What do you do after coming back from parks?

GVentola

As a local passholder, I usually just drive home and check on my e-mail. If I've stayed especially late, sometimes I'll feel like getting a snack somewhere.

Purr_Meow

It really depends on how long I’ve been at the parks for the day and which park I go to. Where there are a lot of rides to sit down on like at Magic Kingdom, my feet don’t hurt as bad and sometimes I’ll find something to do after if its not too late. If I’m at EPCOT where there is just so much walking and so much to do, or Animal Kingdom where their sidewalks are uneven for some reason and my feet start to ache bad, it’ll be epsom salt as soon as I get home.

Disney Stine

Depends on the park closing time for my fiance and I. If it's late (around 11 or midnight) we'll go back to the hotel and relax before sleeping. If it's early, we'll head to Disney Springs for a drink (we frequent Raglan Road...it's our tradition to start our trips here) or to AMC to see a movie.

joejccva71

Original Poster
It depends. 95% of my days I get up fairly early to make rope drop. Then I usually head back to the hotel around Noonish or 1 when the parks start to get busy. Then it's usually a half hour nap in the room to cool down (I go in summer) and then I head off to the pool to relax and tan and swim for an hour or 2. I then usually have a dinner reservation or if not, just start making my way to a park to be there by 6pmish.

I sometimes make late night dinner reservations if a park closes early. If not, I will usually go to the pool for a late night swim or to the bar at the resort for some late night drinking. Or head to the 24-hr cafeteria in the resort for a late night snack. I rarely ever just go to the room and sleep. Maybe one night on an entire trip? Another thing i usually do at least once or twice is after the late night swim i will go walk around the hotel for a leisurely stroll to enjoy the surroundings. Or walk over to a nearby hotel. I do this a lot staying at the Poly.

That's good stuff man. Are these solo trips or with your significant other?

eliza61nyc

I'm just curious what people do after a day at the parks. I know that families with kids probably can't wait to crash on their pillows, but I'm wondering about the people that are either doing solo trips or those groups that have no kids.

Are you hitting the pillows also? Are you going to Disney Springs for drinks? Are you relaxing in the hot tub at your pool?

All of the above. lol
I generally go when it's pretty warm outside, so I admit if I close out a park in late August when I get to the resort I may usually just chill at the pool. lol, don't let me take a cool shower because then all bets are off, I've been known to crash.

If I end the day at Epcot, I may go over to the Boardwalk and check out the dueling pianos.

P_Radden

It depends. 95% of my days I get up fairly early to make rope drop. Then I usually head back to the hotel around Noonish or 1 when the parks start to get busy. Then it's usually a half hour nap in the room to cool down (I go in summer) and then I head off to the pool to relax and tan and swim for an hour or 2. I then usually have a dinner reservation or if not, just start making my way to a park to be there by 6pmish.

I sometimes make late night dinner reservations if a park closes early. If not, I will usually go to the pool for a late night swim or to the bar at the resort for some late night drinking. Or head to the 24-hr cafeteria in the resort for a late night snack. I rarely ever just go to the room and sleep. Maybe one night on an entire trip? Another thing i usually do at least once or twice is after the late night swim i will go walk around the hotel for a leisurely stroll to enjoy the surroundings. Or walk over to a nearby hotel. I do this a lot staying at the Poly.

When we stayed at Poly on our honeymoon, my wife was pretty wore out from all the wedding festivities. So after she would go to bed, I'd put in my ear buds and wonder around the property by myself, just taking it all in. Poly is so wonderful at night when its late and everyone else is in their rooms. One night I found the grassy hill and laid on my back watching the stars for over an hour without a single soul around. It was one of the best memories from that trip. I truly felt at home. Here's some pics from those nights:
20160315_234738.jpg
20160315_234921.jpg
20160315_235048.jpg
20160315_235222.jpg
20160315_235518.jpg
20160317_223258.jpg
20160317_223420.jpg
20160317_230825.jpg
20160317_230909.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We're not the all-day-at-the-park types. So we get back late afternoon and either nap or visit the pool/hot tub, shower and out for dinner. Once we return after dinner, it's a little TV then heads on the pillows.

Bartledvd

With out the kids we get in the hot tub relax then have a night cap in the room or maybe a snack before getting ready for bed

Phonedave

It depends on how late we get back to the room. If its not super late the we hit up the pool, have a few refreshments, sit in the hot tub.

If we are without kids (or now that are kids are older) my wife and I may go down the lounge or if we are at BW, to Jellyrolls.

If we are there with our kids, most of the time we are in at least a 1BR (if not a 2BR) DVC unit, so we also wind down in the room, maybe make a snack of some sort depending on when we last ate, or just hand out in the room for a bit

Worldlover71

Most days, I am at the park well before opening and don't leave until the cast members start giving me the evil eye! That doesn't leave much time for sleeping so it is usually back to the room, shower, make some notes for my trip report and then straight to bed. Most of the time, the pool, shops and food courts are already closed when I get back but if they are still open, I've been known to take a quick dip in the pool or hot tub before crashing.

nicb88

The biggest benefit about traveling from the UK and staying for a couple of weeks at a time is that I rarely do open to close.

On days when I start early at the parks, I might visit a Spa, or lay by the pool. The afternoon then tends to run into evening and I’ll often have made a reservation where I can spend a couple of hours enjoying the meal and a few drinks. Then a wander round a resort, gift shops, sometimes even sit close to the Movie Under The Stars with a drink and just enjoy the atmosphere.

If I go to the park late and stay till close, I’ll usually have eaten a bigger meal earlier, so grab a snack and a drink and sit out on the balcony or among the gardens (depending on resort) for a half hour or so to wind down. Then I’ll get ready for bed and either watch a little TV (Forensic Files is always a good choice!!) or just go to sleep.

And when I say drink, I don’t always mean alcoholic! :oops:

crxbrett

When we stayed at Poly on our honeymoon, my wife was pretty wore out from all the wedding festivities. So after she would go to bed, I'd put in my ear buds and wonder around the property by myself, just taking it all in. Poly is so wonderful at night when its late and everyone else is in their rooms. One night I found the grassy hill and laid on my back watching the stars for over an hour without a single soul around. It was one of the best memories from that trip. I truly felt at home. Here's some pics from those nights:
View attachment 271679View attachment 271680View attachment 271681View attachment 271682View attachment 271683View attachment 271684View attachment 271686View attachment 271687View attachment 271688

That's awesome! That's why I love that hotel so much! I mean, any resort on property you can do that, too. But walking around the lagoon at night and just taking all of the scenery is by far one of my favorite aspects staying at the Poly.

JD80

My last trip in August with a 4 month preggo wife, 4.5 yo and a 2.5 yo.:

At Park all day.
Kids fall asleep right before fireworks.
Wake them up for fireworks.
Kids fall asleep after fireworks.
Wife gets cranky on bus.
Kids fall asleep again on bus.
Carry kids to room.
Chat with wife.
Wife falls asleep mid-sentence.
I wander to front lobby.
Grab a drink.
Bring drink back to room.
Revel in the silence.
Go to bed.
Wake up and repeat.

I do this routine 3-4 times in a trip!

joejccva71

Original Poster
My last trip in August with a 4 month preggo wife, 4.5 yo and a 2.5 yo.:

At Park all day.
Kids fall asleep right before fireworks.
Wake them up for fireworks.
Kids fall asleep after fireworks.
Wife gets cranky on bus.
Kids fall asleep again on bus.
Carry kids to room.
Chat with wife.
Wife falls asleep mid-sentence.
I wander to front lobby.
Grab a drink.
Bring drink back to room.
Revel in the silence.
Go to bed.
Wake up and repeat.

I do this routine 3-4 times in a trip!

Hahaha this is absolute gold!

Rogue21

I travel solo or with all adults. Most days after we leave the parks it's for a nice dinner. Other days we head back to the resort to watch the Electric Water Pageant and have a nightcap in the lounge. If we're staying at WL or AKL, sit a spell by one of the fireplaces or relax on the rooms' balcony.

If traveling with my sister, we'll head to Trader Sam's or Jellyrolls.

jimbo mack

If we stay to the end or near to the end we will head to crossroads for a quick bite to eat (often at Perkins) and then go to the hotel and crash into a quick coma...

On the rare day we leave earlier we might head over to Disney Springs or one of the premium outlets and / or stop off at Goodings / Publix / Walmart / Target to pick up some goodies (no pun intended!) and relax in the hotel room, binging on treats and American tv. We sometimes watch one of the park’s fireworks from our hotel. It’s always a novelty for us Brits!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom