what do you do on SNOW DAYS!?

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
Today it's snowing, and school has been canceled! So we're home today! I'm going to finish putting up Christmas decorations that are long over-due, and wrap tons of gifts that have just been piling up. Later, we're all going to go to the theater to see Narnia!! It's gonna be a great day! Hot chocolate is the first thing on my list! [_]o~~~ Enjoy your day everyone!! :xmas:

e4ymod

We don't get snow days in Florida :cry:

Yesterday, it was over 90 degrees outside. IT'S THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER!:mad:

DiPSU224

We're expecting around 4-6 inches here in Philly!
When I was younger snow days were all about playing outside and then coming inside for hot chocolate with fluff. Today I think I'm going to pull out the Christmas tree decorations and get ready for putting up the tree tomorrow. I'll probably start making some Christmas cookies too :)

I was supposed to move some things to my new house, but I suppose that will have to wait until tomorrow....

TiggerBW

Gotta love snow days! We expected more than we got, but oh well. We are off from school! I'm a teacher, and I love that as much as the kids!

What do I do when I'm off? Go on WDWMAGIC of course! Finish Christmas Cards, Decorate the tree, finish lesson plans, & choose wedding pictures for my album that I haven't created yet! ha ha! So glad to be off today!!!!!! :sohappy:

tigsmom

I :cry:.

Because the kids are home & I'll have to clean up the mess. :lol:

So far we have had chocolate chip pancakes & cinnamon rolls are in the oven! :slurp:

dandaman

tigsmom said:

So far we have had chocolate chip pancakes & cinnamon rolls are in the oven! :slurp:

Gimme gimme gimme! :D

Oh, yeah. Please. ;)

I have a snow day today (first one of the season!), and I just got back inside from shovelling 6" of snow!

nikimsu2002

My university doesn't believe in snow days. All the surrounding schools could be closed and the roads unplowed and we'd still have class. They haven't cancelled school at MSU since the 70s. Its not fair!

My mom doesn't have school today and I just talked to her and she's planning on doing online shopping all day. When I was in high school and still got snow days I'd stay in my PJs most of the day and then go out and play in the snow later. We got 6.8 inches of snow in Lansing last night, but the lot behind my dorm was plowed before 6AM (I heard the plows going through outside my window).

Nemo14

tigsmom said:

Mad,
I made cinnamon rolls today too. It's kind of a snowy day tradition here, even though DH and DS didn't get a snow day.

miles1

I am at $%^** work anyway. Yesterday, when this was forecast, I asked all of our inspectors if they wanted to reschedule their appointments for today, and they all said "NO, I'll drive in it". Then they all called me at home at 8AM wanting the day rescheduled, so I had to come into the office. Have you ever wanted to choke your co-workers?

As of 11:30 AM, we have about 10 inches of snow in the parking lot. The entrance is plowed in, and I don't know if I can get out through it with my wife's car.

Sorry to be a grump.

Slipknot

e4ymod said:
We don't get snow days in Florida :cry:

Yesterday, it was over 90 degrees outside. IT'S THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER!:mad:

Then again, you are in Miami. Think of how hot it is in the Keys!!! :cool:

darthdarrel

miles1 said:
I am at $%^** work anyway. Yesterday, when this was forecast, I asked all of our inspectors if they wanted to reschedule their appointments for today, and they all said "NO, I'll drive in it". Then they all called me at home at 8AM wanting the day rescheduled, so I had to come into the office. Have you ever wanted to choke your co-workers?

As of 11:30 AM, we have about 10 inches of snow in the parking lot. The entrance is plowed in, and I don't know if I can get out through it with my wife's car.

Sorry to be a grump.

Wouldn't it be nice if When schools had snow days so would your company?
There have been days when I had to go only 10 miles an hour cause the roads were so bad, but I had to be at work:rolleyes: One time our pipes froze over in the shop, but that did not matter, still had to stay and do our work.:mad:

squib

Snow day? What's that? Back in high school I vaugley remember such a concept...My college doesn't believe in snow days, despite the fact that every other school in PA was closed, we must be tortured. On a happier/sadder note, my dad drove me to my class :) and when I got home I promptly fell out of the car and onto my face. Yay!

macsmom

I guess most universities don't close down. None of them here in Missouri do. I live in a college town and I don't ever recall them closing. We had an ice storm about 5 years ago on New Year's Day - we got about 3 inches of ice. One of my bosses called home office to see if we could shut down since more than 100 people called in. They said no, keep the store open. Luckly, no one got into an accident. Man, it was bad.

figmentmom

My husband and I are both teachers, and we BOTH had snow days on Friday! Most unexpected - his school district tends to take the "damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead" attitude - so we thoroughly enjoyed a day of Christmas decorating and doing things around the house that needed to be done before the holidays. The heavy snow stopped by mid-afternoon, too, so once we had shoveled and snow-blowed our way out of the driveway, we were able to get a head start on some weekend errands. It was just nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom