What did you do?

OG Runner

Well, I got a little good news. I did not run Monday or Tuesday, due to the heat and humidity. I was afraid I was not going to race
my 80 mile goal for July. I totaled-up my runs since July 1st. I am at 72.83 miles with 3 days, (including today) to go. I think I am
in good shape. Ready to set a new goal for August.

OG Runner

Okay 88 degrees with medium humidity, 3.93 miles last night. Brings my July total to 76.76 miles. I should be over 80 miles tonight.
Next will be 85 miles in August.

OG Runner

I am sure we have done this before, but where are we all running? I am currently doing most of my runs in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
I moved from Hampton, New Hampshire at the beginning of the year.

Greenlawler

Haven’t run in 3 weeks so despite the oppressive heat (around 90F), I was not going to let my last running day of July be in the first week ... so I did a reasonable 2 miles - kept it slow and kept to the shade.

Same here, today was my first run in three weeks. I have been doing strictly cross training indoors since the temperature decided to go north of 95. Did a respectable 10 minute mile for 5 miles. I impressed myself.

I am running in Columbia, TN

Texas84

Strong 4-miler Saturday in oppressive heat and humidity. This is about the time I start to get acclimated to the heat. I was checking my mile times and they were looking really good but my Garmin refused to stop and I lost the data. Oh well.

Our big Labor Day race got cancelled because the city wouldn't allow it. There are a few local September races that haven't been cancelled yet.

GenerationX

Running in a far NW suburb of Chicago in beautiful McHenry County, Illinois.

Had a great run on Saturday to start August. Had an even better day playing baseball yesterday, but unfortunately pounded the balls of my feet (long game, old bad spikes). Perfect weather for running today, but as a mid-foot striker, couldn't do it. Feet too sore. Hope to feel good enough tomorrow to get a quick 3 miles in while temps are moderate.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Running in a far NW suburb of Chicago in beautiful McHenry County, Illinois.

Had a great run on Saturday to start August. Had an even better day playing baseball yesterday, but unfortunately pounded the balls of my feet (long game, old bad spikes). Perfect weather for running today, but as a mid-foot striker, couldn't do it. Feet too sore. Hope to feel good enough tomorrow to get a quick 3 miles in while temps are moderate.

There is nothing worse than having the “it’s perfect running weather” thought and knowing you aren’t able to go for a run in it.

OG Runner

No run last night. I got home, and was thinking about it, but the "hurricane" decided to come through. High winds and heavy rains.
Funny temps are supposed to be back to about 90 today.

JillC LI

I am sure we have done this before, but where are we all running? I am currently doing most of my runs in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
I moved from Hampton, New Hampshire at the beginning of the year.
I'm in the suburbs of Austin, TX. Hope you didn't have any hurricane damage. My mother on Long Island said power on much of the island is still out. Lots of trees down but luckily not at her home.

Still getting up at 5:45am if I want to run outdoors as most days rise to over 100. Shorter runs are on the treadmill.

OG Runner

I'm in the suburbs of Austin, TX. Hope you didn't have any hurricane damage. My mother on Long Island said power on much of the island is still out. Lots of trees down but luckily not at her home.

Still getting up at 5:45am if I want to run outdoors as most days rise to over 100. Shorter runs are on the treadmill.

I got very lucky. The really bad weather went off to the West of me. High winds and a lot of rain, but no power outages.
I definitely could not deal with that heat either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom