What do you think about the 7DMT?

OG Runner

I have always enjoyed 7DMT. I enjoy the combination of a dark ride and a coaster. The first year it was open I was not able to
ride it due to the lack of a fast pass and the waits. I did get the LL on my last trip. It is enjoyable and I like "Heigh Ho". Given
the time of the actual ride it does surprise me they cannot move more people through it faster. Wait times were most often
around 85 minutes when I went three weeks ago.

Whippet Mom

Personally for me, it was one ride that I never understood the wait for. I guess for small kids it's more entertaining,but I remember waiting a ridiculous amount of time to ride it and the ride being so short and just not that great.

The mine section is cool, but I just think it feels so underwhelming. I do miss scary adventures more, but I guess it's better than having nothing.
It's a great coaster for old folks like me who are not up for something like Everest

happymom25

I guess I’m an outlier because I love it. I have happy memories of being on it with my kids, it’s a fun, smooth ride, and I love the details at the beginning and end. I wouldn’t wait more than 30 minutes for it but I can’t think of any ride I’d currently wait more than 30 minutes for.

Musical Mermaid

I liked the old Snow White dark ride better, more scenes to look at, more of the story, and a good option for when the rain comes in Florida. It’s not that I dislike roller coasters, but I don’t think this movie lends itself well to the roller coaster idea and it doesn’t make me think Snow White until reaching the mine and the very end of the ride. I miss all the Evil Queen scenes too from the former ride. Honestly, I’d rather ride BTMR and even whiplash Space Mountain when I’m at Magic Kingdom. They’re more fun.

JoeCamel

My 9 year old has always been terrified of rollercoasters but we have been getting him past that slowly but surely. In August, he finally went on BTMR and LOVED it (went on it 8 times during the rest of the trip!) so we finally got him to go on 7DMT and he was like... that's it? That's what I was so scared of? It's so boring! And he didn't want to go on it again.

I like that it's a smooth ride, my old bones appreciate that, but otherwise, meh.
He's ready for RnRC

wplong1

Premium Member
It's a beautiful, smooth, Disney family rollercoaster with touch of a dark ride. To me closer to old school WDW than most of the rest of the new rides. Theming and details are pretty spot on.

But, my son summed it up when he was 10 years old. If you could go around twice it would be better. WAY too short.

JusticeDisney

Personally, I don’t love it or hate it, but I certainly get the allure for families and younger guests. I would imagine that if I was still a kid, I would find it to be one of the can’t-miss rides. Overall, I think it was a tremendous addition to MK.

Goofyernmost

I think as a combo coaster/dark ride it was well done. Especially during the uphill ride along side the Dwarfs. Hi, Ho.. It's home from work we go. I have ridden it 3 times and enjoyed it. Short? Yes! Worth a 2 hour queue line wait.. Absolutely NOT! However, if you leave yourself flexible, you can ride easily. The first time was during the no longer existing nighttime parade. The second was during the 3 o'clock parade and the last time we had a early morning breakfast at Be Our Guest, walked out of there right on to the ride. Never have been able to reserved a FP. Not that that matters anymore.

Fox&Hound

Such a FANTASTIC ride. People hate on it because it does not last long but there are plenty of great experiences that don't last long. ;)

floydbeatle

FWIW it's highly themed, has great show scenes, but is kind of a letdown due to the length and lack of any thrills. But for young ones I think it is a great ride. I wouldn't wait more than 20-30 minutes myself, but if I had little ones it is probably a must do attraction.

DISR

The theme and execution is awesome from start to finish, it is friendly for the kiddies, but it is very short/tame. I can't help but wonder what the designers of Hagrids would have done with that theme. For me Hagrids is the gold standard of themed coasters in Orlando. 7DMT could have been so much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom