What did you do?

JillC LI

Forgot to check in. Did 6 miles Saturday morning in the worst heat and humidity of the whole summer. Barely finished. 4 miles yesterday afternoon on a lovely cool breezy day. The weather here lately is nuts. When I got home, DS was home from cross-country practice and he asked me how far I had run. I said I did 4 miles, and he proudly said he had done 6 at practice that day. Show off :)

dreamfinder

Bike cross training today.

Forgot to check in. Did 6 miles Saturday morning in the worst heat and humidity of the whole summer. Barely finished. 4 miles yesterday afternoon on a lovely cool breezy day. The weather here lately is nuts. When I got home, DS was home from cross-country practice and he asked me how far I had run. I said I did 4 miles, and he proudly said he had done 6 at practice that day. Show off :)

Sounds like a rivalry is a brewing....

a2grafix

Just under 3 miles, say 2.75, in about 30 minutes or so. Dusk run Wednesday. Still 91 out, humidish, storms a'comin', windy. Temps dipped down to about 89 when I finished. At least it will be in the 80s the next few days, and rain.

Since Rock n Roll Cleveland half is dead (taking a page out of Lenny Kravitz's song), I entered the North Coast Half in Lake County, Ohio, which runs the day after the RnR would have. The cool part is that it's right in my parent's backyard and part of the city I grew up in along Lake Erie. Cooler even still is that my mom is working a water stop. Hopefully she will be assigned to a half marathon water stop. This will be really cool - my parents get to see me run for a second time in 2 years and the rest of my family their first time seeing me run.

JillC LI

Completely, utterly, totally lame-o speed workout this morning, if you can even call it that. I intended to do 4 speed intervals, and the first two were reasonably fast (for me), but the last two didn't differ at all from my "rest interval" pace. I think the lack of the sleep last night and the humidity today caught up with me. Well, at least I did my 4 miles.

TeddyinMO

11 miles on Saturday at about 11:30 pace followed up by a terrible 5 miles yesterday that we won't even talk about. Bounced back today with 6.2 miles at a 9:47 pace. Planned on doing 5 miles again, but when I hit 5 mile point, I knew I was flying (well, for me at least!) and decided to see if I could hit 10K in an hour. Made it in exactly 1 hour! Light jog tomorrow and then first try at 12 miles this weekend.

Only 3 weeks to go before my first half.

dreamfinder

How do your times translate to the road? Have you run any races lately? I found many times my treadmill time
was a bit faster than my actual race times.

By the nature of the beast, yes TM times tend to be a bit faster than race times. To compensate for this you should set at least a bit of an incline on the TM. I've been using .5 mostly, some people suggest 1, and some people even say to push it to 2.

I haven't done many races this year. Did a 5k Sunday in 21+, was not at all happy with it, and could tell at the start I wasn't going to be at all where I wanted to be pace wise. I was underhydrated before the race even started, which for me is a problem as I process alot of fluid on a run. I only did one other 5k this year, back in May, had a 20:14, and I've been training to break that 20 (PR is currently 20:10) I tend to put up good times in April/May, meh/crud times June-Sept, and end up with my best times in Oct/Nov. (Don't see many races over the winter unless I head to WDW) I seem to do best in below 50 degree days.

Kristia

A little over 5ish miles in an unknown pace. No, it wasn't watch free Wednesday, it was watch died Wednesday. How the Garmin beep of the death sends chills down my spine, only heard it twice before it was totally done for.
I know that beep well.... Mostly because I forget to charge it and then hope I can make it through the run!

Texas84

Higdon Dopey week 2 complete. 7 this morning, 18 for the week. 3-5-3-7. Felt guilty only doing 7 today but that's in the plan.

Traffic was off the chain this morning. Not sure what was going on. Had to get off the road several times.

Mr mom

2.5 mile walk with the dog, lol Everything but the torn meniscus is now healed, I will have surgery done on it on October 1st and should be running before xmas, an early gift to myself. I cannot wait to run again, just the idea of it pumps me up, and Nick's facebook posts wear me out. Not sure how much you guys know about the canuck health system but elective surgery waits can at times be long, important stuff is really fast but if you can walk and it can't kill you, you wait. Still not too bad though, diagnosed in mid july, met surgeon in early September and first of October, should be fixed. My tax dollars at work.

LindsayLoves

NYRR 18 Mile Marathon Tuneup.

This was an 18 mile race, not a training run. The course was three loops of Central Park which meant there was not a whole lot of flat terrain to be found (and a little mind numbing on the repetition factor). I wanted to run this as a training run and not worry about my time especially with the hills added in. I ended up coming in at a 9:08/mi pace which was faster than I planned but it was definitely a nice mental boost to know that I could've gone faster on tougher terrain than what race day will bring.

Want to feel bad about yourself? The lead runner blazed by me at mile 8 (not even half way done with the race), he finished 18 miles in 1:36. Top female was 1:55. I am glad to say I did not get looped by her at any point, that's my small victory for the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom