What Disney movie needs a dark ride

NiarrNDisney

What Disney movie needs a dark ride

Hmmmm......... how about none

Furthermore are you actually asking which movie based dark ride does a Disney park need???

Or do you literally mean which movie needs a ride.......maybe because it was a well made movie that didn't perform up to expectations and could use a secondary conveyance like a ride to garner proper attention?????

You are aware that this is a Disney discussion forum so the OP is simply doing what one does on a forum by creating conversation. No need to get aggressive over someone posing a fun hypothetical question in a thread asking other users for their personal opinions on said subject.

NiarrNDisney

Not that I would ever advocate this but there is a boat ride directly next to the Tangled Toilets. Perfect for maintaining the same theme. You already have boats for the lanterns (among other things). Would require--I know, I know--changing the theme of IASW.
I could see that working though I would be sad to see IASW go. Unless of course the Mouse were to build it elsewhere with the gorgeous DLR outdoor facade.

JohnD

I agree I have always felt it would be nice as a sort of entrance to World Showcase

And I have the perfect place for it. If Imagination 1.0 never comes back. gut Imagination 3.0 and install IASW there. It's in the new "World Celebration" after all (see link below). The only question is making the outside facade work with the existing Imagination building. This is all "blue sky", of course.

NiarrNDisney

And I have the perfect place for it. If Imagination 1.0 never comes back. gut Imagination 3.0 and install IASW there. It's in the new "World Celebration" after all (see link below). The only question is making the outside facade work with the existing Imagination building. This is all "blue sky", of course.

I would also hate to see Figment go but since the Mouse destroyed my favorite childhood attraction I guess it wouldn't be that bad. Though the Imagination pavilion is huge so they could probably take out the theater and build the IASW there with a new entrance from the side path that is usually used for festival booths and a playground (now also Starbucks :grumpy:) and still keep a Figment attraction (hopefully something resembling 1.0). All "Blue Sky" of course ;)

JohnD

I would also hate to see Figment go but since the Mouse destroyed my favorite childhood attraction I guess it wouldn't be that bad. Though the Imagination pavilion is huge so they could probably take out the theater and build the IASW there with a new entrance from the side path that is usually used for festival booths and a playground (now also Starbucks :grumpy:) and still keep a Figment attraction (hopefully something resembling 1.0). All "Blue Sky" of course ;)

Yeah. I thought of that. Remove the theater. Make that the outside entrance to IASW. Redo the show building for the ride. (Not sure there is enough room for two show buildings — one for IASW and one for Figment). Use the main Imagination building for queue/pre-show.

dman1373

Original Poster
Princess & the Frog (but not where THEY think it needs to go)
Lilo & Stitch (A good one)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Aladdin
Tangled
Hercules

And finally, for what it's worth... Hollywood Studios needs a "Tim Burtonland."

Nightmare Before Christmas
James & the Giant Peach
Frankenweenie
Lilo and stitch needed something more Hawaiian related rather than alien related.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well there is that Enchanted Tiki Room with Stitch over in Tokyo Disneyland though I hear it's not much better than the now thankfully shuttered Under New Management version.
I've actually heard the opposite. People seem to like it very well.. I even watched it and thought "hey that's not half bad."

Lilo and stitch needed something more Hawaiian related rather than alien related.
I disagree. It can be anything as long as it is done right. Disney just doesn't know how to handle the property... Similar to how they don't know how to handle The Muppets. When in reality, it's not that hard. Stitch would make a great Star Tours-style simulator ride, in my opinion. A battle against Captain Gantu, who has kidnapped Lilo as bate to get Stitch... I could literally make up a better attraction than SGE in my sleep.

dman1373

Original Poster
I've actually heard the opposite. People seem to like it very well.. I even watched it and thought "hey that's not half bad."

I disagree. It can be anything as long as it is done right. Disney just doesn't know how to handle the property... Similar to how they don't know how to handle The Muppets. When in reality, it's not that hard. Stitch would make a great Star Tours-style simulator ride, in my opinion. A battle against Captain Gantu, who has kidnapped Lilo as bate to get Stitch... I could literally make up a better attraction than SGE in my sleep.
The majority of the movie was based around Hawaiian culture, not space. That's what the charm was. The terrible TV show and sequals were all about space and science and stuff.

Club Cooloholic

The majority of the movie was based around Hawaiian culture, not space. That's what the charm was. The terrible TV show and sequals were all about space and science and stuff.
Is it just me, or why not make Stich an attraction at Typhoon Lagoon? They have the surfing etc, how cool would it be if they covered an area of the lazy river, and themed the tunnel created to Stitch?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The TV show was one of Disney Channel's best TV shows. Your personal opinion doesn't equal fact. Something a lot of people on these forums don't seem to understand.

It doesn't matter what the source material is, or what PART of the movie it's based on... As long as Imagineers use their brain, and have a decent sized budget. Splash Mountain will always be the best example of that.

Brer Panther

No, the terrible TV show was about trying to catch Stitch's cousins so Disney could have their own version of Pokemon. The show threw much of what made the first movie work out the window in favor of zany hijinks and cartoon cliches. I also loathe the amount of "dur hurr, gay people are funny" jokes made involving Pleakley.

cookiee_munster

Not that I would ever advocate this but there is a boat ride directly next to the Tangled Toilets. Perfect for maintaining the same theme. You already have boats for the lanterns (among other things). Would require--I know, I know--changing the theme of IASW.

OOOH! CONTROVERSIAL!!! 😋😋😋

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom