What Do You Think is in Phase Two for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

ar81

X-wing vs. Tie Fighter original trilogy multi-launch coaster, or we riot
Love the idea! ROTR is the ultimate cinematic adventure but I also wish Disney would build an intense SW coaster that would put Universal to shame. Disney can show them that they can build thrilling rides not just the tamer (no matter how immersive) rides. Could you image if SWGE had both the ultimate dark ride hybrid (ROTR) and an ultimate thrilling intense coaster (RNRC/Tron on steriods)? So there’s something more thrilling for the older teens too and cater to both demographics in the land.

scottb411

In support of ar81's reply, just an idea: Keep Star Tours and swap out the Muppets with a Return of the Jedi Speeder Bike Chase attraction using the "Tron" cycle technology to compete with Hagrids at IOA:

This would give the park a forest attraction that fits with the entrance to GE.

Last edited:

doctornick

I bet Phase 2 for Galaxy's Edge will be just like the Phase 2 for Pandora...with the exception of adding more retail

It is funny you mention that, because insiders have suggested that there may actually be an expansion for Pandora. Of course it needs to be approved/greenlit but I am surprised it is even being considered

OSUPhantom

There’s absolutely nothing in “phase 2”

They have substantial work to do on the longterm appeal of the IP. That’s where the money is to be made off Star Wars and always has been.

I don't think Star Wars is in any danger as an IP. The rabid internet fan boys may be angry at Disney but even among those who dislike the newer movies the original trilogy remains one of, if not THE, most iconic film series of all time with almost near universal recognition and high appeal. Star Wars isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Mike S

I think one new mission for the Millenium Falcon should tie into the story of Rise of the Resistance. Have us join the Resistance fleet to take out the Star Destroyer above Batuu. They can make it so Hondo is trying to send us out like normal but then Chewie intervenes and gets us to help. I mean, there is a part in the RotR preshow with BB8 where you do see the Falcon.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think Star Wars is in any danger as an IP. The rabid internet fan boys may be angry at Disney but even among those who dislike the newer movies the original trilogy remains one of, if not THE, most iconic film series of all time with almost near universal recognition and high appeal. Star Wars isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
That is patently incorrect

Not only has box office declined precipitously...more importantly product orders have decreased significantly

They also put perhaps the biggest movie franchise ever arguably on”ice” at the box office

Not a single thing in production

You can believe whatever you want...I’m gonna go with the truth until further notice

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think one new mission for the Millenium Falcon should tie into the story of Rise if the Resistance. Have us join the Resistance fleet to take out the Star Destroyer above Batuu. They can make it so Hondo is trying to send us out like normal but then Chewie intervenes and gets us to help. I mean, there is a part in the RotR preshow with BB8 where you do see the Falcon.
Might be possible...

The problem is that story still sucks

Bocabear

It is funny you mention that, because insiders have suggested that there may actually be an expansion for Pandora. Of course it needs to be approved/greenlit but I am surprised it is even being considered
Hysterical! They were talking about that Phase 2 years ago when Pandora opened... The film never came out, Phase 2 is not going to happen...
The fan boards can talk about it, but unless it is in fact greenlit, it's not happening. They will spend money elsewhere in the park... Perhaps Chester and Hester...but very doubtful they would throw any more money at Pandora

Jones14

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker’s events, success, failure, etc, will have no real effect on the land’s goings on when it all comes down to it. The Evil Queen’s been dead for more than half a century, but she still manages to pop up at the end of the Mine Train every day.

Even Star Tours features Vader as being part of the Empire, despite him being both redeemed and dead in the part of the timeline they’re currently releasing. Kylo’s both a bad guy and alive between Last Jedi and Skywalker, so that’s where he’ll stay for the land.

Mike S

Yeah, Rise of Skywalker’s events, success, failure, etc, will have no real effect on the land’s goings on when it all comes down to it. The Evil Queen’s been dead for more than half a century, but she still manages to pop up at the end of the Mine Train every day.

Even Star Tours features Vader as being part of the Empire, despite him being both redeemed and dead in the part of the timeline they’re currently releasing. Kylo’s both a bad guy and alive between Last Jedi and Skywalker, so that’s where he’ll stay for the land.
Actually Star Tours is all sequel trilogy at the moment. I rode it during my trip and even the beginning scene where the Droid catches you instead of Vader was altered to have BB8 rolling around (heading to the parked Falcon I’m guessing) and the Star Destroyers changed to the First Order design. After that it was Jakku, Poe, Crait, and ending on Batuu. I hope it changes back to the OT/Prequel random scenes soon. If we can’t have that stuff in the big new $1 billion land can we at least have Star Tours?

Last edited:

Jones14

Actually Star Tours is all sequel trilogy at the moment. I rode it during my trip and even the beginning scene where the Droid catches you instead of Vader was altered to have BB8 rolling around (heading to the parked Falcon I’m guessing) and the Star Destroyers changed to the First Order design. After that it was Jakku, Poe, Crait, and ending on Batuu. I hope it changes back to the OT/Prequel random scenes soon. If we can’t have that stuff in the big new $1 billion land can we at least have Star Tours?
The variants are still in place, but the program locks into whichever timeline the first scene falls into, so if you get the sequel trilogy for the opening, you’ll get it the whole way through. I agree with you, though; Star Tours should become the home for the prequels and original trilogy for as long as it sticks around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom