What did you do?

OG Runner

I find that if I run more than 3 days in a row, my pace and energy really suffer. I wouldn't be too concerned. You probably just need a little break. The body needs time to repair itself!
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I think I will take today off. Running Saturday & Sunday with my sons.

a2grafix

Paid for it Friday. Ran around noon in Downtown Memphis' concrete jungle. Not fun. It was already 92 and with the sun beating down felt like 97. It was also quite humid, like 85-percent humidity. managed just under 2.5 miles in 35 some minutes. Hoping to put in more miles Sunday and the next week as the temps start to drop into the 80s.

Texas84

Paid for it Friday. Ran around noon in Downtown Memphis' concrete jungle. Not fun. It was already 92 and with the sun beating down felt like 97. It was also quite humid, like 85-percent humidity. managed just under 2.5 miles in 35 some minutes. Hoping to put in more miles Sunday and the next week as the temps start to drop into the 80s.

Yeah, noon. Don't do that. ;)

Texas84

First Dopey week done. 13 miles today for a total of 30.2 for the week. 6.2, 5, 3, 3, 13. Was only supposed to be 27 but I snuck in the Labor Day 10K.

Already 83 at 0930 finish and felt hotter. Felt like I was dragging at the end but the last two miles were the fastest. Hal is giving me a break next weekend. Only 7 on Saturday, no Sunday run.

Also did 1.5 hours of yard work Friday morning and it was nasty outside. I was loopy all day long after that. Got about 10 hours of sleep and was good as new the next day.

Ariel484

First Dopey week done. 13 miles today for a total of 30.2 for the week. 6.2, 5, 3, 3, 13. Was only supposed to be 27 but I snuck in the Labor Day 10K.

Already 83 at 0930 finish and felt hotter. Felt like I was dragging at the end but the last two miles were the fastest. Hal is giving me a break next weekend. Only 7 on Saturday, no Sunday run.

Also did 1.5 hours of yard work Friday morning and it was nasty outside. I was loopy all day long after that. Got about 10 hours of sleep and was good as new the next day.
Are you starting a week early, or can I not really my calendar??

HRHPrincessAriel

9.5 miles 13:47 pace

All I'm thinking about whole time in running is the 4 beers in the fridge.
DH cones up and asks how much longer do I have. I say I just hit mile 9. I mention the beers.

He looks guilty. I asked why.

HE DRANK ALL OF THEM!!!!!

I almost started crying and said that's what was driving me. I begged him to go get some more.

dreamfinder

Sat was 7mi on TM @ .5, started at 7:30 pace, negative splits on the mile, 6.25, 6.5, 6.75. Just under 51 mins. Sun was a 5k, did a 21:45, not at all happy with that, a good 15-20 seconds over my desired pace. Good luck with everyone starting their training for January. I'll miss it.

Kristia

Didn't run this weekend since I had an art show and was out and about all day Sunday. The heat was brutal on Saturday, so we took a much needed beach day. Yep, I slacked. I did book our FP+ on Sunday! I had no problem getting what we wanted but I was surprised that on our last day, a lot of the FP+ for that date were gone. I was going to try and get another Mine Train FP for that day (got two easily for the 9th) but they were all gone. Wonder why the park is so busy that day?!

ETA - I just went back and looked at my selections. Turns out I forgot too change the month so I was looking at Sept 11 not Nov 11...duh. 7DMT was still available on the 11th.

Last edited:

Kristia

@Mad Stitch Which day were you trying to get? I didn't have a problem with the 9th or the 11th. I just reserved for the 11th this morning and the 9th, I reserved yesterday evening. I wasn't able to get to a computer early in the morning so I had to wait till the evening which practically killed me all day!

Mad Stitch

@Mad Stitch Which day were you trying to get? I didn't have a problem with the 9th or the 11th. I just reserved for the 11th this morning and the 9th, I reserved yesterday evening. I wasn't able to get to a computer early in the morning so I had to wait till the evening which practically killed me all day!

The 6th, my arrival day. This is the lesson I have learned with FP+, a FP to a popular attraction will be more difficult to get early in your trip since people who are ending their trip on that day will have access to the FP's before you do.

LindsayLoves

Back from a wonderful week cruising in Bermuda. Very glad I took today off before heading back to work tomorrow because we definitely hit it hard on the last night of the cruise and my body was not ready for anything yesterday and required a good 12 hour sleep to get back to normal. Today I was able to get in 5 miles @8:51/mi pace right back at it.

Kristia

The 6th, my arrival day. This is the lesson I have learned with FP+, a FP to a popular attraction will be more difficult to get early in your trip since people who are ending their trip on that day will have access to the FP's before you do.
Just like ADRs....:rolleyes: I still haven't been able to get a BOG dinner the past 2 trips down. Maybe someday the hype will cool down and I will get in. Hoping we can at least do a lunch there this time!

LindsayLoves

Seeing that I ran only once while on vacation (Yasso 800s x 8) I was kind of afraid I lost everything I had built up during my current marathon training cycle. Today would be the true test of that with a 9 mile tempo run. Mentally I really didn't think this run was going to happen, either length or pace wise, so I am very happy I was able to execute this run as I planned except for that 8:22 mile, stupid hill.

2.24m w/u, 8:13, 8:22, 8:07, 8:04, 8:02, 1.87m c/d.

Also so jealous of this W&D talk, but appreciate all the strategy tips on getting FP+ for 7DMT.

@HRHPrincessAriel - I hope for the sake of your marriage you husband replaced those beers + some extras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom