What did you do?

dreamfinder

Signed up for the BAA #finishSTRONG challenge. Needed motivation to force myself to find time for miles with the gym still wonky hours. Going to try to find a few virtual kids races as well to sign my DS up for, the random medals should help convince him to hang out for some of those longer runs.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My Monday night running group started up again - just as I walked out the door it started POURING. But it was warm enough so I braved the mile down to meet up with the group. We did about another 1.5 miles together (the group starts out slowly on a couch to 5K type program so as to not discourage new runners). I would have run home but I was still rather wet so I headed to the closest bus stop to see how long before the next bus. It was longer than I was willing to wait ... until I realized my daughter was at the bus stop too 😊

JillC LI

Hi all. No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and yes I am still running. Been pretty hot here but it's finally getting a bit more manageable. I consistently stick with my three runs per week - two of them between 3 and 4 miles, and one of them between 6 and 8 miles. I'm slower than I'd like in the heat and on the hills around my neighborhood (since I don't want to run on flatter running paths that are more populated these days), but as long as I'm dedicated and consistent that's ok.

DD went back to college so I lost my occasional running partner, but we've signed up for what will be her first race "together" - a virtual run called the Pickle Run. The medal looks like a dill pickle! We will be in different places when we do the 5K race in November, but we will coordinate our start times. I'm looking forward to it as is she.

Enjoyed seeing all of your updates.

OG Runner

Today felt normal......finally.

For 14 years I have watched NFL games while doing my long Sunday runs. Did a 10 miler (longest run since Dopey last year) and watched football. I actually got the runner's high, it just felt like life was a little like it used to be.

Okay, I will ask, How? I assume you use a treadmill, but what do I know.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi all. No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and yes I am still running. Been pretty hot here but it's finally getting a bit more manageable. I consistently stick with my three runs per week - two of them between 3 and 4 miles, and one of them between 6 and 8 miles. I'm slower than I'd like in the heat and on the hills around my neighborhood (since I don't want to run on flatter running paths that are more populated these days), but as long as I'm dedicated and consistent that's ok.

DD went back to college so I lost my occasional running partner, but we've signed up for what will be her first race "together" - a virtual run called the Pickle Run. The medal looks like a dill pickle! We will be in different places when we do the 5K race in November, but we will coordinate our start times. I'm looking forward to it as is she.

Enjoyed seeing all of your updates.

So, enjoying the move to Tejas, are we? 😉 I thought you did most of your running on a dreadmill.....

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Participated in a relay race around the lake (208 km total). My first leg yesterday afternoon was a bit more than 4.5 miles, during which it POURED. And hailed. The entire leg. I was the only team member to run in such conditions, as the rain stopped pretty much when I handed off the tracker, and although it rained for a few minutes this morning, nothing like yesterday. I guess the weather was my birthday present 🤣

This morning at around 5:30 I did my second leg (5 km). This one was supposed to be “more or less flat”. Not sure how the elevation gain/loss was calculated, because my Garmin said it was equivalent to 17 flights of stairs 😉.
3FC22F34-F579-4B67-B560-90CC462C040D.jpeg

OG Runner

Participated in a relay race around the lake (208 km total). My first leg yesterday afternoon was a bit more than 4.5 miles, during which it POURED. And hailed. The entire leg. I was the only team member to run in such conditions, as the rain stopped pretty much when I handed off the tracker, and although it rained for a few minutes this morning, nothing like yesterday. I guess the weather was my birthday present 🤣

This morning at around 5:30 I did my second leg (5 km). This one was supposed to be “more or less flat”. Not sure how the elevation gain/loss was calculated, because my Garmin said it was equivalent to 17 flights of stairs 😉.
View attachment 500934

Congratulations! Sorry, I did get a bit of a giggle from your description. So many people have been wishing
to run a race. You finally get the chance and end-up dealing with rain, hail and unexpected hills. :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Congratulations! Sorry, I did get a bit of a giggle from your description. So many people have been wishing
to run a race. You finally get the chance and end-up dealing with rain, hail and unexpected hills. :D

Glad to make you giggle. I try to be a glass half full kind of person, so I joked about it all weekend. Yes, it was great to be able to participate in an event (my second in as many weeks) and the organizers did a fantastic job with their sanitary protocol in order to get authorization to hold the event - not an easy feat considering the event crosses country borders and goes through dozens of towns. And in the end they had to contact about a third of the teams last minute (a week before the race) to tell them that they would not be allowed to compete because of quarantine requirements, as one of the Swiss cantons (states) through which we ran interpreted the quarantine exception for athletes more strictly than the other.

I have another event coming up in two weeks (confirmed) and am keeping my fingers crossed about yet another in early November.

Surferboy567

I’ve wanted to test this for quite a while but finally got around to this today. As many of you know I use the run walk method.

Normally I go for the 15/30 option when running. Today, I wanted to test two things...what happens when I run at 30/30 in terms of distance run and pacing. Another thing I wanted to test is the difference between treadmill and Apple Watch as I have noticed a difference between the data on treadmill and the data on the watch.

How I plan on testing this is simple record two workouts both 47 mins in length with one warm up for 2 mins at 3.5 speed and a cool down for 5 mins at 3.5 speed.

During the actual run it was 40 sets of 30/30 running at 3.5 (low) and 5.0 (high).

I have just completed my 30/30 run and wanted to record my results.

Apple Watch said:

Distance: 3.51 miles
Time: 47:06
Pace: 13:17 mi

Treadmill said:

Distance: 3.16
Time: 47:07
Pace: 14:55 (pace was calculated with a calculator so don’t have detailed stats like the Apple Watch)

So the question is I assume I trust the treadmill more then the Watch? I want to have the most accurate times when training and running for all these events.

Having all this info tonight I will do another run with the same amount of time but this time with 15/30 (my normal pace) and see how it changes things as well as if I should start using 30/30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom