What Disney things used to scare you when you were a kid?

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
I was really wimpy growing up, so I have a lot of things I was afraid of

1. tumblr_kz0uu47nyu1qzc8rmo1_400.jpg
2. starting at 1:06

3. Loud noises, especially fireworks. I'm sensitive to loud noises,and I would cover my ears through almost every ride. Now I just wear earplugs. and I found out that now I have a hole in one of my eardrums that the dr.s tried to patch up, but didn't work.

4. fur characters

6. I was scared of the part at 1:17

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Don't worry, I have overcome these. ;)

What about you?

camman007

I too was a wimp growing up, especially with loud noises. I was pretty terrified of most of the Disney World rides, thinking something would pop out and grab me, etc..

Movie wise...I was always afraid of the destruction of the grotto scene from The Little Mermaid.

Also, the opening scene from A Goofy Movie always freaked me out and terrified me.

Darth Tater

The Brave Little Toaster movie scene when the air conditioner goes berserk. Also in this movie when the evil clown appears in a creepy dream sequence.

Alice Through the Looking Glass (1985)
Okay, so this isn't a Disney film (I don't think), but it was shown on the Disney Channel way back in the day. The one character most kids remember is that %$#*&% Jabberwocky! The scene where it pushes Humpty Dumpty & starts chasing Alice through the woods. Another scene when it jumps out through a mirror. Another scene when it pops out of a birthday present & starts attacking the characters.

Bambi scene when they first reach the meadow. It's quiet, foggy, and Bambi's mother tells him to stay low while she checks it out first. Even though nothing bad/scary happens, it was very eerie when she's observing the meadow. The music score is spooky, and you keep wondering what's going to happen.

Pinocchio scene when Lampwick sprouts ears & transforms into a donkey.

The wolf from Lambert the Sheepish Lion cartoon short.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Large Marge scene. Another non-Disney film, but certainly shown on Disney Channel quite often back in the glory days. I'm sure you all remember Large Marge the truck driver. I'm sure you all remember what happens to her face. Enough said.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
The Brave Little Toaster movie scene when the air conditioner goes berserk. Also in this movie when the evil clown appears in a creepy dream sequence.

Alice Through the Looking Glass (1985)
Okay, so this isn't a Disney film (I don't think), but it was shown on the Disney Channel way back in the day. The one character most kids remember is that %$#*&% Jabberwocky! The scene where it pushes Humpty Dumpty & starts chasing Alice through the woods. Another scene when it jumps out through a mirror. Another scene when it pops out of a birthday present & starts attacking the characters.

Bambi scene when they first reach the meadow. It's quiet, foggy, and Bambi's mother tells him to stay low while she checks it out first. Even though nothing bad/scary happens, it was very eerie when she's observing the meadow. The music score is spooky, and you keep wondering what's going to happen.

Pinocchio scene when Lampwick sprouts ears & transforms into a donkey.

The wolf from Lambert the Sheepish Lion cartoon short.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Large Marge scene. Another non-Disney film, but certainly shown on Disney Channel quite often back in the glory days. I'm sure you all remember Large Marge the truck driver. I'm sure you all remember what happens to her face. Enough said.
Oh my gosh! I was scared of Large Marge too! Me and my dad would always watch Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, and I would always close my eyes on that part, and the part with the creepy clown doctors.

That Alice Through the Looking Glass movie sounds cool! Is there a clip of it on YouTube, I want to see that scene. :)

madtea_party

OK, so one time when I was younger (a lot younger), I went on POTC and noticed a boat that looked like the one we were in was tipped upside down. Lol I was convinced that that could happen to us and was so afraid of our boat tipping over and us falling out that I refused to ride Pirates for many years.

I was also afraid of The Haunted Mansion just because it was called The HAUNTED Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom