hallelujah Chorus.

So... DS needs a Broadway stage and a singing ice cream shop.
Show Place in Beach Haven, NJ. I've been there a few times. I had to sing a version of Yankee Doodle Dandy
when I ordered a red, white and blue ice cream sundae there. It is a great place with talented young performers/servers
and the patrons/audience are encouraged to sing along.

ppete1975

I love how everyone keeps mentioning Disney quest, but was it ever that popular? I know late in life it was neglected and with the price explains why it wasn't attended. But when it was new, was it ever that popular?

Id like to see if they ever remove country bears, or tiki or anything honestly to move it here and use it in a restaurant or as an attraction (depending on what attraction it was).

Walt Disney1955

It would be nice to see an old attraction built in there, something like Mr. Toad or whatever that may be. I know that wouldn't happen, but wouldn't it be nice to go back and see these?

ppete1975

Honestly, I don't know if it would really fit with certain safety policies, but a ship restaurant would be cool. Something that actually sailed on the lake.
I like your idea although id rather have this
See the source image

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom