What do you all think about Riverside?

Jenngusto

I am going to the World 12/12 thru 12/19 with my fiance and we upgraded from Pop Century to Port Orleans Riverside. But now I have read some reviews that are not so great about Riverside... about mousekeeping issues and the age of the buildings showing... :confused:

For those of you who have stayed here, what do you think? :lookaroun

This is my first trip where I will be staying in anything but a value resort and my fiance's 2nd trip in his whole life to the World (he was 5 when he went the first time). I want him to want to return as I love the World and hope to share this love with him! So you can see I want this to be a fun and worry-less trip. HELP please.. :veryconfu

No matter what, we are going to the WORLD! :sohappy: :wave:

RiversideBunny

This is our favorite resort. It is beatiful and scenic and serene. Young children, under age 9 or so, may prefer the bright colors and glitz of the Value resorts, but everyone else would like POR instead. My user name, RiversideBunny, comes from a rabbit we saw early each morning near the entrance as we walked over to the food court for breakfast. If walking is a problem for anyone, then the sister resort of Port Orleans French Quarter would be a good choice because it is more compact.

Upvote 0
My fiance and I were there just over a year ago for a very relaxing 7 days, everything about it was perfect. We even had a complimentry room service breakfast because of some construction that was going on just oustide our mansion!!! always a welcome treat

We are going back to the world for 2.5 weeks at the end of sept and there was no doubt in out mind where we are going to stay for the first 8 nights, then we might switch to a different resort

Hope this helps

Cheers

Upvote 0

CMickeyEars

We're staying there for the first time in May and we're very excited. It looks like a beautiful resort from all the photos I've seen. Now if the time will pass just a little more quickly I'll be okay!!!

Carla

Upvote 0

disneymonger

I've stayed at Riverside a number of times, most recently this past January for a week, and I have to say it is one of my favorites. It's beautiful and they have some of the most comfortable beds of all the on-property resorts I've stayed at. They have a wide selection of place to eat, ranging from a funky bar atmosphere to a fine dining restaurant to a quick fast-food type of place that offers a little bit of everything. To anyone wanting to stay at Riverside for the first time, I highly recommend it. The buildings are beautiful (mostly mansion style) and the rooms are very spacious. I have never had a bad experience at Riverside...in any way, shape, or form. For those who are concerned about walking distance to the bus stops, I would say they are no farther than the walking distance at any of the All-Stars or Pop Century...never bothered me since the scenary is so beautiful anyway. Overall, I give the Riverside an A++ in my book and am jealous that you are going!:hammer:​

Upvote 0

Jen Jen

Riverside is gorgeous. We stayed in Oak Manor, and didn't feel that we had to do a lot of walking at all compared to other resorts we've stayed in. We had no problems except that we didn't think Boatwright's was very good. That's ok though because we do most of our eating in the parks. We loved the piano player in the bar. Very entertaining! The grounds are so perfectly landscaped and cared for, and the river just makes the theming. It was so peaceful, and we are going back in November! It's my favorite resort! We didn't have a trundle, so I'm afraid I can't help there.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

kevandsara

drewchyi said:
The food options are pretty limited as well.
I thought POR had great food options. Their food court is one of the best we've seen in all of WDW (second only to AKL, in our opinion). We also ate at Boatwright's one evening and had a really good meal.

POR is an awesome resort... we absolutely loved it! :)

Upvote 0

DolFan

I love Riverside. This is my official moderate resort. But there are always negatives. It is very spread out, the food court and bus stops can be far from your room. And it seems like at every park closing there is a long line for the bus because French Quarter and Riverside usually share the same stop.

Upvote 0
my family (me my mom and my dad) and my granny are goin to disney next year this will be her second time and my family's 8th time we have stayed at all value resorts and caribbean beach and were wondering about the POR. I am a picky eater so i was wonderin what kind of food they have.

Upvote 0
We're staying at POR for 8 nights in September. We have stayed at POFQ before and that was very nice. Does anyone have any suggestions on where NOT to stay (as far as buildings go) at POR? Most everything seems positive and we're unsure now where to request our rooms....not that we'll get exactly what we request!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Momx3

According to the unoffical guide to WDW the best bulding for families is building 18. Close to everything including the satellite pool and quieter than building 14. I will be requesting that building.

Upvote 0
As you can see, my wife and I have stayed at POR since our honeymoon in 1996; and, our daughter has been there every year since she was born in 1998. I have stayed at other WDW resorts, too, but we strongly prefer POR for the atmosphere and its ammenities. Those who have replied to this post have hit all of the areas that usually get attacked or critiqued. My ONLY "complaint" would be the transporation, but it, the transportation, definitely depends on a number of factors, including: weather, crowd, season, just to name a few. Make the best of your time--you'll have a GREAT time......looking for problems---you'll have a LOUSY time. We think, however, that you WILL have a GREAT time!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

It is true as said before.."you never forget your first love"...We've stayed there back in 96' for our honeymoon when it was DIXIE LANDINGS and have stayed there either once or twice a year every year then...This place to me is a moderate resort with many qualities of a deluxe....the food court is great ,lots of variety..Boatwrights Restaurant is a great sit down place to eat...great breakfast..especiallly the banana stuffed french toast....yummy... Piano man bob who plays on ceratin nites in the lounge is halirious...fun for the whole family..or just the two of you....Nice general store..yeah a little pricey on some things...but your at disney....they have a horse and carriage ride on certain nites..bike and boat rentals.....BOats that go to downtown disney....yeah I could go on about this place cause it is a favorite of ours....we have stayed in both the mansion section and the bayou..we prefer the bayou section..... We 've never had a prob(knock on wood) with mousekeeping if anything they have been wonderful in the past....and also a must..MUddy rivers lounge near the main pool.... great drinks.. I think you'lll be quite pleased with the resort...have a great time......we go back there in 36 more days!!!!!

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

We stayed at Riverside in July 2005 . We loved it. We stayed in Alligator Bayou building 16. It was a little bit of a walk to the restaurant but not really long. The boat ride to Downtown Disney is so relaxing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom