What do you do with all your pictures

letsgotodisney!

Original Poster
We just got back from going to Disney. I found that I took 500 pictures and about 3 hours of video footage. What do you do with so many pictures? I am wondering why I took so many. I saw this movie that one family had made and I am thinking about having this company make me a movie like this. I think it would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTunwPXx9sU

I am curious as what everybody else does with all their pictures and video.

tigsmom

First I download them to my computer and then ditch the ones that are no good. Then I print out the ones I want, move them to an external drive (just to be sure they are safe) and then I upload any I want to share to photobucket. Then I wipe the memory card clean.

We've never take videos because the person shooting misses too much.

coltow

I just use photo albums and I'm crazy enough to keep my pictures in order so that when ever I look at them I can re-live my trip.

tigsmom

I just use photo albums and I'm crazy enough to keep my pictures in order so that when ever I look at them I can re-live my trip.

I keep them in trip order too. Pictures are labeled with what is in them, when and where it was taken.

letsgotodisney!

Original Poster
I am just honestly curious. I want to preserve our trip in the best way. A friend sent me that movie and I thought it looked great. But I just wanted to know what other people do.

Mystic

Before we leave we check to see roughly how many pictures we took and buy albums while we're still at WDW. That way our trip photos are stored in Disney photo albums. It helps relive the magic. I feel your pain letsgotodisney! My trip was in Nov/Dec of 06 and I only just got around to putting my 400+ pictures into their albums. Now I have to label them.:D

enough

I am just honestly curious. I want to preserve our trip in the best way. A friend sent me that movie and I thought it looked great. But I just wanted to know what other people do.

gotcha - i guess i was just suspicious considering that this was your first post...

lilclerk

Since I got my first digital camera a few years ago, I keep all my photos in folders on my computer and they're sorted by year>month, then they're sorted by the date/time the photo was taken.
I have my Disney photos in year>month>WDW.
I printed out and framed my favorites, got a few wallet-sized photos printed, and the rest I look at on my computer screen.

tigsmom

Since I got my first digital camera a few years ago, I keep all my photos in folders on my computer and they're sorted by year>month, then they're sorted by the date/time the photo was taken.
I have my Disney photos in year>month>WDW.
I printed out and framed my favorites, got a few wallet-sized photos printed, and the rest I look at on my computer screen.

Back them up on an external drive or site because when your hard drive dies (and it will) you will lose everything. It happened to a few people I know.

lilclerk

Back them up on an external drive or site because when your hard drive dies (and it will) you will lose everything. It happened to a few people I know.

I have! haha, I backup everything on my external hd, plus I have almost all my photos online in full quality.

tigsmom

Just wanted to add that I use my WDW photos (and those of friends) for my wallpaper and my screen saver. I've even embedded the music to Wishes so it plays as the photos scroll by. :cool:

Bug715

The doctor at the clinic here at school went over christmas break and she and an actual bound book made with all her pictures and captions. I think they do them on snapfish. It was great.

StarWolf

I found that I took 500 pictures and about 3 hours of video footage.

Only 500? :animwink: We took over 1000 plus the 150 that Disney took on photopass plus the several gigs of movies. I made CDs and sent to all the parents and grandparents.

Also, we have a wall in our family room that we cover with pictures from our trips. And did the Disney photo albums for the very best ones.

I think I have a disease. :)

BrerMichael

I keep every photo burned onto CDs broken down by date and park.

If there's anything I really absolutely love, I'll have it turned into hard photo, usually as a gift for the friend in the photo.

Michael

WDWFREAK53

Since getting my Mac, I turn all my photos into a slide-show DVD with videos and music.

iDVD is SO EASY! :lol:

I still store all of them on regular CD's, and in folders on my computer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom