What did you do?

GenerationX

I ran 3.7 miles last night. I was going along pretty well but ended up with a really bad cramp in my left calf.
I couldn't loosen it up and walked most of the last mile.
I've done that, though usually with a lower back or oblique muscle. I'll turn a little too sharply or bend in a slightly weird way, and there it goes. Frustrating.

OG Runner

I've done that, though usually with a lower back or oblique muscle. I'll turn a little too sharply or bend in a slightly weird way, and there it goes. Frustrating.

Tried to run last night. Went about a third of a mile and it tightened right up. I even put some icy/hot on before the run.
Going to try again today.

OG Runner

How'd it go? Other than the icy/hot, the other strategies I've tried are wearing compression gear and drinking water 30 minutes before running.

I ran about 4.30 each of the last three days. I tried to take it easy and used BioFreeze before each run and each night.
Yesterday morning run, actually felt like a run. I wasn't stiff and in pain most of the way.

GenerationX

According to RunKeeper, I had my fastest 2-4 mile run this morning out of 630 miles of tracked runs! I don't know how many of the 217 runs were in the 2-4 mile range, but quite a few. I do have a bunch of 1 mile runs in there, as well, because it's 1 mile to our local park where I play football with a bunch of guys, and I track the runs to/from the games.

OG Runner

According to RunKeeper, I had my fastest 2-4 mile run this morning out of 630 miles of tracked runs! I don't know how many of the 217 runs were in the 2-4 mile range, but quite a few. I do have a bunch of 1 mile runs in there, as well, because it's 1 mile to our local park where I play football with a bunch of guys, and I track the runs to/from the games.

Congrats!

GenerationX

It's cool that you can run everyday. Some of my friends are able to run daily, but not me. My muscles typically need another day to recover.

OG Runner

I was actually mentioning it because it is unusual for me also. I did not run last night, as there were heavy thunderstorms rolling through my area when I was going to go out. I do plan on running tonight, but it is expected to be in the low 90s and humid.

JillC LI

I've only run once in the last 2 weeks. My ankle started acting up out of the blue and I could barely walk on it for a few days. I don't recall injuring it, but I have a long history with that ankle - two sprains in the 1990s and surgery in 2003. It's been improving a lot so I've been trying to stay off it a little longer and hopefully whatever it was will go away as quickly as it came. I might try a short run on the TM later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom