What do you do after coming back from parks?

nickys

Premium Member
Like some others, we don't do rope drop to close. We have the luxury of time too.

So in the evenings when we're not at a park we do one or more of several things:
- swim
- cook dinner and enjoy with a bottle of wine or beer, finishing them on the balcony
- stroll around the resort
- head to a lounge
- head to the Boardwalk
- resort hop and explore, finishing with a drink or two in a lounge
- head to DS
- hop into MK or Epcot (depending where we're staying obviously) on the spur of the moment and just stroll around, grab something to eat
- monorail round trip either around 7 Seas or through Epcot, or both
- boat ride

These might be all of us, just DH and me or any combination of us. Boys were 17 and 21 last trip, so can be totally independent from us

The other option is an early night and close the door. That's why we do 1 bedroom villas ;)

BraveGirl

Before kids, I always had grand plans of going out for drinks in Pleasure Island after a full day in the parks. What usually ended up happening is we would drag our tired butts over there, have one drink and then fall asleep on the bus ride home. Now that I have kids, I can give up pretending that I'm a wild party animal and just go back to the hotel and sleep. We are always rope drop to park close people, pre and post kids, so the exhaustion is real.

However, I was super impressed with a friend who came with us on our last trip. No kids, but he did rope drop to close with us daily AND still went to the hotel bar (we were at Pop, so it was Petals), for several drinks after getting back. I am not that strong lol.

UpAllNight

On park days we’re usually there open to close, but we’re careful to plan water park days in between which are more chill. We went for 22 nights last year. 22 days in a row of theme park and water parks....absolutely brutal, and bliss, all at the same time.

beertiki

Beer, pool, beer, hot tub, beer.

I read all 4 pages and figured at least one person would say something about sex... Are we all that old?

Willmark

Do some damage at the pool bar while the kids swim.

Very smart on the mouse’s par, if the parents know their kids are being watched they will spend more $ drinking..

I am Timmy

If we stay to the end or near to the end we will head to crossroads for a quick bite to eat (often at Perkins) and then go to the hotel and crash into a quick coma...

On the rare day we leave earlier we might head over to Disney Springs or one of the premium outlets and / or stop off at Goodings / Publix / Walmart / Target to pick up some goodies (no pun intended!) and relax in the hotel room, binging on treats and American tv. We sometimes watch one of the park’s fireworks from our hotel. It’s always a novelty for us Brits!
That's adorable! What kind of treats and tv do you enjoy on your trip? Our last trip my dh watched nonstop Forensic Files if we were int he room. Apparently one of the Orlando channels plays it (or did a few months ago) repeatedly.

I am Timmy

When my boys were younger, we only went in hot months. So, evenings were late and ended with bathing and bed. We are not morning people unless we're at DW, because mornings there are magical! Now that the boys are young adults, we go in cooler months, and the parks close earlier. I buy us all special pj's so we can change into them in the evening after showers and get cozy. I bring tea with me and make us all tea, so it's ready after we've finished our nighttime routines. When we've gotten things ready for the morning, we hang out, sip tea and talk about the day - things we saw, what we liked, etc. We might watch tv (mostly dh), but we tend to talk more than anything. It's a nice way to unwind after all the running!

Hayley In Wonderland

depending on whether we eat in the parks or not, we leave, grab some food at the food court in the hotel, take a slow walk to our room, shower, chat and go on our phones, then we usually crash out.

CptRon

I sure wish I could still recommend the Adventurers Club, but alas...

Not sure if this counts, because it can be done *in* a park or on the way back from a park, but we've found catching a late night boat ride relaxing and romantic. For us, any boat, ahem, does the trick ;-)

Putting an after-hours-ish hurtin' on the Tusker Lagers at the Kilimanjaro Club during the one trip we could swing it was quite fun also.

Last edited:

bigorangeandy

Depending on which park and closing time if it's not late I'll stop by the bar and have a beer. If it's later just back to the room with my wife. Sometimes she will join me, sometimes not. Sometimes we do make the hot tub, but mostly we end up in the room, and reset for the next day.

LUVofDIS

We usually hit the food court or if staying at the Dolphin, Picabu for a half chicken. Than it is back to the room, the wife ices her feet and I download photos while writing down the days events. Excitement at its best.

bjlc57

wow . .Get up at the crack of STUPID. .yep.. that's the best quote for a LONG TIME.. We check the tourning plans for the next day.. and shower and then crash.. oh and make sure the drinks we are bringing into the parks are cold.. I do watch about 7 minutes of tv.. with my eyes closed..

Bpmorley

I'm just curious what people do after a day at the parks. I know that families with kids probably can't wait to crash on their pillows, but I'm wondering about the people that are either doing solo trips or those groups that have no kids.

Are you hitting the pillows also? Are you going to Disney Springs for drinks? Are you relaxing in the hot tub at your pool?
Depends on the day. We don't do the park commando thing anymore. But on the occasion that we got to one of the parties and stay til 2am it's usually just the pillows. Most days are park early(if at all), out by 2 or 3, hit a bar on 535, palm pkwy or 192.(love Kitty O'Sheas) then have a few by the pool/hot tub. Our next trip is over Halloween @ BCV. We'll do food and wine twice(weekdays only) and then crash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom