What do you miss about home?

Sweet Melissa

I honestly can't think of anything. We already live thousands of miles from all our friends and family. We don't have any pets. We don't drink coffee, so that awful Nescafe stuff doesn't matter. Our bed is comfortable, but I don't find the resort rooms so bad. Maybe I miss playing along with Jeopardy! every night, but I can get a Trebek fix in Future World. Yep, I've got nothing.

Spikerdink

Like so many others I miss my four dogs.... I always feel bad when the suitcase comes out of storage and they start to look at me with the sad eyes and 'you're going without me?' look. I used to bring them something back, but since Disney cut back on the pet souvenirs they get nothing!

CamiLyn227

Yep I miss my 2 dogs a ton when I'm away. I worry about them even though my parents take good care of them when I'm on vacation.

HouCuseChickie

For DH, the first thing he misses is usually our bed...for me, it's the dog.

As we get farther into the trip, we miss other things associated with being at home, but probably the biggest thing is the privacy that comes with being back in your own house.

DisneyDebNJ

I know I know, most people would say, "I'm on VACATION and I don't miss a thing about home! I'm enjoying my vacation!!" Seriously though, there must be something about home that you even when you're in the most magical place in the world. I know one thing that I miss is my Select Comfort bed. It's incredible and that first night when we get back home and crawl into our bed is just amazing.

How about you?!

I have to agree with you on this .... nothing like sleeping in your own bed. As other posters have stated, I too, miss my dogs terribly. (when at Disney, when I see Pluto [my rock star!] I think of my English Cream Dachshund) The day before we leave for vacation, I always put clean sheets on our beds, in anticipation of our first night home. Incredibly we all sleep like babies!!

PineapplePrincess

I miss my dog first and foremost!
Next, I miss my pool! We have a very vacation-like backyard, and since I'm a teacher, I enjoy it very much.
We go to WDW in July because of my daughter's pom schedule.
As much as I love being at WDW, I miss being able to walk out my back door to the pool & have it all to myself!

Skibum1970

Our bird. She's a small parrot and we drop her off at a local bird store prior to leaving. She clings to the side of the cage and watches us dejectedly as we leave. Made my wife cry every single time to the point that she now forces me to take the bird there on my own (great, now I'm the villain). Yeah, we're weirdos but that is how it goes.

radev104

Like so many others I miss my four dogs.... I always feel bad when the suitcase comes out of storage and they start to look at me with the sad eyes and 'you're going without me?' look. I used to bring them something back, but since Disney cut back on the pet souvenirs they get nothing!

Last July I thought I saw some pet stuff in DTD. Not exactly sure on what store but I'm pretty sure its somewhere there.

I don't miss anything. I know that we won't get to spend all this time together so I just take it all in. Its always my family and my fiance but that's going to change in Sept when I go for the DCP. Then I'm sure I will miss them all.

scheat

I thought the title of this thread meant it was going to be about what I miss at WDW when not there. You know, how they sometimes say, "welcome home," when you arrive at your hotel. I like to see WDW as my second home, so when I'm there, I am at home.

bigkbull

Original Poster
Wow a lot of great responses everyone! I figured most people would mention pets. We don't have any pets so that's not a factor for us. We are both very close to our families so we do miss our families a bit but it's more of a "I wish they were here to have fun with us" than a "I can't wait to go back and see them" kind of thing.

Someone mentioned being able to drink out of the tap. I miss being able to drink the water as well. Florida water wreaks havoc on my insides.

sweetpee_1993

Like others, I miss our furry girlie, Riley Belle. She's my little sidekick, stays near me around the clock. When the suitcases come out she gets nervous because she knows we're on the go. I, too, wish there was still a better selection of dog merchandise. We used to buy tons of stuff for her.

I'm in the miss my bed category, too. We have a king size temperpedic. We've had comfy beds at Disney but they can't touch our big, heavenly bed with Riley curled up at my side.

I also miss the space of home. I have teenagers. I don't like sharing space with them. I miss my big shower and vanity area. I miss being able to shut the door and ((poof)) kids disappear. Or when we're getting ready to go somewhere I can send them to the shower without having to vacate the space for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom