What Disney movie needs a dark ride

Walt Disney1955

Jungle Book, Bambi, Mary Poppins all come to mind. Two of them should have been implemented in Animal Kingdom as far as I am concerned to begin with. A dark Bambi ride would be amazing. Mary Poppins still has the legal stuff behind it I think, so they may not have permission to do anything with it.

Lion King is something I am surprised has never gotten a dark ride either.

Pinocchio is fun in Disneyland, and some have said it should be in MK, but I don't mind the two parks having some differences here and there, it makes them unique.

Does Mr. Toad have a place in WDW anymore or is that just wishful thinking still?

NelleBelle

Jungle Book, Bambi, Mary Poppins all come to mind. Two of them should have been implemented in Animal Kingdom as far as I am concerned to begin with. A dark Bambi ride would be amazing. Mary Poppins still has the legal stuff behind it I think, so they may not have permission to do anything with it.

Lion King is something I am surprised has never gotten a dark ride either.

Pinocchio is fun in Disneyland, and some have said it should be in MK, but I don't mind the two parks having some differences here and there, it makes them unique.

Does Mr. Toad have a place in WDW anymore or is that just wishful thinking still?
Does Mary Poppins still have legal stuff? I thought they got the rights right before they released Mary Poppins (and could they have made the 2nd Mary Poppins film if there was still legal issues)? I've not done any research into it, just surprised given that Disney made a 2nd movie and was going to put in a Mary Poppins area in Epcot prior to budget cuts.

I definitely agree with you that WDW and DLR should have some unique things to themselves, it's what makes you want to visit each, otherwise why would one bother with the other one?!

As for Toad, I think other than the "tributes" at HM and in Pooh, there's really not much left. 😕

JohnD

The Black Hole. Maximillian and VINCENT anyone?

maximilian-is-silently-malevolent-while-v.i.n.cent-is-a-warm-friendly-robot..jpg

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Flight of the Navigator should have been the IP for Soarin.

Aladdin, as already said, needs a dark ride. Similar to Indy in DLR.

WALL-E suspended roller coaster (like the chairs).
OMG--LOVE the idea of Flight of the Navigator! Watched that movie over and over as a kid! That would be a great Soarin' theme overlay! And a suspended WALL-E coaster would be totally awesome!!

Have people forgotten that families with young children go to Disney? And spend a truckload of money doing so. Time to have some more family/kid -friendly rides. Lion King, Jungle Book or Mary Poppins would be wonderful. Classics! Where no one has to worry about if they measure up height-wise for the ride.

yeti

A Sleeping Beauty dark ride coaster through Maleficent’s castle culminating in a face-off with Maleficent’s dragon form. Use Gringotts’s ride system, advanced animatronics, track switches, etc.

Lion King defiantly a Dark Ride on the Lion King (With the Characters coming to life in Animatronics and expericing the Story of the Lion King Animatronics Animals a Wildebeest Stampede chasing you Hyenas scaring the Guests experincing Simba's life (Just can't Wait to be King, Hakuna Matata, Can You Feel the Love Tonight)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom