• No

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 19 18.1%

• Total voters

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It's vastly preferable to Disney Pixar Studios, but I think that just plain "Disney Studios" would have been better.

donald23

I think I'm on the same boat as most everybody here, Disney-Pixar would be far worse than Disney's Hollywood. I think we can all agree Disney Studios would be the best option, if only some important people would read these boards LOL. MGM lives on!

Patsc85

Smart move on Disney's Part. The association with Metro Goldwyn Mayer has def faded since the parks opening. However had they named it Disney Pixar Studios....it like said in some other posts here would pigeon hole the park in my opinion. So Disneys Hollywood Studio I think is a good choice. I don't think naming it just 'Disney Studios' would be such a smart thing as it might create confusion with the actual Disney Studio in Hollywood.

So here is to the best for the new chapter in Disney Hollywood/MGM Studio's life! And also to hoping it isn't as hard as I think it will be, to stop calling it MGM :ROFLOL:

ccmuffin2

" Disney Studios Florida " that would be be just the same as Universal Studios Florida ....they could not of changed it to that !

Hey what about " Disney Resort Studios "

fizzle75

I really like it. Even though I love Pixar I think Disney's Hollywood Studios rolls off the tongue better than Disney/Pixar Studios or even Disney/MGM Studios for that matter. I just hope The Great Movie ride gets some major TLC since it is the one attraction that directly relates to the name change.

JML42691

I like it, but I will probably only call it "The Studios" as I do now. At least I will technically be correct in calling it "The Studios".

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I prefer the Park formerly known as MGM.

don't you mean,

prince_mouseears.gif

yeti

It just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Disney MGM Studios" did. As said by many people already, they should have just called it the Disney Studios.

But thank heavens they didn't call it the Disney PIXAR Studios. :hurl:

SnowFire

I'm another one that is still trying to break the habit of calling it MGM. Disney Studios seems to be an easier change for me to remember than Disney Hollywood Studios.

C&D

Another vote for "Disney Studios"; I think the name will abbreviate to: the 'Studios' eventually. (but MGM is going to linger for quite a while) IMO

Nansafan

We had a family discussion as soon as we saw the name change. Our opinion is that we will still be referring to it as MGM among ourselves. When we do our trip itineraries column headings will remain, MK, EP, MGM, AK, BB, TL and DTD. I suppose that means that the name change does not matter to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom