What Disneyland attraction do you wish was at WDW?

Walt Disney1955

In a word, yes.

Why is that? Look, I love the queue of Pirates in WDW but that's all that is has on Disneyland's version. If there is one attraction that needs to be 15 minutes - as opposed to 8 - long it is this one. That's why I take Disneyland's version.

In all honesty, I want Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back. That's it. The old Snow White would be nice too. But people keep saying Indy and such. You know, I like the idea of unique rides being in different parks across the country. I liked the fact that Indy was new to me when I went to Disneyland. It can't all be similar, there has to be an incentive to visit each park.

Chef Mickey

Why is that? Look, I love the queue of Pirates in WDW but that's all that is has on Disneyland's version. If there is one attraction that needs to be 15 minutes - as opposed to 8 - long it is this one. That's why I take Disneyland's version.

In all honesty, I want Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back. That's it. The old Snow White would be nice too. But people keep saying Indy and such. You know, I like the idea of unique rides being in different parks across the country. I liked the fact that Indy was new to me when I went to Disneyland. It can't all be similar, there has to be an incentive to visit each park.
Probably as simple as what I grew up with. I've probably been on DL's version 40 times and WDW's version 300 times. I LOVE the queue at WDW and somehow prefer the sequence of events. I has to be the nostalgia kicking in, but the whole bayou opening never made much sense to me at DL.

I do like the length of DL's version, but I just feel more at home at WDW. Simple as that.

Bing Bong

Just putting this out there, I understand you have a right to your opinions, but saying that you prefer a version of a ride that is missing 50% of the original version (Much of what's missing contributes to the story by the way) is crazy. This conversation has happened before and as many pointed out if the tables were turned a lot of you would be saying the opposite. DLR's Pirates is better hands down, it's a fact at this point due to the fact that the only thing WDW's has going for it is the queue (which itself was butchered for FP+). I get that it's what you're used to, but it goes to show a lot of WDW fans could benefit from visiting other resorts.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I enjoy going to DL and experiencing attractions that I don't get to normally do at WDW, so I wouldn't want tok many carbon copies of DL attractions coming to WDW. Keep some of it unique.

That being said, the WDW PofC is sad in comparison to the DL version. Would not mind having the DL version in WDW. Also would not mind having Indy in DHS.

Sage of Time

Exactly, plus please list which attractions are better, because only 1 or 2 come to mind.
While it's highly idealistic to want the two parks to be as different as possible, it's beyond ridiculous to think that they can't share similar experiences. Things like the Rivers of America and PotC and HM are the bread and butter of a castle park experience. Just because Disneyland has those rides doesn't mean that any other castle park should be without them.

And I'd say that there's quite a few WDW rides better than DL. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rivers of America... I could go on...

Bing Bong

While it's highly idealistic to want the two parks to be as different as possible, it's beyond ridiculous to think that they can't share similar experiences. Things like the Rivers of America and PotC and HM are the bread and butter of a castle park experience. Just because Disneyland has those rides doesn't mean that any other castle park should be without them.

And I'd say that there's quite a few WDW rides better than DL. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rivers of America... I could go on...
Woah... did you seriously just say that the WDW Space Mountain in it's current state is better than DLR's? Because that is absolutely insane. Splash Mountain comes down to preference, and the Haunted Mansion in California benefits from the Holiday overlay so that's up for debate. Also I found the Rivers of America to be much better in California for 2 reasons... The Canoes and the Sailing ship Columbia. All WDW has is the Mark Twain.

doctornick

In terms of rides, the specific ones I'd love to see come to WDW would be RSR, Indy and Matterhorn. But, more than that, I'd just prefer to see WDW utilize the space efficiency of DLR like how DL's Fantasyland id is packed with rides pretty much on top of each other and MK's FL is... not.

doctornick

Jungle Cruise, Pooh, Astro Orbiters. Unfortunately now gone, but both Mr. Toad and SWSA were better at WDW. TSMM has the far better queue and the rides are the same (but, obviously, worse wait times at WDW).

And the TTA is better at MK simply because it still runs!

Bing Bong

Jungle Cruise, Pooh, Astro Orbiters. Unfortunately now gone, but both Mr. Toad and SWSA were better at WDW. TSMM has the far better queue and the rides are the same (but, obviously, worse wait times at WDW).

And the TTA is better at MK simply because it still runs!
Dear lord Jungle Cruise? Have you not seen what it is like now DLR? Pooh and Astro I can give you but some of these are just plain examples of denial.

rct247

Roger Rabbit because it's unique and not like anything we have here. Indy is great but it is Dinosaur. We have Pirates just not their Pirates. Plus Rodger Rabbit fits at Studios which needs more dark rides for kids and its all indoors for Florida's rainy summers.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know I'm kind of jumping the gun here...But, the 3 rides I would like to see are DLP's PoTC and Phantom Manor...
DSC01362small.jpg~original

and TDL's Tower of Terror...
Tokyo_DisneySea_Tower_of_Terror.jpg

ctxak98

disneyland- INDY or Alice in Wonderland.
California Adventure- Grizzly River Run
Disneyland Paris- better version of Casey Jr.
disney studios paris- Ratatouille the adventure
Disney Hong Kong-Mystic Manor
Disneyland Tokyo-poohs hunny hunt
Tokyo Disney Sea- Journey to the center of the Earth or 20.000 leagues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom