What do you look forward to when going..?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
OK just out of curiousity what do you look forward to when going to walt disney world?? no matter how crazy it may be weather its the simple thing of yes those wonderful napkins that we all can't wait to see (in person) or maybe its the sound of the music played at one of the resorts as you walk through the lobby....or maybe its the being on vaction in general and not having a schedule..... :sohappy:

donald23

I can't wait to walk into the lobby of Boardwalk and feel the cool blast of AC air. And just to stroll down the Boardwalk over to EPCOT.

Nansafan

Taking the monorail at Orlando Airport signals we've arrived, then seeing a palm tree cause as my brother says "you're not on vacation until you see a palm tree". Then driving under the welcome sign, through the Magic Kingdom toll plaza heading towards the Poly, stepping into the Poly lobby and taking a deep breath. It's been said by myself and many other on these boards that there is something very special about the smell in the Poly lobby. What I most look forward to is stepping through the turnstile at the MK. As you walk through, heading through the left tunnel you get hit with the smell of popcorn. Now I know I'm home.

Boo's Mom

I can't narrow it down to one thing. Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, the hotel lobby, the first site of a Disney bus. I also look forward to seeing the Welcome to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida signs then the best one of the all, "Welcome to Walt Disney World" :sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneySam

I can't wait to go through the Walt Disney World sign actually,for that matter on I-4 when I see the Magic Kingdom Exit sign...And riding the boat from the Wilderness Lodge to the MK...The best thing ever that I try to do every time I go is get up early for the opening of the MK its just so perfect!

CAPTAIN HOOK

The plane landing at MCO after a 10 hour flight - now I really know we're in Florida and the vacation is only a short (relatively) drive away :)

poohbear6103

First drive under the Disney arches. Second, making a right into the parking lot of the Poly and telling the guard "Hi we're checking in" and them saying "Aloha, welcome to the Poynesian". Then driving around on the resort monorail the first day and smelling the lobby of the Contemporary when the doors open. Ahhhhh! Now I am missing it big time :(

MR. DISNEY

First is the exit off of Rte.4, the Welcome sign, the entrance to the Wilderness Lodge, the boat ride to MK. But the VERY BEST is Casey's for the first Hot Dog and the Dixie Piano player. :slurp: :sohappy:

Melerella

This is going to sound completely crazy...but once we get to MK I look forward to the water rides...lolol...I LOVE the smell....it's insane..but I do..lol..= )

Pioneer Hall

For me it is just the total immersion of everything. From the moment I cross the archway that tells me I am on property, I know that I am ready for everything WDW has to offer. The fact that there is magic surrounding me at my resort, restaurants, and theme parks is what I look forward to the most.

Captain Chaos

I can't wait to see the gate entrance signs welcoming you to Walt Disney World. I can't wait to see Cinderella's Castle, the Spaceship Earth sphere, Tower of Terror, the Tree of Life. I can't wait to see the lobby of the resort I am staying in. I can't wait to see the bus pull up for the theme park I am going to that day. I look forward to the parades, fireworks, night time shows. I especially can't wait to see the characters.

Disneyfan1981

Checking into our room and knowing that we've finally arrived. We usually throw on Resort TV and just relax since we usually arrive pretty late all excited for the next day.

New2WDW

Just the feeling that I am finally there again with nothing else to worry about til next week! And then its when can I go back!!!

sabian

Yeah, I love driving under the Walt Disney World sign.........walking into the lobby of the hotel, the smell of the gift shops, the smell of the water in POTC, and IASW........The Peter Pan Queue music........ The smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth..........The Great Movie Ride...50's prime time cafe....The monorailll.....ummmm.....Just about everything..... :lol:

longfamily

We always go to MK first. The first thing I like to do is see the floral Mickey snd take yet another pic of the family in front of it. This has been a tradition since I was 7yrs old.

Glasgow

At MK, I love to hear the train whistle .. you can hear it all throughout the park :)

Other than that, it's the general immersion (as someone else mentioned). It's the best feeling!

saucymb

I always look forward to walking around the World Showcase. Visiting the shops, having a French Pastry or a glass of Rosa Regale from Italy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom