What did you do?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've been doing C25k again just to keep me moving. I signed up for Star Wars today and that'll be my 1st half since wine/dine 2019. Gonna keep my miles low through the rest of the summer.

I've also been cross-training by doing at-home bootcamp in my living room monday-friday on my lunchbreak & going for walks.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Went for a 3.8ish mile run with my bestie this morning; it had already warmed up to nearly 80F when we finally got out the door, but to be honest, I am not sure that it would have been that much cooler if we had gotten out the door at the time we had originally planned.

Mr mom

Don't check in here as often as I used too, too busy... I have been running but with covid, of course, there have been no races other than virtual and I am not really into that. I continue to average about 3 to 4 runs a week and about 8 plus miles per run. glad to see everyone still adding up the miles.

OG Runner

Okay, I ran 5.30 miles on Saturday and 8.40 miles on Sunday. I had Monday off and took the day off. Made sure I ran a little more this Saturday and Sunday than I did last Saturday and Sunday. (13.05 last weekend vs 13.70)

OG Runner

Only 3.7 miles last night. The humidity was down a bit, but it was 92 degrees out when I began my run. Funny thing is I thought
I was pushing the pace a little. Turns out it was all in my mind. :D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
3.1 yesterday for my Sparkle Star Wars Virtual 5k.

Tomorrow is my Shark Week Virtual 5k and Sunday I'll be virtually running the Haunted Mansion 5k with my SIL.

And waiting on my medals. Grrrrr

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Wow - ignorance is bliss. I just went on the local news app and saw the videos of said storm I just managed to miss. I think if I realized/knew how violent it was going to be I would have been too scared to go out for a run!

OG Runner

4.90 miles last night, temps in the mid 80s and the humidity was down a bit. The knee is still a bit stiff and I can't seem to get into a normal
stride. Right now running slower, with a much shorter stride. Funny thing though is my cadence is up.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yeah, I guess it does, but I don't understand why I haven't been able to increase my cadence when my stride is more comfortable.

I‘m sure one of our more knowledgeable members could tell you, but looking at it logically: to increase turnover while maintaining the same stride would also require increasing speed, no? Whereas you could increase cadence with a shorter stride which wouldn’t necessarily have any significant impact on speed.

OG Runner

I‘m sure one of our more knowledgeable members could tell you, but looking at it logically: to increase turnover while maintaining the same stride would also require increasing speed, no? Whereas you could increase cadence with a shorter stride which wouldn’t necessarily have any significant impact on speed.
Oh sure, get all logical on me. :D

GenerationX

Whenever I really want to increase my speed, I spend a couple of runs with interval training. For me, that means every time I run across a cul-de-sac on my route (6 or 7 times), I run at near full speed through it. My speed on the next "regular" run after that is typically very good.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Whenever I really want to increase my speed, I spend a couple of runs with interval training. For me, that means every time I run across a cul-de-sac on my route (6 or 7 times), I run at near full speed through it. My speed on the next "regular" run after that is typically very good.

Very good point to show how it is easy to incorporate speed training into normal running routes.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It definitely wasn't Death Valley for me this weekend. The temperatures on both days were in the mid 60s. I ran at 6:30am on Saturday, 5.62 miles and Sunday at 7:30am for 9.76 miles. The knee is still not quite right, but we will see.

Jealous of your temps.

Hoping your knee gets better quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom