What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Finally got my lazy butt in gear and finished my last Virtual 5k. Ended up running 3.35 miles. Not a fast (for me) pace as roads still slick and covered in leaves from last night's storm. Plus had to dodge trash trucks.

Kids FINALLY moved into new home yesterday. Movers came yesterday to move big heavy stuff, especially bedroom furniture from upstairs bedroom. And washer/dryer. We spent this past weekend moving most of the small stuff so they and pets could officially start living in their new home.

JillC LI

Been a rough 2 weeks running-wise. I was sick for so long, and then I was out of town moving DS into his college apartment. But I'm home and I'm healthy (albeit with bearable joint pain again), so I was able to do a 5 mile run yesterday morning at the crack of dawn. It was still already 80 degrees and humid as heck.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Had to finish the virtual race, its the last day for it. Will submit the time, as a proof of my mental struggle that I won.

Stopped after 1.5M. Did another 0.5 mile and 1 mile after that. 2 stops. Time running: 21:58

What's up? How can I confidence that I'll finish if you youngin is struggling 😉

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm with @RunningKoen on the whole motivation thing. Between trying to damage my knee banging it against the corner of the bedframe, helping the kids with buying their house (I thought banks knew tax laws), helping kids move into their house and the heat and humidity (along with storms) that is the South in the summer, I've not been very motivated this month. Gotta get in gear, W&D is in 2 months.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm with @RunningKoen on the whole motivation thing. Between trying to damage my knee banging it against the corner of the bedframe, helping the kids with buying their house (I thought banks knew tax laws), helping kids move into their house and the heat and humidity (along with storms) that is the South in the summer, I've not been very motivated this month. Gotta get in gear, W&D is in 2 months.

I hear ya. Did nothing for a month (and only ran for a few weeks before that because of my knee injury) so the other day was my first run all month... and DLP is now a few weeks away. I'm not worried that I can't do the distance, but I don't think this is the year that I'll break 3 hours.

RunningKoen

and DLP is now a few weeks away. I'm not worried that I can't do the distance, but I don't think this is the year that I'll break 3 hours.

One of the factors that isn't helping me a lot in the mental game. Afraid to 'fail'. Grumphy will be a ray of sunshine compared to me when I don't get the <50:00 on the 10 and <1:45/1:50 on the half.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Participated in a local race this morning. Thought I was DFL at 1:00:16 for 4.5 miles (it's a 7.2 km course) and in reality I probably was, because the two people whose results are behind mine probably made a mistake when they registered, as there is also a 7.2 km walk that starts 15 minutes later. Regardless I was still happy with my results because I had been aiming for an hour. I probably could have sped up a bit at the end to finish just under an hour, but it finishes with a steep downhill with two curves and this year the last 150 meters or so were in a field (and still downhill). Wasn't willing to twist my ankle just before DLP for the sake of a few seconds.

It's been 2 years since I'd last done this course/distance, and I forgot how much trail it is - it's probably at least half trail and I never run trails - but it's a gorgeous run thru the vineyards and instead of a finisher medal you get a finisher bottle of wine 😀

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hear ya. Did nothing for a month (and only ran for a few weeks before that because of my knee injury) so the other day was my first run all month... and DLP is now a few weeks away. I'm not worried that I can't do the distance, but I don't think this is the year that I'll break 3 hours.

Speed and time-wise, I'm concentrating on the 10k. My half goal is to finish around 3 hours, but probably not under.

dreamfinder

Was in China last week, did a few runs while there. My god, I thought FL was hot and humid, 85 with 90%+ humidity at 6 AM is nuts. A few weeks to early to sneak in the run at Shanghai. Today was 2.52@1@7:53.

Glad to see everyone was pushing through various down times while I was away.

Texas84

So I'm home. Did 3 days of hotel dreadmill. Found a dial on the wall that increased the fan but the light fixtures on the low ceiling were causing the heat. I'll put that in my survey.

Saturday got outside for a muggy 3-miler to warm up for the big Labor Day 10K. It was 76F at start and 83 at finish, so I took it really slow with half mile breaks. There was no water spray from the fire trucks this year durnit! We're not in a drought.

Also switched to the New Balance 1080 to get a bit more cushioning. I'm loving them.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Running my 1st half marathon next Sunday. Did 3, 30 min runs Sat/Sun/Mon - couldn't mentally push myself to do more than 30 mins in 90%+ humidity.
Also taking a break from strength training this week to get ready for my half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom