What do you do to pass ride wait times?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Talk in a loud voice so everyone around knows how important and what an encyclopaedic knowledge of Disney and things in general they are in the prescence of.

Oh wait a minute what do I do, sorry I thought you were talking about the people I tend to find myself near in Qs

Nansafan

We play a 20 questions type game called, "I've got a place" which is a place in WDW. Depending on who is playing it can be very cutthroat eg. "belgian blocks" in Test Track.

TTFN-Tiggger

I don't wait longer than 30 minutes. Grab a fastpass, go on to another ride and return. Or grab a dole whip and people watch while you wait - that can be fun too!:lol:

maelstrom

I usually play with my cell phone and text message my friends back home (or sometimes call). Test Track is the worst queue in my opinion, even on the fastpass line. I also talk to my parents and sometimes other people waiting if they're friendly. I also peoplewatch and subsequently end up making fun of said people.

kcnole

When I was a kid, some of my best memories with my family were just waiting in line talking about what all we'd seen and what all we planned to see. I was always so excited and everything we'd seen and were going to see was so amazing. I was in sensory overload all the time when I was a kid. Sometimes I wish I could get that feeling back now as an adult, but no matter how hard I try my stupid adult cynicism comes through.

Back to what I do now, I talk with my wife and she normally complains about how she hates waiting in line and can't we go shop somewhere after this. lol

Or I watch all the people around us

Or talk with the people around us.

Chape19714

Or how about this...Every time an announcement comes on the speakers, start shouting "THOSE VOICES AGAIN!! WHY ARE THERE VOICES!!" Then just enjoy everyone's reaction until the next one. This works espically well on Jungle Cruise, Stitch, and Star Tours, but of coarse, as long as the CM makes an announcement, it will work!

LilRoo714

My friends and I always took the time waiting for a ride to discuss plans for the rest of the day whether it was which ride to go on next or which park to hop to. We also use the few minutes to call the Dining line and make dinner reservations!:)

I think it's really easy to get spoiled about waiting in lines when you've worked at the World or even if you just visit in the off-season. :rolleyes: Once you move away like me, it's hard to get out of the mentality that there's no reason to wait in line because the ride's going be there the next time you visit, since those visits are getting farther in between!

brertigger

maelstrom said:
I usually play with my cell phone and text message my friends back home (or sometimes call). Test Track is the worst queue in my opinion, even on the fastpass line. I also talk to my parents and sometimes other people waiting if they're friendly. I also peoplewatch and subsequently end up making fun of said people.

I usually talk to whoever is in my group, and sometimes the people around me in the queue. After that, I too will start text messaging and calling friends (usually at home, but once in the attraction right next to the one I was at), or peoplewatching.

I think the Test Track is one of the better queues. There are so many props and displays to look at. It could be worse (like Turtle Talk).

Firewolfe51

Scope out all the "strange" people and wonder "what were they or are they thinking"! And wonder to myself "do they think we are strange?" Of course while fanning with a park map c/o how hot it is!!

whizGoofy

Scar Junior said:
Passing time:

1. make fun of people
2. talk to the family
3. mingle with other guests
4. eaves drop (sp?)
5. make up characters and act like we are other people/try get others to eaves drop
6. enjoy the queue's theme

I thought my friends & I were the only ones that did #1,4, & 5. Wow, maybe I should watch out for others like us!

We also like to pretend we're other people...sometimes we're super rich...sometimes we're super poor...sometimes we're super British...although we don't do that a lot anymore because as much as we'd like to believe otherwise, our accents suck, and when you find yourself standing next to an actual British family, it can be a tad bit embaressing...

brertigger

amykissangel said:
We also like to pretend we're other people...sometimes we're super rich...sometimes we're super poor...sometimes we're super British...although we don't do that a lot anymore because as much as we'd like to believe otherwise, our accents suck, and when you find yourself standing next to an actual British family, it can be a tad bit embaressing...

:lol: Very creative.

slappy magoo

scotth1224 said:
Do what we do and go in September.....and then you dont have to wait in line! (Well most of the time)!!!!!!

One of the disadvantages of loving a school teacher with a strong work ethic is you can't just up and go to WDW during the off-peak seasons.

I usually just say stupid things to keep myself amused, as well as my fiancee and anyone else around who might like to be distracted. I once tried being a stand-up comic. I wasn't a "getting paid" kind of funny guy, but with very little effort I can be a "eh, he's better than standing around being bored doing nothing" kind of funny guy.

For some reason, I took to seeing every animal I saw "Ned" whether it was tigers or giraffes at the Animal Kingdom, or pigeons at the MK. "Know what his name is? Ned." Real matter-of-fact. I don't know why it's funny. But it is. I highly recommend it.

erasure fan1

I use my phone to take pictures and video of the ride and stuff and send it to my sister and people I know who are jealous we are in Disney.
We also like to plan whats going on for the rest of the day and the next.

nsu_demon_05

man me and my group im always with...we think of some crazy stuff. One of our favorites is where we try to get in a circle and you put your hand underneath the persons to the left of you..and on top of the person on the right...and u start this lil song down by the river with the hanky panky where the big bull frog jump from bank to bank he said a e i o u bamboo..johnny broke a bottle and it landed on you..maw to paw...paw to maw...johnny got a whoopen so ha ha HA ...and at the last ha...if ur sayin it...you have to try to hit the persons on the left hand..but if they move it and you hit yours...your out! -- next-- we start a round about singing of the "Fresh prince" theme song...and we can usually get strangers in the line to join, especially the brazilians lol....next -- when we've been standing in one spot for a while and we start moving again...we'll bust out in a chorus of "I like to move it move it"...then our teacher is like..thats not disney ..there is no anti-disneynemity here lol....---if we have enough rooom, we like to break out in the cha cha slide...the que for soarin is really good cuz its line is wide... -- we also like to sing down by the bay..down by the bayyyy..where the watermelons groww....back to my hommeee..i dare not goooo...for if i dooo...my mother will sayyyy _________ ...and then there u gotta rhyme...like have u ever seen a mouse swalllow a house? ....or have you ever seen have you ever seen a donkey...eat really funky? DOWN BY THE BAY..then it starts over --- yea you can see me and my friends can think of sum junk..we try not to get to loud to upset others in line...your welcome...OH and we also check for cutters.....and of course who doesn't "talk" bout the others in line lol.....one thing bout the 'world'....if u thought u was ugly..u aint seen ugly till u've been!:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom