What Do You Think is in Phase Two for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Star Wars movies are not “on ice”. There are numerous movies at different stages of development. What they said was they were backing away from their original plan of a new movie every 6-12 months which was probably the smart move. So for the next few years Disney+ will be where new SW content comes from. But new SW movies are coming and probably will continue to be made long after we are all dead.
Zero in production...not a one.

That doesn’t mean “backing away from 6-12” month” release schedules...

We are years away. Minimum.

Some movies have “been in development” for decades...
Want an example? New top gun trailer released today...which has been in various states of “development” since the late 90’s.

So would “chilled with liquod nitrogen” fit your terminology better?

Mike S

Want an example? New top gun trailer released today...which has been in various states of “development” since the late 90’s.

We’ve lost one trilogy, another is in flux, and they’re bringing in Kevin Feige for one movie as far as we know right now. The only definites for the foreseeable future are more seasons of Mandalorian and that Obi Wan show which I’m sure will be good. Not sure when the Cassian series is coming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We’ve lost one trilogy, another is in flux, and they’re bringing in Kevin Feige for one movie as far as we know right now. The only definites for the foreseeable future are more seasons of Mandalorian and that Obi Wan show which I’m sure will be good. Not sure when the Cassian series is coming.
The only things on the horizon as of now are the streaming shows...which I can appreciate as necessary for multiple reasons.

One trilogy is publicly down...the other is dead as a doornail - locked in based on the tracking for episode 9...

Don’t know what they’re doing with feige...I’d like to think it’s step one in a complete change of course...but it could also be a PR move to give Disney some cover as they “re-evaluate” for bobs stock price

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By the way...premier is tonight....

Though there is a mandated “loyalty” to the audience...I wonder if we get some real informal reviews leaking out over the next day or so?

Rosso11

Well the next movie is planned for 2022 so no I absolutely would not call that “chilled with liquid nitrogen.” I would call that back to how Star Wars movies were traditionally released 3 years a part. They have already stated they are waiting until after the release of The Rise of Skywalker to make their future plans public. You can’t honestly think Disney is not going to release Star Wars movies any longer. I know you’re smarter than that.

Mike S

Well the next movie is planned for 2022 so no I absolutely would not call that “chilled with liquid nitrogen.” I would call that back to how Star Wars movies were traditionally released 3 years a part. They have already stated they are waiting until after the release of The Rise of Skywalker to make their future plans public. You can’t honestly think Disney is not going to release Star Wars movies any longer. I know you’re smarter than that.
I’m sorry but wasn’t the 2022 plans for the Game of Thrones guys’ trilogy that just got canned?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is no longer correct. If they started production right this second it isn’t making 25 months (CORRECTION: It’s 37 months...guess they can make that🤔)
It’s not known when their specific movie was scheduled for release, at least publicly. But the Los Angeles Times as recently as yesterday is using the 2022 release date for the next film.
The times then did some shoddy fact checking...because those plans have been “iced”

Last edited:

Rosso11

That is no longer correct. If they started production right this second it isn’t making 25 months

The times then did some shoddy fact checking...because those plans have been “iced”
How do you figure? December 2022 opening is 36 months away. Disney came out with The Force Awakens almost exactly 3 years after they bought Lucasfilm. You’re telling me a movie that’s already in production can’t come out in the same time span as The Force Awakens which came out from scratch?🙄 And I’ll take the Los Angeles Times over some random YouTube kid making a video out of his parents basement any day when it comes to the movie business.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How do you figure? December 2022 opening is 36 months away. Disney came out with The Force Awakens almost exactly 3 years after they bought Lucasfilm. You’re telling me a movie that’s already in production can’t come out in the same time span as The Force Awakens which came out from scratch?🙄 And I’ll take the Los Angeles Times over some random YouTube kid making a video out of his parents basement any day when it comes to the movie business.
You are correct...I forgot to carry the “2”...2020 is already upon me.

They can make a 2022 release...just need to work out that little detail of what the hell to make?

By the way, Pengy...I see you lurking...how are those tracking charts looking for the new movie? 😉

Jimmy kinmel is running a Star Wars show right now (post premiere)...Billy dee Williams can’t walk and looks every bit of 80...

But even the title is cynical: “After Darth: a Star Wars Special”

Right...pay no attention to the stories behind the curtain

Darth Snips

It’s not known when their specific movie was scheduled for release, at least publicly. But the Los Angeles Times as recently as yesterday is using the 2022 release date for the next film.
The Hollywood Reporter has said the same thing. They’ve said that the new film is still locked into the December 2022 date, and it already has a director. They also said an announcement is likely to come in January.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Hollywood Reporter has said the same thing. They’ve said that the new film is still locked into the December 2022 date, and it already has a director. They also said an announcement is likely to come in January.
Who’s the director? What’s the concept?

Sorry...I will take the hard cynic angle here - even though I’d LOVE to have any good Star Wars...desperate for it.

I’ll believe all of this when it happens...considering the state of things.

It’s like a new country in Epcot...which insiders say is a “go” 😳

Disneyson

I think we’ll get more “Citizens of Battu”, at least on days that the Galactic Cruiser touches down on the planet. If you’re doing like, a “quest” on the Cruiser that finishes up on Battu, you’ve got to have somebody to talk to. While everyone’s off the ship, the actors might as well move off the ship as well. This will also make the normal park goers think that Disney has actually populated the land with aliens and droids and such.

Also, if it’s a three day cruise, and they do two of them each week, they’ll probably need two casts, and to fill out the workweeks for the actors they’ll probably schedule a few as atmosphere. “Where are you going today, Jan?” “Oh, today I’m a Twi’lek standing on a bridge. You?” “They put me in reserve. The Jedi Master on the ship might have to call out today, so I’m either doing that or doing the Kowakian puppet in a cage near Ronto Roasters.” They’ll just put people on locations depending on ship needs and land capacity.

Last edited:

rnese

The Star Wars GMR. Take 2500 riders/hour through Episodes 1-9, (plus Rogue One). I can see it now. You load in the vehicle and immediately ride into a dark room. The iconic theme music blasts and the "Star Wars" title suddenly appears on a large screen in front of you. The opening story board begins scrolling as your vehicle passes through the screen, into the first scene room. The entire ride is made up of iconic scenes from all 10 movies. A mixture of animatronics, screens and live actors.
To me, and people I've talked to, it's a no-brainer. Every Star Wars fan from across generations would be satisfied. It would give the park another high-capacity attraction.

rsm

The Star Wars GMR. Take 2500 riders/hour through Episodes 1-9, (plus Rogue One). I can see it now. You load in the vehicle and immediately ride into a dark room. The iconic theme music blasts and the "Star Wars" title suddenly appears on a large screen in front of you. The opening story board begins scrolling as your vehicle passes through the screen, into the first scene room. The entire ride is made up of iconic scenes from all 10 movies. A mixture of animatronics, screens and live actors.
To me, and people I've talked to, it's a no-brainer. Every Star Wars fan from across generations would be satisfied. It would give the park another high-capacity attraction.
It would. But after RoTR it may just feel like a wax museum.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Anyone think "The Mandalorian" with assist from "Jedi Temple Challenge" on Disney+ will be used as data to bolster an internal campaign to have Galaxy's Edge reworked so it can feature characters (and new attractions) from all SW properties?

If we're talking Phase 2 development; I wonder if the popularity of "The Mandalorian" (and merch sales in Baby Yoda) might change things moving forward. Meesa thinks it will.

Mike S

Anyone think "The Mandalorian" with assist from "Jedi Temple Challenge" on Disney+ will be used as data to bolster an internal campaign to have Galaxy's Edge reworked so it can feature characters (and new attractions) from all SW properties?

If we're talking Phase 2 development; I wonder if the popularity of "The Mandalorian" (and merch sales in Baby Yoda) might change things moving forward. Meesa thinks it will.
Even if they don’t end up changing RotR to the OT the success of The Mandalorian will almost certainly get them to bend the timeline rule unless they just stick him and Baby Yoda in Launch Bay which I think would be a big disservice. Mando should be walking around Batuu like Rey and Kylo do.

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
I wonder why Savi’s didn’t have an elevated viewing area behind it all that couldn’t be seen from those building a light saber. Could have been a B ticket attraction to watch the show without paying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom