What did you do?

JillC LI

Congrats @RunningKoen and @DznyGrlSD !

As for me, 8 miles Saturday morning - cool out and I felt good; 5 miles last night - swamp like and I felt like hell!

My method took seconds, hers took minutes.
I don't understand why they feel the need to make easy things harder. I was a math major and the new methods my kids learned to do things seem like a complete waste of time to me. And they were never taught long division - uh why?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
About a 2 mile run this evening and probably double that distance in walking getting to/from places after work that didn't have good bus connections. If I can get there faster walking, I usually do (unless I'm in the middle of a REALLY good book but even then I usually tell myself I'll have more time to read at home if i just get on with it and walk).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@DznyGrlSD, congrats on your first Half! Wow, that's an impressive first time and looks like a PoT for future races. And I'm gonna be in the back all by myself. 🙁

Been running off and on - have an issue with my left knee occasionally, so haven't been pushing my pace too much. Plus it's been bloody hot and humid and I refuse to run on the TM. Just got back from a 3.5 miler (@Texas84, I'm a tad behind on Higdon, but I'm not sweating it, lol).

Like @surfsupdon, I'm keeping active with yoga and walking. Got tired of the gym, so I'm doing weights and other stuff on my own.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
This morning I did a 5 km charity walk to raise money for cancer research and because I had walked quite a bit today for other reasons (just here and there-ing) and my legs were tired I went for a short (1.5 mile) run this evening. I’m undertrained for next week’s DLP half so I figured running a bit on tired legs might add a bit to my training.

dreamfinder

5.5ish outside with my DW and DS Sunday. Bike today.

I’m undertrained for next week’s DLP half so I figured running a bit on tired legs might add a bit to my training.

To a point, studies do show that it can help. The use of your muscles to the point of wear allows them to build up. It's similar to how lifting weights causes minute tears in your muscles that let them rebuild stronger. There is a fine line between pushing it just a bit futher to get stronger, and pushing it too hard and getting hurt.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
5.5ish outside with my DW and DS Sunday. Bike today.

To a point, studies do show that it can help. The use of your muscles to the point of wear allows them to build up. It's similar to how lifting weights causes minute tears in your muscles that let them rebuild stronger. There is a fine line between pushing it just a bit futher to get stronger, and pushing it too hard and getting hurt.

This makes sense - it was definitely a case of only pushing it a bit further - it was a slow easy run and I had rested from all the walking before going out to run.

Texas84

Took a break from training for a local points 5K. 75 freaking degrees at start but it was in mostly shade. Felt like my old self and went for it, passing up lots of late walkers who couldn't hang. The heat got to me about 2.7 miles and had to take a quick walk break. But I'm feeling better about training now. Just give me some cooler mornings!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Started with a new collective group tonight - we did about 1.5 miles. I don’t particularly like Monday night runs (because it would mean finding time for my long on Saturdays when I’m often busier than sundays) but since I won’t be training for any long distances until springtime, it didn’t matter. Unfortunately the two coaches of the group don’t seem to be as good as my previous coach at managing people’s diverse capacities...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom