What do you think of Spaceship Earth?

Spaceship Earth???

• Great attraction - always try to make it!

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • Mediocre Disney ride. Eh. . . skip it this time.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Bad attraction; I can't stand it.

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Donfan

SSE is certainly one of the best rides in Epcot. Whenever I take someone new there, I always head for SSE first to get them in the correct mood for the whole park. I agree with those above who think that there could be some improvements to the descent portion, but, overall, it is a great ride and I never miss it when I am at WDW.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Scooter
My wife and I usually ride Spaceship Earth 3 times on each trip.
There's a ride in there ? :eek:
SE is a very simple, effective ride - we ALWAYS ride 2-3 times every time we visit the park. EPCOT wouln't be EPCOT without SE.

PS - can we start a petition to get rid of that bl**dy wand ?

Disney2002

I think that SE should go under for a rehab to replace all of the animatronics with newer, more expressive ones. Nothing else should change... just get rid of the wax works.

Although I enjoy a relaxing ride on SSE just as much as the next person, I think that its boring. My idea is that they keep the omnimovers but they redo the communication storyline. It's very educational, but that's the last thing that I want in WDW.

JMO

BigNorm

I love SSE. It's classic Disney, period. Whoever called it Educainment was right on the money. Definitely never miss it when I'm in Epcot. LOVE IT!

^^^OOPS! Who isn't in a good mood when they go to Disney??

:hammer: SILLY ME! :hammer:

It puts you in a relaxation mood and also it's great because it has AC, so for hot days-cool off!

cloudboy

It's very educational, but that's the last thing that I want in WDW.

Isn't that the whole point of Epcot?

Personally, I think Spaceship Earth is in less need of a makeover than other attractions like The land boat ride and Rio Del Tiempo.

I would love it if they changed those vehicles, though. Rather uncomfortable and the audio system is a little wierd if the ride stops.

They should also move the entrance around to the other side, so it faces Communicore (sorry Innoventions). I think that would make it more popular.

Second though, keep the entrance where it is, thank you.

SirGoofy

SSE is okay. I go on it everytime I visit out of respect more than out of enjoyment. It is a work of imagineering art. The AAs are awsome and the building itself is awe inspiring. These reasons make it a must see. I don't ride it for pure enjoyment.

Expo_Seeker40

Spaceship Earth is one of the last of its kind. I wish I never had to say that. I really do think of it as not just the symbol of Epcot, but the ride itself is like a trip back to the old EPCOT Center. I looked through all three versions of the ride, and Spaceship Earth has hardly changed at all as far as the initial ride goes. There was an addition of extra scenes in the decent of the ride.

Did you know that the poster of spaceship earth with an orange and blue boarder around it, plus the large mural of the space station or sattellite in the que area are all 1982 originals?!

I hope they keep the ride, and never turn it into a thrill ride. I hope they keep up with making sure light, sound, and the animatronics work. Also cosmetic work should be considered. I do think the ride should go down for a rehab so they can really fix all the omnimovers. I don't need a concussion when lifting up into the geosphere.:hammer:

P.S. Yes this is just my opinion, but I feel that the wand should come off of SSE, and that the whole geodesicsphere be cleaned. It looks more complete and literally beautiful all by itself without the distortion of the wand.

Just my 2 cents.:p

AkEverestAK

i love spaceship earth mainly becuase its such a great icon. i dont understand why you all hate that wand. i think it looks amazing. another reason why its amazingis becuase the line moves SO quickly-more then any other wdw attraction ( i think ). +++ it is a long, relaxing ride. therefore, spaceship earth is always a ride i HAVE to do, and i do it last, as i am leaving the park.

BeachClubVillas

Originally posted by space*mt*ranger
Favorite ride at Epcot :sohappy:

I'll second that!!! I ride it at least four or five times when I go to Epcot. It helps me get over the pain of not having Horizons and World of Motion any more. :cry:

Bill

Account Suspended
I love Spaceship Earth. Though I, like Grizz, am for updating. :) Espically the Scenes and Ride System!

Mission: SPACE

I can survive through Spaceship Earth... Don't get me wrong, I like the attraction, but I think it could use an extensive rehab to update certain sections, as well as the omni-mover itself. I hadn't gone on SSE until my last trip in probably 2-3 years, and man, when I got out of that car, I was happy... They're just uncomfortable. Update them, inside and out, possibly reworking the ride system itself.

Other than the ride system, I think a lot more could be done with the planetarium. Let's throw in some 21st century technology, insead of just projections. This as well as the 'light tunnels' could use a major revamp. I'd like to see some more advanced Audio Animatronics as well.

I know I'm asking for a lot, but, although I am in favor of 'thrill attractions', I am also in favor for preserving Disney heritage; there needs to be a mix, but that's another thread ;) ... I'd rather see SSE stay a traditional dark ride, as opposed to another film, as was rumored, or a thrill attraction. Just not the right place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom