What do you think December is going to be like this year?

LittleMerman

I was considering going in December for the holiday season but I'm wondering if this year will be crazy busy for the 50th. Anyone know the prediction? Thanks for any advice!

JIMINYCR

I'd guess its going to be buzy from people not only wanting to do the 50th but wanting to get back to enjoying a Disney Christmas season. Those who missed out on the last 2 years will be eager to book again and return. If youre contemplating a trip, book soon.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

With all of the EPCOT Candlelight Processional announcements this week, I think the crowds might be a little big bigger than last year. People really miss the ECP (including myself). The first couple of weeks of December should be not as bad as later in the month when all the schools are out for the holidays. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

yensid1967

With all of the EPCOT Candlelight Processional announcements this week, I think the crowds might be a little big bigger than last year. People really miss the ECP (including myself). The first couple of weeks of December should be not as bad as later in the month when all the schools are out for the holidays. Enjoy your trip!
I have never been to CLP...I want to go on next trip is 2026! (Yes, I said 2026! LOL)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We used to go the first couple of weeks in Dec. and the crowd levels were nice. But that isnt the case anymore. The weeks after Thanksgiving and before Christmas have gotten very popular. People are booking trying to avoid the crazier holiday crowds and they are making those once pleasurable times almost as crowded. It still is better going then, just dont expect it to be how it used to be.

Upvote 0

Schweino

We went last year 11/27 - 12/5 and it was very busy. Busier than our August '19 trip. Though a part of it I believe is due to spacing, not everything being opened up just yet in the parks etc, so it put everyone into a funnel into the major walkways. I would expect it to be worse this year.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I'm thinking about going in Jan or Feb now to give myself more time to plan and hopefully lower crowds. Thanks for the advice guys!

Also, check the runDisney event calendar now that they are doing in person again bc those also bring crowds/increase prices especially the Marathon in January. I think the Princess Half is in February.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

I'm going for 3 nights the second week in December and I'm really hoping the crowds are smaller. But with the borders opening back up, who knows.
It would be nice but don't count on it. I was at WDW for 6 days last September. I went again last week and it seemed like the MK had at least 2-3x more people this time than a year ago. It seemed like everyone has forgotten about this thing called COVID.

Upvote 0

Redhawk

Are the parks still at lowered entrance capacity? We expect our visit in early December will be a bit busier than in previous years, and we're also wondering how many international WDW fans will jump to visit in December because U.S. borders are re-opening.

Upvote 0

LeighM

It would be nice but don't count on it. I was at WDW for 6 days last September. I went again last week and it seemed like the MK had at least 2-3x more people this time than a year ago. It seemed like everyone has forgotten about this thing called COVID.
I don't think I would compare crowds to any time during 2020 bc it was such an unusual year with reduced capacity. After the 2019 trip, I told myself (and anyone who would listen) that I didn't want to do MK again during the day - it would be either evening/nighttime EMH hours or an After Hours event because the crowds and rude people really ruined the day for me. I don't like the prices for the Merriest After Hours event but I am glad that I at least get to experience MK at night (my favorite time in the park), with hopefully reduced crowds with it being on a Sunday and limiting locals/APs who go bc of work, and no headache of Genie+. I'm doing Epcot on a Monday, which I'm not very happy about but the later park opening works better after the late hours at MK. And honestly, I'm not too stressed about the crowds there bc the only must do ride is Ratatouille (fingers crossed they still have a virtual queue when I go) with our focus being on Festival of the Holidays, Candlelight Processional, and seeing Spaceship Earth at night. The park I'm most stressed about is Tuesday, our HS day, but even then the only rides we truly want to do is RotR, Smugglers Run, MMRR, and Toy Story Mania (when did they drop the Midway from the name?!). I'll curse Disney as I do it, but I'll probably buy the Lightning Lane for RotR and standby everything else. I will NOT be getting Genie+. It should be doable. We just really want to focus on the holiday offerings and new attractions - plus our fav dining locations lol. Everything else is just gravy :)

Upvote 0

LeighM

Are the parks still at lowered entrance capacity? We expect our visit in early December will be a bit busier than in previous years, and we're also wondering how many international WDW fans will jump to visit in December because U.S. borders are re-opening.
I know they have increased capacity but I don't know if Disney has released details

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom