What do you do after coming back from parks?

correcaminos

Well we go back to our room during the day to enjoy the resort. We usually go back for a while but rarely close out a park anyway, so we just relax and go to bed. Might hit a lounge at the resort, but haven't bothered with Disney Springs since pleasure island closed down. I'd rather be closer to home so to speak with a more quaint lounge than deal with DS

JIMINYCR

Before kids - after kids - with little ones - with teenagers - since we only get to pop down once a year...
we get back very late, shower off the skanky sweat & sunscreen & get excited to get up at the crack of stupid for our next fun-filled day in the parks.

Getting up at the crack of stupid...for a day at WDW. Never as bad as getting up for work.

mmelka

We definitely shower since we're not used to the humidity in Florida being from the Northwest. Then, my wife and I will typically fall asleep watching TV. Being from the west coast, I will watch my local sports teams playing, often times staying up too late. But we try and get our stuff in order for the next day, making sure our bags are packed, we have everything we need and laying out our clothes for the next day.

Nsaudra

After the parks.. we are asleep in mins....
But we try and go to the beach inbetween days or at least the day before we come back home. The beach is free and makes me feel better about what we spent

MOUSEGIRL

No kids here, we hit the parks from rope drop till close. When we get back to the hotel grab an adult beverage to take back to the room, shower and go to sleep so we can do it again.

Rlandrigan

My favorite thing about coming back to POFQ was the crickets, the walk back chilled the kids out and we'd get washed up and in bed, and I download photos from the day and get all the electronics charging - first getting drink refills if we had DDP:). AKL was great to come home to - pop outside to check the savannah views, grab the NVGs if they were still out, or just watch sleepy Giraffes:)

Goofyernmost

I'll be honest here, even when I was young, a day at the parks dragged every bit of life out of my body. We would go back to the hotel, maybe a quick jump in the pool, have some Iced Tea, watch some TV and crash to get recharged for the next day. Just the way I am. I'm not a drinker so there is no reason to nightclub it. I did go to Pleasure Island once when it was open, but, mostly to see the Comedy Warehouse.

mergatroid

Usually, we end up going back to the room. Showers then watching something like Forensic Files on TV, eating the candy that we have gotten from the Disney hotel's quick shop place and falling asleep. A day in a busy park is exhausting.

However, there are a couple of nights during our stay we usually plan on a meal in Disney Springs for dinner. But, there have been a couple of times where we canceled due to exhaustion.

Pretty much this for us except never watched Forensic Files.

AndyS2992

My feet are usually aching so bad that I limp from the bus stop to the room and crash on the bed and watch some tv, someone then usually heads to the food court and fills our refillable mugs and may or may not bring some candy or snacks back up and we just chill in the room and maybe shower and then we call it a night.

crxbrett

I'm just curious what people do after a day at the parks. I know that families with kids probably can't wait to crash on their pillows, but I'm wondering about the people that are either doing solo trips or those groups that have no kids.

Are you hitting the pillows also? Are you going to Disney Springs for drinks? Are you relaxing in the hot tub at your pool?

It depends. 95% of my days I get up fairly early to make rope drop. Then I usually head back to the hotel around Noonish or 1 when the parks start to get busy. Then it's usually a half hour nap in the room to cool down (I go in summer) and then I head off to the pool to relax and tan and swim for an hour or 2. I then usually have a dinner reservation or if not, just start making my way to a park to be there by 6pmish.

I sometimes make late night dinner reservations if a park closes early. If not, I will usually go to the pool for a late night swim or to the bar at the resort for some late night drinking. Or head to the 24-hr cafeteria in the resort for a late night snack. I rarely ever just go to the room and sleep. Maybe one night on an entire trip? Another thing i usually do at least once or twice is after the late night swim i will go walk around the hotel for a leisurely stroll to enjoy the surroundings. Or walk over to a nearby hotel. I do this a lot staying at the Poly.

Disney4family

Grab something at the food court if I didn’t each much during the day...watch some of the news, take long shower and hope to get some sleep. Wow...I sound like fun.
You do! We spent the day with you in the parks having fun and enjoying the pixie dust!!! That's all that matters when you're there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom