What do you think of Spaceship Earth?

Spaceship Earth???

• Great attraction - always try to make it!

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • Mediocre Disney ride. Eh. . . skip it this time.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Bad attraction; I can't stand it.

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

yoav_ko

SE

Space ship Earth is the first disney attraction I ever rode when I was 16, I was shocked and awed,
for me SE simbolises the fun and innovention of disney (If I got there when I was 6 my GF would have taken me to MK first and probebly POC was titled best memory) I really hope that it will not turn to some sort of TT (live commercial) or new JII (just plain boring) I wouldn't mind to see updates for it (new track new sound new effects) or maby somthing to be done in the huge black area with the city tops and the moon on the top of the ride (I think they had a big white city that was glowing and had cars and elevators moving there once but since the 96(?) update its gone with "tommorow child") and they can dump global negihborhood for somthing interesting.
but please don't ruin it for somthing cheap

sorry for crappy spelling English is not my native toung (and I'm quite sure your Hebrew is worse :)))))
Save Disney Roy is right!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: SE

Originally posted by yoav_ko
(and I'm quite sure your Hebrew is worse :)))))
Save Disney Roy is right!!

uhh... uhhh... uhh......

*allows the jewish half of me to come out*

SHALOM!

that's about it for me... lol

GServo84

First off, mkt, great photo. Second, they can't remove SSE for sentimental reasons. I have such great memories of it. Whenever my Aunt, Uncle and I go, we always hit SSE and ride it together. Finally, they can't. The structure is dependent on the ride track. If they remove it, it will implode. Hah, try removing that Eisner.

badsquishy

Our whole family loves it, including the cranky teenager. :) I especially like how you can smell Rome burning only in that particular area. Cool!! We also don't mind when it does stop because you get a better chance to look around.

Since1976

Not a criticism really, just a funny insight into a child's mind...

As a kid, I never really got around the whole concept of the Earth being a big spaceship. I remember going on the ride, liking it, but then wondering "Where the heck was the spaceship?!?!?"

I wasn't very good at metaphors at the time ;-)

JLW11Hi

I had to choose the middle one for the lack of a 4th choice: I really love the ride, but I do think it needs an update.

If they keep it the way it is, thats ok with me....but it would be awesome to see a big update on the AAs and stages and stuff.

It sucks that we have to be weary about "updates" nowadays, as "update" usually pertains to crappiness...lol. Why can't we get just one cool AA filled attraction with new effects, new, big, awesome sets, and ride vehicles?? Just one cool family attraction??? The last one I have seen made was Pooh....that was quite a while ago....

Scooter

My wife and I usually ride Spaceship Earth 3 times on each trip.

We Love how it's so relaxing and we never get tired of it.

I wish they would make it a little smoother though...I have smacked my head a few times being jerked around so much.

As far as changes...I say just clean it up and put a fresh coat of paint on everything once in a while and leave it alone.

I Love that it's a walk on most of the time. Those omnimovers are were great idea. I wish we had more of them like SE and HM.

Another reason why I miss Horizons. <sigh>

Tramp

Griz:

I love SSE as does my family...but I wish there was a little more content during the descent portion of the ride, although I manage to get a few zzzz at that time....so relaxing, especially on a hot, summer day!:)

(just as a side...I don't like the golf ball design...the sphere should have been designed to look like Earth in a Bas-Relief style and wouldn't it have been cool if it would rotate in accordance with real time) Hey, I can dream, can't I? :lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
LMAO Tramp! I agree with updating the entire ride. This poll was conducted just to see how many people favored the attraction. . . looks like a clear majority.

The plans that I heard were coming out of WDI called for a complete gutting (EXPENSIVE!) of the sphere, with more than likely no sets/animatronics returning (as based on Future World's Mission Space, Test Track, and Journey into Imagination previous AA-ride throughs). Apparently, the gutting idea has fell through. This thread was simply to show who liked the STLYE - I'd love to see rehab, enhancements, etc. - that would be great progress.

meeko_33785

It's a good, quality ride, but personaly doesn't float my boat. I usually go on it about every 3 years or so. I seem to go on El Rio Del Tiempo more than this one.

WDWhumanmap

space ship earth was a classic before it was changed now its just boring i mean its okay for what it is but i hate the ending if they can bring back the song at the end i think it will bring back the old energy to some point

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I believe that SE is the best example of "Educainment" on property. I never miss it and I actually make it a point to go on it more than once a trip. I couldn't believe that when I would sit in my humanities classes that I could remember sections of that ride in connection with what we were studying. I used SE to help me remember and study for humanities tests.

As far as a rehab is concerned, I think SE is amazing already! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom