What do you think Legoland will do to WDW's attendance?

S

stphnbogert

I live RIGHT next to where they are building it and they simply dont have a lot of land and this city really isn't a tourist town and doesnt have a lot to offer. What was here before legoland was a park with a few roller coasters. they had REALLY bad attendance. legoland isn't a threat to disney.

ABigBrassBand

I live RIGHT next to where they are building it and they simply dont have a lot of land and this city really isn't a tourist town and doesnt have a lot to offer. What was here before legoland was a park with a few roller coasters. they had REALLY bad attendance. legoland isn't a threat to disney.
If that's the case then Legoland is no threat; no question.

S

stphnbogert

Yeah absolutely not a threat. You have to put into account the surrounding area. Tourists won't want to come here cause we dont have nice restaurants and all of our hotels aren't not that nice. Legoland won't have any room for expansion for there is residential and businesses all around it.

Thumbelina

I dont think it will hurt Disney attendance.
But for the first year that its opened I bet a lot of people will be there.
Im pretty excited. I love legos. the only thing bad about that is it seems like its all about kids, so i bet ill get some weird looks if i go.
and from what i hear the lego store at DTD will not close. which makes me happy cause i love that store!

flavious27

It is an hour away from WDW to the north and Busch Gardens to the west. I don't see any family spending 2 hours driving to a legoland when they can spend that time at wdw.

TP2000

Well yeah, their most popular park, Great Adv, had less than half the attendance of DCA.

It's amazing to see Six Flags park attendance decline so much over the last 20 years. In the early 1990's, during a national recession even, both Great Adventure in NJ and Six Flags Magic Mountain in SoCal were right around the 3.5 Million mark for yearly attendance. The Six Flags properties have done nothing but lose market share and attendance since then.

2009 Attendance Figures, Select American Parks
Magic Kingdom Park - 17.2 Million
Disneyland Park - 15.9 Million
Epcot - 10.9 Million
California Adventure Park - 6.1 Million
Knott's Berry Farm - 3.3 Million
Six Flags Great Adventure - 2.6 Million (closed winter months)
Six Flags Magic Mountain - 2.5 Million (open year-round, closed winter weekdays)

Legoland California? It's not on the list of Top 20 parks, but industry sources have widely claimed attendance in recent years around the 1.7 Million mark. Legoland California is open year round, but closed on Tuesday/Wednesday in winter.

Legoland California got to that modest attendance level after a decade of major expansion and additions, including several additional roller coasters and dark rides, a water park, and a separate-ticket aquarium next to the main gate. It will be interesting to see what attendance Legoland Florida can muster up when it opens.

cheezbat

I'm guessing the first few years of Legoland will see numbers from 1-2 million visitors a year. If they dont continually add to the park like they do in California, I think attendence will slip. But if they market properly, and keep adding new attractions, I can easily see Legoland Florida continuously bring in somewhere between 1.5-3 million visitors a year.

flavious27

It's amazing to see Six Flags park attendance decline so much over the last 20 years. In the early 1990's, during a national recession even, both Great Adventure in NJ and Six Flags Magic Mountain in SoCal were right around the 3.5 Million mark for yearly attendance. The Six Flags properties have done nothing but lose market share and attendance since then.

2009 Attendance Figures, Select American Parks
Magic Kingdom Park - 17.2 Million
Disneyland Park - 15.9 Million
Epcot - 10.9 Million
California Adventure Park - 6.1 Million
Knott's Berry Farm - 3.3 Million
Six Flags Great Adventure - 2.6 Million (closed winter months)
Six Flags Magic Mountain - 2.5 Million (open year-round, closed winter weekdays)

Legoland California? It's not on the list of Top 20 parks, but industry sources have widely claimed attendance in recent years around the 1.7 Million mark. Legoland California is open year round, but closed on Tuesday/Wednesday in winter.

Legoland California got to that modest attendance level after a decade of major expansion and additions, including several additional roller coasters and dark rides, a water park, and a separate-ticket aquarium next to the main gate. It will be interesting to see what attendance Legoland Florida can muster up when it opens.

There shouldn't be a decline in the attendance with no competition around them. They have added alot of rides and attractions but they also have removed long standing rides that just needed better maintenance and refurbs.

S

stphnbogert

Lego-land is going to be built in Winter Haven. I live RIGHT DOWN the block from it. It's not going to do anything. There is nothing in this city to drag people down here. We have wal-mart here that's it. The land that they are building on is surrounded by residential. There are crappy hotels here. It's the location that's going to drive it down into the ground that's why the last park there was barely open and closed due to low attendance. there is no way they're going to drive families to come down here unless they are building a hotel on property which i don't think they are and they dont have ANY room for expansion.

flavious27

Lego-land is going to be built in Winter Haven. I live RIGHT DOWN the block from it. It's not going to do anything. There is nothing in this city to drag people down here. We have wal-mart here that's it. The land that they are building on is surrounded by residential. There are crappy hotels here. It's the location that's going to drive it down into the ground that's why the last park there was barely open and closed due to low attendance. there is no way they're going to drive families to come down here unless they are building a hotel on property which i don't think they are and they dont have ANY room for expansion.

Do we get to build our room from a bin of pieces? Couldn't resist.

But yeah the location is just out of the way, it is an hour south of WDW. So people are going to be driving 2 hours for a park they might be at for 4. If this park and OTP get built, their should be a pool to see what one fails first.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Your profile says you live in Orlando. :confused:

Anyway, if they were ruthless they would get the city council to rezone around the park as entertainment use only, forcing people to sell out and move, then buy up the property needed for expansion. That's what any other corporate raider would do.

S

stphnbogert

well it says orlando cause i dont want everyone to know where i live. lol. do i need to prove i live here in wh now? lol. i dont think legloland would do that because the people here are old and would never sell out and move.

scottnj1966

Do you think that Legoland will take visitors from WDW? I mean, it's pretty much a big thing! People go to Anaheim and pass up Disneyland to go to Legoland... what do you think Legoland will do to WDW's attendance rates etc.?

I wont do a thing.
Not only are they away from the real tourist area, not much takes away from the Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom