What did you do?

TeddyinMO

First off, congrats to everyone who did the Disneyland half!

As for me, I ran 10 miles for the first time Saturday, followed up by a Labor Day 5K race yesterday. Broke 30 mins for the first time, so I was satisfied. This morning, I officially registered for my first half. Only 1 month away. Not in Disney, but it will be a heck of a way to celebrate my 40th birthday.

JillC LI

As for me, I ran 10 miles for the first time Saturday, followed up by a Labor Day 5K race yesterday. Broke 30 mins for the first time, so I was satisfied. This morning, I officially registered for my first half. Only 1 month away. Not in Disney, but it will be a heck of a way to celebrate my 40th birthday.

Breaking 30 in a 5K for the first time is a big milestone - congrats! Good luck in your first Half.

Kristia

3 miles last night. Another tough run with the humidity! I should run again today but I am not sure if we will get it in. We have to get another load of hay this afternoon and that just may have to serve as a workout! Time to stock up for winter!

atrus79

4.16 miles at a slower than normal 10:49 p/mile pace. Made the mistake of having a bigger than normal breakfast at a morning meeting ... paid for it by feeling sluggish the whole time. :hungover:

Texas84

5 miles this morning for the first Higdon Dopey week. Got chased by a dog but it was one of those little yippy dogs being tough. All bark. Was more worried about the stupid thing getting in my feet.

OG Runner

It is a little funny when the biggest fear you have with an attacking dog is that you might step on it. I like the ones with the "invisible" fence, as you run by the just follow that line and keep barking until you are out of sight.

JillC LI

It is a little funny when the biggest fear you have with an attacking dog is that you might step on it. I like the ones with the "invisible" fence, as you run by the just follow that line and keep barking until you are out of sight.

We finally got cleared to walk our new puppy in public now that she has had all her shots, and I have such fun trying to run a few houses with her. She's a tiny little thing, but when she runs full out, I can barely keep up with her. But she is all over the place with excitement at this young age so I am always worried that she will get under foot!

Kristia

Managed to drag myself out of bed at 4:15 am to do my early morning run. Actually had a good one today. We were a little faster than we have been lately. It was nice at cool and humidity wasn't too bad. Kept a 10:30 pace which is definitely better!

JillC LI

4 miles last night. Forgot it's getting darker earlier these days and found myself finishing the run in darkness. Discovered just how many street lamps are broken, making it impossible for me to see if the sidewalk was even. Was afraid of tripping but made it home safely.

OG Runner

A little concerned with my running. Ran Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, varying times and distances. Reffed soccer on Tuesday and ran 4 and a half last night. My pace feels slow and I feel a lack of energy.

Mad Stitch

4 miles last night. Forgot it's getting darker earlier these days and found myself finishing the run in darkness. Discovered just how many street lamps are broken, making it impossible for me to see if the sidewalk was even. Was afraid of tripping but made it home safely.

Tell me about it. I tripped myself up tonight, but caught myself, and it wasn't even fully dark yet. We do have a time change yet so that will help a little bit, unless you live in a part of the country that does not recognize daylight savings time.

Last edited:

a2grafix

Ran before work this morning, super humid 90-percent humid out around 6:50am in Memphis (what's new?). Bumped into my 2 coworkers doing live shots for the morning show. Ran 2.50 miles, nothing big. Needed it.

Also learned a few hours later that the 2014 Cleveland Rock n Roll Half decided to cancel its Oct. 11 race through Downtown Cleveland and westside Cleveland. Said it was due to numerous factors including low runner turnout, no local support, and some other stuff. Yeah, 5 weeks out from race day. Can you see runDisney doing that to say, Tinerbell Half, with it not being sold out yet?

Check out the sweet finishers bling. Wonder if the medals have been made?The course even had a LeBron James mile.

Anyway, there are 2 half / full marathons in Cleveland, Ohio, that weekend and one half is right down the road from my parent's house, where I spent a good chunk of my teens and young adult years. Cool thing the North Coast Half team is dropping the entry fee to $60 for the next week for the displaced Rock n Rollers.

Wondering ... will the Rock n Roll series ever die? Price itself out?

dreamfinder

Ran before work this morning, super humid 90-percent humid out around 6:50am in Memphis (what's new?). Bumped into my 2 coworkers doing live shots for the morning show. Ran 2.50 miles, nothing big. Needed it.

Also learned a few hours later that the 2014 Cleveland Rock n Roll Half decided to cancel its Oct. 11 race through Downtown Cleveland and westside Cleveland. Said it was due to numerous factors including low runner turnout, no local support, and some other stuff. Yeah, 5 weeks out from race day. Can you see runDisney doing that to say, Tinerbell Half, with it not being sold out yet?

Check out the sweet finishers bling. Wonder if the medals have been made?The course even had a LeBron James mile.

Anyway, there are 2 half / full marathons in Cleveland, Ohio, that weekend and one half is right down the road from my parent's house, where I spent a good chunk of my teens and young adult years. Cool thing the North Coast Half team is dropping the entry fee to $60 for the next week for the displaced Rock n Rollers.

I'm amazed with the numbers these races need to proceed. RnR admitted that 3200+ people had registered for this. And that's not enough to pull off a half marathon? What in heck are their event production costs? I'm used to doing races where maybe 10% of that is amazing turnout.

Kristia

A little concerned with my running. Ran Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, varying times and distances. Reffed soccer on Tuesday and ran 4 and a half last night. My pace feels slow and I feel a lack of energy.
I find that if I run more than 3 days in a row, my pace and energy really suffer. I wouldn't be too concerned. You probably just need a little break. The body needs time to repair itself!

Kristia

@a2grafix - Although I am skipping it this year, Rock-n-Roll Philly is still doing really well as far as I know. Last year there were about 18,000 finishers last year. I guess it just depends on the city where it is being held. It is getting expensive but still not nearly as much as the Disney races and I thought that the 2 Philadelphia ones that I have done have been excellent events.

Mad Stitch

Wow, I ran this race last year and thought it was a good race. The fact that there is another cheeper well established race that weekend probably worked against them.

I'm amazed with the numbers these races need to proceed. RnR admitted that 3200+ people had registered for this. And that's not enough to pull off a half marathon? What in heck are their event production costs? I'm used to doing races where maybe 10% of that is amazing turnout.

I'd like to know that too! The Cedar Point half I did had just under 600 people and still pulled off the race. I wonder what it costs to close city streets because this race was closing the most utilized ones in the city. Heck, the after party had the hart of the city shutdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom