what do you drive?

StarWarsGirl

I had to give up my beloved Jackrabbit (a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora) a few weeks ago. It had an oil leak, a leaky sunroof, a tire with a corroding rim, a bad sensor that told you "Low Engine coolant" when in reality it was fine, a mildewy smell in the interior, dents thanks to it being in high school and college parking lots, a passenger side window that no longer rolled down, and broken heated seats. But boy, I loved that car and hated giving it up. It had a V8 engine and was a heck of a lot of fun to drive.

This was my beloved Jackrabbit (actually, just a picture of an Aurora that I found online that looks exactly like mine)

2001_oldsmobile_aurora_4___0l_burgundy__tan___remote_starter__10_lgw.jpg

This is my current car, a 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada (well, not mine, but one that looks exactly like mine)
29685_P0816_7695.JPG

My parents ended up trading in the Aurora for a 2015 Buick Lacrosse, only a few weeks old
Buick-Lacrosse.jpg

It is beautiful, I must say. And the technology inside is great. When we went to get it, they signed the paperwork, and I sat in the front of the car and figured out the technology. Did half the salesman's job for him. They came in and found me listening to music through the Bluetooth from my phone, and all of their favorite radio stations set. And I figured out the GPS while I was at it. :joyfull:

And then this is their other car, a 2012 Buick Enclave
2012_buick_enclave-pic-3824109274087211521.jpeg

Extremely comfortable for travelling.

And yes, we like GM cars.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
@StageFrenzy I actually got an email about it the other day, but haven't had time to look at it. I'm in the middle of planning to move, and am looking for employment in the tallahassee area! I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Cool story... For some reason, Nissan just isn't something I enjoy. The old school datsun, Now that makes my eyes perk up. But, the whole skyline livery doesn't make me excited. if I was importing, it would be a rover defender 90. No. Its not a skyline, it's not a car people will even notice as different, or rare. Its would be cheaper than finding one here in the states.
Now, a supra, or a nsx....yes please

StageFrenzy

I've been watching an episode or two of comdians in cars, getting coffee
( http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/ )
nightly, the cars are phenomenal. Even cars I would never drive are just fascinating to see. Them for Jerry Seinfeld to add his commentary of the vehicles. It's pretty awesome.
Evidently it hasn't hit yet but Colbert has a white/grey incognito beard in the morgan with Jerry.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Evidently it hasn't hit yet but Colbert has a white/grey incognito beard in the morgan with Jerry.
Haven't seen it. I. Still in on season 3. It's like my evening night cap right now. I didn't know about it until coming up on an article about jerrys Porsche collection. I recently purchased two derelict 944s, upon doing research I learned of his love of the brand. The man has good choice in cars. The Chris Rock episode with the Lamborghini Miura...utterly stunning car.
The krammer episode with the vw bus/truck... Amazing driver.
Sarah Jessica Parker and the country squire...amazing americana...and she owns it!

My favorite car so far though is the rover defender that jerry drives with Jimmy Fallon. Those trucks have taken over my internet searches as of late. I've owned a wrangler and a tj. Had a scout, and presently have a 60s bronco in the back yard...but the alure of a d90 is something I'm drawn to. But, I won't buy one that's presently on us soil. They are crazy expensive because of the market. I have looked at quite a few in the u.k. I would love to import. My uncle is also in search of one there...though he has the means to actually float one here!

StageFrenzy

Haven't seen it. I. Still in on season 3. It's like my evening night cap right now. I didn't know about it until coming up on an article about jerrys Porsche collection. I recently purchased two derelict 944s, upon doing research I learned of his love of the brand. The man has good choice in cars. The Chris Rock episode with the Lamborghini Miura...utterly stunning car.
The krammer episode with the vw bus/truck... Amazing driver.
Sarah Jessica Parker and the country squire...amazing americana...and she owns it!

My favorite car so far though is the rover defender that jerry drives with Jimmy Fallon. Those trucks have taken over my internet searches as of late. I've owned a wrangler and a tj. Had a scout, and presently have a 60s bronco in the back yard...but the alure of a d90 is something I'm drawn to. But, I won't buy one that's presently on us soil. They are crazy expensive because of the market. I have looked at quite a few in the u.k. I would love to import. My uncle is also in search of one there...though he has the means to actually float one here!
It appears it's not that hard to float one, the problem seems to be finding one to float.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I had to give up my beloved Jackrabbit (a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora) a few weeks ago. It had an oil leak, a leaky sunroof, a tire with a corroding rim, a bad sensor that told you "Low Engine coolant" when in reality it was fine, a mildewy smell in the interior, dents thanks to it being in high school and college parking lots, a passenger side window that no longer rolled down, and broken heated seats. But boy, I loved that car and hated giving it up. It had a V8 engine and was a heck of a lot of fun to drive.

This was my beloved Jackrabbit (actually, just a picture of an Aurora that I found online that looks exactly like mine)

2001_oldsmobile_aurora_4___0l_burgundy__tan___remote_starter__10_lgw.jpg

This is my current car, a 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada (well, not mine, but one that looks exactly like mine)
29685_P0816_7695.JPG

My parents ended up trading in the Aurora for a 2015 Buick Lacrosse, only a few weeks old
Buick-Lacrosse.jpg

It is beautiful, I must say. And the technology inside is great. When we went to get it, they signed the paperwork, and I sat in the front of the car and figured out the technology. Did half the salesman's job for him. They came in and found me listening to music through the Bluetooth from my phone, and all of their favorite radio stations set. And I figured out the GPS while I was at it. :joyfull:

And then this is their other car, a 2012 Buick Enclave
2012_buick_enclave-pic-3824109274087211521.jpeg

Extremely comfortable for travelling.

And yes, we like GM cars.
I've never owned a Buick. There is a grand national for sale at a skeevy car lot here I've wanted to buy just to redo it and sell it for profit...but they want 25k for it. No wiggle room at that point, and it's in sad shape...
had two olds.
An delta88 that was way too much car for a 15 year old on farm roads...it found its way to a ditch on its side. It was destined to die a cruel death, what my father was thinking that it would be a good car to learn to drive for a kid.

I also had a 1986 442. I bought it about 10 years ago. I sold it 10 and a half years ago. My uncle told me all about his best friend who had a 60-70 gen 442 and he romanticized that car to me. Little did I know, they didn't carry that sexy appeal into the 80s. I'm fairly certain one cylinder had failed. The passenger window never went up all the way. I remember it raining and frying the stereo. There was a good size dent in the left rear wheel. At 45 miles an hour it was like being on a trampoline barreling down the road,
I had every intention to fix that car and give it to my uncle, when he finally saw it, he laughed, hugged me, and told me to get it out of his driveway. I'm pretty sure the kid who bought it from me hasn't moved in 9 years.

Last edited:

MajesticHandz

This is my ride for the week. Thanks to National Rent a Car for having it, and my employer for renting so many cars from National Rent a Car that every employee gets automatic executive status.

ftuWisd.jpg

PvzP6zb.jpg

bxcgK4h.jpg

M1T5RyY.jpg

KnCmFFy.jpg
If I would want to rent something exactly like this on my next trip, where can I get it aside National Rent?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I have an app that houses National, Alamo. So I guess I can just book via my phone before starting my trip. Thanks for the tip.

Keep in mind though, this car is a two seater with VERY limited luggage space. My main suitcase fit just fine, but another wouldn't fit so easily.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Keep in mind though, this car is a two seater with VERY limited luggage space. My main suitcase fit just fine, but another wouldn't fit so easily.
There is a NISMO version at the hospital my mom works at....I would light the tires on that thing quick!
The Dash on your rental is pretty intense... is it a naturally aspirated engine, or turbo?

as to the trunk, it has 6.9 square feet of useable space...
by comparison, my Miata has 5.9 square feet, I cant haul golf clubs, but the wife and I packed for a 5 day trip to WDW last fall easy. On the way back up I-75 I cut a tire because I hadn't rolled my fenders to compensate for the lowered suspension and wheels. getting everything out of the trunk to change to the spare and then situate it all back so the flat tire and rim could fit was an education in packing light.

Pretty car! enjoy it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom