What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Remember when I said I was going to feel that workout I did yesterday? Well.....

@dreamfinder, if I don't warmup/cool down & stretch properly, I usually feel it in my quads. Sometimes my gluts and/or calves (nature gave me nice big quads and calves for a girl...and tight calves, no matter how much I stretch), rarely in any joints.

2.67 miles this morning. Was going to do a 3rd lap around the pond, but really had to pee....and not a porta potty in sight, lol.

Was surprising cooler and less humid this morning. Guess Emily is dragging the hot humid air southward. My poor daughter, she's in Orlando for training this week and Emily has spoiled her plans to visit Disney in the evening.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
A bit more than 4.5 miles this evening on the treadmill. Was kind of bored with it, so i kept playing games like 3 minutes at one speed followed by 2 at another, back to the first speed, etc. Would have loved to run outside but apparently the hot and humid weather you all aren't having, we are :joyfull:

dreamfinder

2.45@2i, 1@8, 1.45@7:30

@dreamfinder, if I don't warmup/cool down & stretch properly, I usually feel it in my quads. Sometimes my gluts and/or calves (nature gave me nice big quads and calves for a girl...and tight calves, no matter how much I stretch), rarely in any joints.

Yeah, I've never been flexible (don't think I've been able to touch my toes since I was like 8) so the whole pre/post run stuff has always been key. Completely hear you there. I was slacking on the knee/hip stuff and just doing the calf/quad/hammy stuff. (Easier to do on the cardio deck)

BrianV

4 miles this am. Hot for Boston. Well, actually just humid. I need to get a long run in this week. Might be OK treadmill. Speaking of which, I still cant properly review it. Has a million squeaks and I've been hunting them down one by one. However my kids love it and don't mind the squeaks.

LAKid53

Premium Member
4 miles this am. Hot for Boston. Well, actually just humid. I need to get a long run in this week. Might be OK treadmill. Speaking of which, I still cant properly review it. Has a million squeaks and I've been hunting them down one by one. However my kids love it and don't mind the squeaks.

I've got a 6.5 miler Saturday and am dreading the heat. But I don't want to run those miles on a treadmill...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Up to about 4 is OK on a treadmill. Beyond that which start to go crazy!

Which makes training in Florida from May to November so challenging. Do I want to run 10 miles on the TM *ugh* or 10 miles outdoors and try not to die of heat stroke, even if I go out at dawn....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Since my trainer is out until the 13th on a cruise to Cuba (lucky girl), I decided to take the yoga class that's offered at the same time as my training session. Anyone who thinks yoga isn't a workout is a fool...

@dreamfinder, I discovered just how tight my hammys are.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Was going to do my Thursday run outdoors, but as I was getting dressed, weather turned dark and ominous, so I decided to hit the TM at the gym. And since it's August, why not just run the last Virtual 5k...

So I ran 3.13 miles, in a PR, according to the TM stats. Constant pace of 9:26, with average pace of 9:22, for a total time of around 29:37. I didn't even slow down for the inclines the TM 5k program threw in.

How is this even possible? Could the yoga yesterday have done the trick? I stretched afterwards, but without the usual tightness.

I'll take it!

Last edited:

Greenlawler

Hey gang,

Been awol but it's Disney race season again. I just realized today I had not posted since the Princess, wow.

First off I think last time I was here I was struggling with sore ribs, and weight gain....

I am past the rib pain and I have shaved maybe 5 pounds down, still no where near the 30 I need to burn off to get back to the elusive sub 4 marathon, but I have been going to a Gym and working with a trainer for the first time in my life. Been going since May and I can tell a difference everywhere except my waist lol

So yesterday it was lots of cardio exercises, some weights and three miles at probably a 9 minute mile pace.

Just a few weeks till DL!!!!!!!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hey gang,

Been awol but it' Disney race season again. I just realized today I had not posted since the Princess, wow.

First off I think last time I was here I was struggling with sore ribs, and weight gain....

I am past the rib pain and I have shaved maybe 5 pounds down, still no where near the 30 I need to burn off to get back to the elusive sub 4 marathon, but I have been going to a Gym and working with a trainer for the first time in my life. Been going since May and I can tell a difference everywhere except my waist lol

So yesterday it was lots of cardio exercises, some weights and three miles at probably a 9 minute mile pace.

Welcome back! Glad the ribs have healed.

Yeah, you better get back to it, if you want to continue to be the leader in Disney miles run.... ;) Ferret's on your heels at only 82 miles behind and @Texas84 and @dreamfinder only have 200 miles each to catch up - easily done. :D

Rooting for you to accomplish the sub 4 marathon.

Good luck in DL. Gonna cross 600 miles with this one, correct? *thumbs up*

dreamfinder

Bike today.

Anyone who thinks yoga isn't a workout is a fool...

I've done some yoga classes that would put pretty much any HIIT workout to shame.

Hey gang,

Been awol but it's Disney race season again. I just realized today I had not posted since the Princess, wow.

Welcome back. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom