What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
A gorgeous day for a 4.25 mile run
739754F6-CAF4-4F0D-9280-C415DBCF80B3.jpeg

GenerationX

It appears I am down and out for a while. According to my doctor, I may have a small tendon tear, in my knee. Looks like I will be starting with 4 weeks of no running and PT.
I'm sorry to hear that. I was out three months last year with blood clots in my left calf. It drove me crazy not to run, and I watched my fitness deteriorate (from resting heart rate of 50 to 64 and VO2 from 51 to 44). It took me four months to get it all back. At least you can watch baseball now and football soon!

OG Runner

I'm sorry to hear that. I was out three months last year with blood clots in my left calf. It drove me crazy not to run, and I watched my fitness deteriorate (from resting heart rate of 50 to 64 and VO2 from 51 to 44). It took me four months to get it all back. At least you can watch baseball now and football soon!

Football, Yes! Baseball, No! I am a Red Sox fan. They are really bad this year and I barely know half the guys they currently have on the team.
I start PT on Friday, and I guess should watch what I am eating a little closer. I figure in four weeks it is going to be like starting from square
one again.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Somewhat true. This is generally a pleasant time of year here - then in October it gets iffy and by November it gets very grey.

I'd love some grey weather. Very warm & humid in my part of Florida right now. Envious of those of you experiencing cooler weather. Why does Mother Nature hate Florida so much? ☹️

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'd love some grey weather. Very warm & humid in my part of Florida right now. Envious of those of you experiencing cooler weather. Why does Mother Nature hate Florida so much? ☹

You really wouldn’t want the grey weather we get. The cloud cover is low, you can no longer see the mountains and it just seems to suck the color out of anything that you can see. Think of it like Dementors that stick around for weeks on end.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You really wouldn’t want the grey weather we get. The cloud cover is low, you can no longer see the mountains and it just seems to suck the color out of anything that you can see. Think of it like Dementors that stick around for weeks on end.

But is it cool? I could care less about cloud cover.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Just had my first live race since Covid, a mountain trail run (about 2500 ft elevation gain) and was the fastest finisher at the 11.5 miles distance! Unfortunately the race was only supposed to be a 9 Miler, so I finished in the back of the pack 😁

Somewhere along the way, I apparently missed a turn and later got back on course, wouldn’t have contended anyway, but would have been more in the meaty part of the bell curve if I had run the right route, haha!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4.5 miles (in a walking event) and the equivalent of 35 flights of stairs in actual stairs and/or elevation gain. This is the first event to be held here since our shutdown in March. They have broken the event down to one evening, three starting blocks for the walking event, capped at 70 people per starting block, each block 45 mins apart. I dont think we were more than 30-40 in my starting block. The next 3 (4?) days will be only for runners, with the same restrictions. The run is a 10K and for crazy trail people. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom