What do you do to pass ride wait times?

brertigger

nsu_demon_05 said:
---if we have enough rooom, we like to break out in the cha cha slide...the que for soarin is really good cuz its line is wide... --

cha cha slide!!! :lol:

That would be interesting to see in the middle of the Soarin' queue. That would be entertaining though.

crxbrett

Okay, this is something me and my brother started doing when we used to go every summer together. While in line (or anywhere for that matter) we would pick out people that looked like celebrities or famous people. It's pretty fun to do and always gets me laughing. It is even more funny when you see that person that looked like a celebrity (or whoever you happen to spot) later on in your trip numerous times! And then every time you see them, you say, "Look! There's ___ ____!"

Some of the many 'celebrities' I have seen at WDW are:

Sean Connery
Victor French
Alec Guinness
Japanese Elvis
Bill Clinton
Laurence Fishburne

lcsrig

My hubby and I people watch. Now that I know other people do it I don't feel so bad! :lol:
My son and I like to play his version of Hangman. There is no "hangman" b/c he's 7. He makes a puzzle then dad and I have to figure out the letters and our kid fills them in. We discuss the previous day's experiences and what is on tap for the next day.

katiesmom

We look for Hidden Mickey’s! Several years ago we began by just pointing out the Hidden Mickey’s, but it has since developed into a competition between my kids as to who can find the most. My daughters keep a running total throughout our trip, and because they are so competitive, it becomes a pretty serious game. It keeps the two of them very busy while we are in line.

RealHawker

I go the last 2 weeks of august and don't put up with any lines... just the heat. Me against nature seems more manageable to me, and experience proves it. Versus having to deal with in my mind whether the queue should be moving faster, is someone cutting the line, etc....

sillyspook13

Typically I avoid the lines, unless I have plenty of time to kill. Then I do one or more of the following:

*listen to 80s music on my mp3 player

*crochet/knit

*play "jawbreaker" or use the internet on my phone

*make friends with a cute baby if there's one around

*people watch

*draw

PintoColvig

katiesmom said:
We look for Hidden Mickey’s! Several years ago we began by just pointing out the Hidden Mickey’s, but it has since developed into a competition between my kids as to who can find the most. My daughters keep a running total throughout our trip, and because they are so competitive, it becomes a pretty serious game. It keeps the two of them very busy while we are in line.
On the rare occassion that I will stand in a long line, we will point out Hidden Mickeys, too, but not real ones. One of us will point and say, "There's the Hidden Mickey right there!" and the other one will squint and finally say, "Now I see it!" Then as we move forward, we look back and see half the line squinting and trying to find the non-existent mickey.

hammysammy59

Wait, there are people that don't use Fastpass?

If I do somehow end up in a non-Fastpass line, I just talk with whoever I'm with and/or enjoy the scenery. You guys are nuts. :)

Anthony95

1. wish i had a boyfriend to make out with in the line like other people
    ***and when i got one he either didn't want to go on any rides or he was boring :rolleyes: ***

2. yelling at kids in my groups to stop swinging on the banisters or stop bumping into other people
  3. i stand in the front of my group because i hate people behind me to bump into me and then i can control not bumping into the people in front of me (and let my relatives yell at the people behind them for standing too close)
  4. stand there and do nothing but be mad that i'm in a line
  5. my cousins and i use to play children hand games like old mary mack :D that was fun
  6. my cousin, my mom and i make sure we have our shades on and people watch and talk about folks
  7. wish they had a soda or snack vendor that circulate the queue much like those at baseball stadium hollering 'PEANUTS' 'ICE CREAM' lol
  8. get out of line from the group to get us a snack then get on people's nerves gettig back in line and trying to catch up with the group cause the line was going faster than we thought
  9. when my son was a baby, i enjoyed playing with him
  10. get mad at other people cause they have the worse crying kids throwing unnecessary temper tantrums
  11. wondering what the hell these teen age girls are wearing now a days
  12. looking at the FOINE men in line and calling my girlfriends on the phone to tell them about it
  13. realizing that me and quite a few other folks must be following each other around the park cause i see them every time i get in line to a ride... of ALL the people in the park i manage to see the same folks two or three time in the day
  14. strangely enough because i'm a talkative person: i don't like for people around me to talk to me. lol...i'd much rather be in line a lone with no conversation. now if the man is single and good looking - YEAH - let's do this! lol

thankfully my patience got short for long rides and my son absolutely hates it, so, i dont' have to fight with him about a long line. if he don't want to get on it, all the better for me. fast pass it or go on it at night. i will miss a parade to ride on a ride with shorter lines.

pinkrose

crxbrett said:
Okay, this is something me and my brother started doing when we used to go every summer together. While in line (or anywhere for that matter) we would pick out people that looked like celebrities or famous people. It's pretty fun to do and always gets me laughing. It is even more funny when you see that person that looked like a celebrity (or whoever you happen to spot) later on in your trip numerous times! And then every time you see them, you say, "Look! There's ___ ____!"

Some of the many 'celebrities' I have seen at WDW are:

Sean Connery
Victor French
Alec Guinness
Japanese Elvis
Bill Clinton
Laurence Fishburne
My brother and I iused to play this same game when we were small. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom