What did you do?

OG Runner

Walked last night and the knee actually feels pretty good. I am thinking I will walk, instead of run tonight also, (probably a longer distance),
and see if the knee feels even better. I still have the goal of at least 85 miles this month.

OG Runner

3 miles today, still sick, and it showed.

Pace was not far off - 9:55 avg (I am old and slow - if I am below 9:40 I am amazed)

but

Heart rate was off the chart. I can cruse at an average of around 165. Todays average was 177, with a high of 187. I could feel it while running too. Maybe running with this wheezing cold was not the best of ideas. I just had not been out for over a week, and was getting antsy.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30085655

-dave

I agree with everyone that has added their two cents. There are times when you need to take a break. My knee has been bothering
me lately. I had been trying to run through it, but when I ran almost 10 miles on Sunday, it did not feel good. I took off Monday,
walked on Tuesday and took off yesterday. It is feeling much better and I will run tonight. Listen to your body.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I agree with everyone that has added their two cents. There are times when you need to take a break. My knee has been bothering
me lately. I had been trying to run through it, but when I ran almost 10 miles on Sunday, it did not feel good. I took off Monday,
walked on Tuesday and took off yesterday. It is feeling much better and I will run tonight. Listen to your body.
Agreed, I took a little time off recently for a mild case of costochondritis (rib strain of sorts) and am trying get my legs back under me. Between the 90 degree days and that, my walk breaks are starting at about 40% of the distance that they were in April, but I’m sure the endurance will come back when the temps start dropping again.

Otherwise, I hope @Phonedave is feeling better since his April 2010 run in the post you quoted, haha! 😜

OG Runner

Agreed, I took a little time off recently for a mild case of costochondritis (rib strain of sorts) and am trying get my legs back under me. Between the 90 degree days and that, my walk breaks are starting at about 40% of the distance that they were in April, but I’m sure the endurance will come back when the temps start dropping again.

Otherwise, I hope @Phonedave is feeling better since his April 2010 run in the post you quoted, haha! 😜

I swear I have no idea how that happened. You are right though, hopefully he is feeling better by now.

OG Runner

Okay, I feel stupid. The knee was feeling pretty good, except for a few twinges going up and down stairs.
I went out for a 4 mile run after work. Now I can barely move my knee. I have tried icing and I am taking
ibuprofen, but I really made is worse.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Okay, I feel stupid. The knee was feeling pretty good, except for a few twinges going up and down stairs.
I went out for a 4 mile run after work. Now I can barely move my knee. I have tried icing and I am taking
ibuprofen, but I really made is worse.

My experience when an injury “feels better” and I “think” I could go for a run? Every time I gave into that thought I’d reinjure myself. Now I force myself to rest it a week longer. I also find that more often than not, less serious pains/injuries are related to my shoes.

OG Runner

My experience when an injury “feels better” and I “think” I could go for a run? Every time I gave into that thought I’d reinjure myself. Now I force myself to rest it a week longer. I also find that more often than not, less serious pains/injuries are related to my shoes.

I appreciate the advise. Unfortunately, last night, this felt a bit more serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom