What do you miss at WDW?

ryguy

Original Poster
I have been thinking lately about stuff I miss at Walt Disney World. Thought it would be neat to hear what other people missed at WDW as well. Here's my list:

1. Paper straws- Disney was the only place I really remember having them as a kid. I loved how they would get all soggy by the end of your drink and then you could eat them.:p

2. Paper Bags at the Parks and Marketplace. They were ugly yellow and cream but I liked them better than plastic for some reason. I always remember our family car would be loaded with these bags of goodies from WDW.

3. The Fireworks Factory restaurant at Pleasure Island. I thought it had a cool theme and some great cornbread. Don't understand why they got rid of it. :cry:

4. The old paper tickets where they would stamp used days so you could actually know how many days you had left on your ticket. :hammer:

5. The Disney at Home store. Everytime I went in there it was packed, don't understand the logic of getting rid of that one either.

6. The 1980's room style at the Polynesian. It was purple and green and much better than the browns that replaced it.

7. The snack bar next to Mona Mickeys Fun Hut had the best burgers on property at the time, IMO. :slurp:

8. The Contemporary Resort before it went corporate. It had the best game room ever with a movie theatre and a shooting gallery.

9. Horizons, Mr. Toad, and shoot me for saying this Captain EO. :eek:

10. The individual soaps at the different resorts was so cool. I really wish they still did this, couldn't they just add an extra buck to the room rate to pay for the soap?? The little things mean a lot.

11. Lastly, I really enjoyed the 15 years of magic win a prize at the front gate promotion. I think every 1 in 15 would win a prize. As a kid I thought it was neat. I remember winning a pin.

Can't wait to hear what you all think.

Tigger1988

ryguy said:
11. Lastly, I really enjoyed the 15 years of magic win a prize at the front gate promotion. I think every 1 in 15 would win a prize. As a kid I thought it was neat. I remember winning a pin.

I'm hoping they do something simlar to this with the new celebration "Year of a Million Dreams" Its fun to win stuff :animwink:

son of walt

i miss having the option of getting a cheesesteak at cosmic rays without the onions. also the steak sandwiches from the liberty inn.

metscool

ryguy said:
9. Horizons, Mr. Toad, and shoot me for saying this Captain EO. :eek:
First:lol: . And Second I agree with Horizons. Captain EO had to go. Honey now has to go or update the ride. The 80's and early 90's hair has to go. and its :snore:

daverube

I miss:

1.) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

2.) The Monte Cristo sandwich at Columbia Harbor House

3.) The bread bowls for clam chowder at Columbia Harbor House

4.) Watching folks canoe around the River of the Americas

and last, but not least....

5.) The Skyway......

dave

HoW

I miss things like the Contemporary's gameroom, or the days when Fort Wilderness actually had underbrush dividing the campsites. But, what I really miss is the feeling I had as a child there. As much as I still feel the Magic, it's different as an adult you know how certain things are done. As a child, no matter how many times I went on a ride, it still seemed new and exciting. I can't wait until I have children of my own to take there, I'm certain that will bring back a certain part of the mistique for me.

Ivan72

- Dream Flight
- Horizons
- AE
- Original JIYI
- Queso Fundido at San Angel Inn (praying for its return)
- Fed Ex video in SM queue
- The Baroque Hoedown music from Main Street Electrical Parade (do love Spectro though)
- Cranium Command

LeeSeeBabe

Ivan72 said:
- Dream Flight
- Horizons
- AE
- Original JIYI
- Queso Fundido at San Angel Inn (praying for its return)
- Fed Ex video in SM queue
- The Baroque Hoedown music from Main Street Electrical Parade (do love Spectro though)
- Cranium Command

YES! DREAMFLIGHT and The SM videos. It still feels empty without it. :(

crxbrett

Dreamflight

The old "Now Is The Time" COP

Alien Encounter

ORAC 1 Wedway Peoplemover

The Walter Cronkite Spaceship Earth

Horizons

World Of Motion

Kitchen Kabaret

The Adventureland Veranda

The Skyway

dixiegirl

soin2disney said:
EVERYTHING...:cry:

Oh I hear ya!!!! I miss POR being DIXIE LANDINGS!!! To me it's to confusing,,I miss the dixie music they use to play at the resort as well, oh and I miss the chocolate covered crossant they use to have at the bakery at DIxie Landings..oh ya great way to start your morning....Anyone remember them?? I miss the skyway at the magic kingdom....that was a fun relaxing ride...I miss the remember the magic parade (magical Moments)...this is a great topic....you really could go on and on!!

Musiker110

I miss the strawberry fruit smoothies from Auntie Gravities in Tomorrowland...the ones there now don't even come close! I also miss World of Motion...boy was it awesome.

Rockin Roller

I miss the screams of people coming down splash mountain. Whenever I visit WDW and I enter and hear the screams of splash mountain its like music to my ears

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom