What did you do?

OG Runner

Took Monday off with the intention of running Tuesday, unfortunately there were some serious thunderstorms rolling through
and I passed. I need to run tonight!

GenerationX

100% agree on the weather impacts. My categories are:
55-65 Perfect
45-55, 65-75 Will do fine
35-45, 75-85 Not going to hit my best time, but can power through it
20-35, 85-90 Well, I need to get a run in, even a really uncomfortable one
<20, >90 What's on TV?

OG Runner

I have to say I usually like the cooler races. My sweet spot is right around 40 degrees. Over 75 the heat begins to
bother me a bit. (also depends on the humidity with that temperature.) When it gets below 15 it takes a mile or
two to warm up, but I am still off the couch. I ran a half marathon in Haverhill, Massachusetts last December.
The temperature at the start was 8 degrees. It didn't prepare me for the 85 degrees with humidity at the Disney
marathon in January.

Texas84

I have to say I usually like the cooler races. My sweet spot is right around 40 degrees. Over 75 the heat begins to
bother me a bit. (also depends on the humidity with that temperature.) When it gets below 15 it takes a mile or
two to warm up, but I am still off the couch. I ran a half marathon in Haverhill, Massachusetts last December.
The temperature at the start was 8 degrees. It didn't prepare me for the 85 degrees with humidity at the Disney
marathon in January.
My 5K PR was run at 20F. I wanted to get out of the cold ASAP.

Star Wars weekend is rough because you train in late winter then go to Florida. On the other hand, W&D is not as bad because you have to train in late summer. You never know what January in Orlando is going to be like. I've done cold and hot weekends.

OG Runner

Ran 5.34 last night. Felt pretty good. We have had a stretch of three days with the temps in the mid 70s and low humidity.
The weekend is supposed to be temps in the mid 90s with high humidity. Oboy!

JillC LI

After a two week hiatus my ankle did in fact heal by itself. I did the first few runs with my old brace, but it really seems fine. I wonder what I did to it. Anyway, it's been over 100 degrees nearly everyday for weeks. I got up at 5:45am to get in 7 miles today when it was still bearable outside, but I was drenched by the end and I've been exhausted all day.

OG Runner

After a two week hiatus my ankle did in fact heal by itself. I did the first few runs with my old brace, but it really seems fine. I wonder what I did to it. Anyway, it's been over 100 degrees nearly everyday for weeks. I got up at 5:45am to get in 7 miles today when it was still bearable outside, but I was drenched by the end and I've been exhausted all day.

Those are the kind of runs you will remember, for sure.

surfsupdon

Today was a big day. Last week I finished a 12 week half marathon trainer from Hal Higdon that I did mostly during quarantine.

Today I started a new Hal Higdon half marathon program after last weeks rest. It’s cool, bc I start small again. Three miles at sunrise on the boardwalk.

Bodysurfed and read some Harry Potter all afternoon.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Today was a big day. Last week I finished a 12 week half marathon trainer from Hal Higdon that I did mostly during quarantine.

Today I started a new Hal Higdon half marathon program after last weeks rest. It’s cool, bc I start small again. Three miles at sunrise on the boardwalk.

Bodysurfed and read some Harry Potter all afternoon.

I had an unmotivated last week and this week is just too warm and sunny to run given that I’m not training for amything. That being said, I too was thinking of starting a « small » training program - with shorter distances, I can work on speed once the heat breaks (uncomfortable heat usually doesn‘t last much longer than a week).

OG Runner

Okay the weather is not cooperating so I just fought through. I ran 5.35 miles last night. It was 89 degrees, but the humidity was down
a bit. Ran in a new pair of New Balance I bought over the weekend. My knee is a little sore. I will probably wear my wore-in Hoka Cliftons
tonight.

OG Runner

Ran 4.35 miles last night, a fair amount of which was at a walk. I had to convince myself to even go out. The knee really
stiffened up during the day yesterday. Funny thing, my knee actually felt better after the run/walk.

OG Runner

The knee appears to be getting a bit better. I can't seem to get into a descent stride, but I did go 7.43 miles yesterday, just kept moving forward. Went out early enough to avoid the real heat. We are in the middle of our second heat wave , (temps over 90 for three days in a
row), within the last two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom