what do you drive?

Disneyhead'71

HillbillyAir.jpg

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
That one is off of Google, but I lived near a guy in WV who had a truck with a window ac duct taped in the passenger window and the geneerator in the bed. I was hopeing to find a picture of that one but this was as close as I could get.
Yea, we have quite a few work vans around south Georgia with a window unit installed, but hardly ever see one with a generator mounted to the trunk lid. That's pretty awesome

1) 2001 750il V12, daily driver, 111k miles, triple black (mods: 740i Sport springs on front, euro flashed, windows up/down, angel eyes, K&N filters)
2) 2001 DINAN 7 series (72k miles) color: Stratus Grey, int: Sand Beige (DINAN OE delivered with: engine/trans software, carbon fiber cold air kit, MAF, Throttle body, intake manifold. This year I added DINAN suspension to improve handling and lower the stance.(not pictured) Wish list: VF Imagineering Super Charger)

Ive been in the E38 chassis for 11 years and can't get away from it. I love it.

IMG_3474.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

P_Radden

1) 2001 750il V12, daily driver, 111k miles, triple black (mods: 740i Sport springs on front, euro flashed, windows up/down, angel eyes, K&N filters)
2) 2001 DINAN 7 series (72k miles) color: Stratus Grey, int: Sand Beige (DINAN OE delivered with: engine/trans software, carbon fiber cold air kit, MAF, Throttle body, intake manifold. This year I added DINAN suspension to improve handling and lower the stance.(not pictured) Wish list: VF Imagineering Super Charger)

Ive been in the E38 chassis for 11 years and can't get away from it. I love it.

View attachment 121495 View attachment 121496
Beautiful 7s!
The E38 will always be one of my all time favorite BMW body styles. It's simply beautiful and has a presence on the road that not many other cars (new Bimmers included) have.

Here is my girl: 07 E60 550i 118K miles, Black Sapphire Metallic with Auburn Red leather. Mods include LCI tail lights, homelink mirror w/ compass retrofit, M5 side skirts, K&N air filter, wheel spacers, M5 lip spoiler, custom suede shifter trim, lots of custom coding...

20151129_142137.jpg

20150808_150829.jpg

Although it's almost cost me an arm and a leg in maintenance, it makes me smile every time I get an open stretch of road and can open up the V8. The sport suspension is awesome too! There's just something about 4-dr RWD V8 German saloon that scratches me right where I itch haha

Last edited:
Beautiful 7s!
The E38 will always be one of my all time favorite BMW body styles. It's simply beautiful and has a presence on the road that not many other cars (new Bimmers included) have.

Here is my girl: 07 E60 550i 118K miles, Black Sapphire Metallic with Auburn Red leather. Mods include LCI tail lights, homelink mirror w/ compass retrofit, M5 side skirts, K&N air filter, wheel spacers, M5 lip spoiler, custom suede shifter trim, lots of custom coding...

Although it's almost costed me an arm and a leg in maintenance, it makes me smile every time I get an open stretch of road and can open up the V8. The sport suspension is awesome too! There's just something about 4-dr RWD V8 German saloon that scratches me right where I itch haha

Beautiful example you have there with lots of cool upgrades/mods. I love that interior, a friend had one with the same interior - Im sure its a blast to drive. My folks had a 535 in that style, same year but pretty basic and with the I-6. 30mpg all day long. Now they have a 2009 750Li (400HP) that is a monster. That has already had $10k in warranty work done on it. (valve seals were leaking and turbos too)

I know what you mean about maintenance, luckily I grew up around cars and the E38 is still simple enough to work on with a little research and patience. Ive got a great indy that does larger jobs on the side for me usually. (ie: Torque Converter on my 750 (V12 punishes a coverter) If it weren't for my knowledge of the car it'd be tough to hang on to one, much less two.

P_Radden

You said it.. A great indy is key to owning one of these cars outside of a lease or factory warranty. Luckily mine does not get driven much except for weekend country drives or shopping (nice weather only, no snow) and just sits in my garage the rest of the time.. I hope to hang on to it for a long time. I know I would not be able to find another one in as good as shape as mine with all the maintenance already done.

BTW I love the M-Sport wheels on the E38, so clean. Do you ever check out reddit.com/r/bmw?

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I would love to own a BMW. they have been a dream of mine for a long time, much like Porsches. We were running down a country highway a couple weeks ago and got to playing tag with a newer M4 in the wife's mini....it was nice to just hear that things exhaust note as it passed!

BTW I love the M-Sport wheels on the E38, so clean. Do you ever check out reddit.com/r/bmw?

I have not, but Ill give it a look. Ive been on www.bimmerboard.com - which is really only active in the E38 forum, great group
of people, we meet up a couple times a year and hang out for days, they are like family. (almost 11 years on that forum) Now it
seems a lot of traffic has gone to facebonk.

71dsp

I daily a 2011 Mazda3. I'd like a nicer car to drive to/from work, but we put 25k miles on it a year, so I cannot stomach buying a more expensive car to put that many miles on.

My wife has a shorter commute, and we don't drive her car on the weekends, so she gets a more fun 2008 Boxster.

We have a 2013 Denali diesel dually to haul the "track/race" car. I use that term loosely, as I haven't been on track in a wheel-to-wheel race in many, many years. The track car is *nearly* done though (however I've been saying that for the past 2+ years). It is a heavily modified 1998 Prelude. I've been toying with the idea of selling the Prelude, the trailer, and the truck to buy a really nice fun weekend car like a C7Z06 or something.

Glasgow

Wife and I both drive hatchbacks for daily drivers and have a Porsche Cayman for the weekend - we love small cars but the hatchback provides all the utility we need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom