What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Tempo Tuesday -
Planned 2 mile tempo at 8-8:15 with warm up and cool down.

Actual 3 mile tempo 8:22, 8:09, 7:45 w/ w/u, c/d. My personal competitive nature got the best of me when I missed my plan for that first tempo mile that I decided to kick it into gear and add another tempo mile in there. So that was my first success of the day the second was doing this all when the humidity was over 93%, I think I might be getting used to this whole summer thing. Hooray! :D

bethram

3.5 at 9:12 pace, I felt better than yesterday but I'm still coughing some. Not planning to run again until Thursday morning when we should be a little cooler thanks to the cold front coming in later today.

JillC LI

Glad I didn't quit one of the 1 million times I wanted to, it might not have been the best days physically but it definitely helped my mental game.

Yeah, I never drink wine the night before a longish run. But those miserable runs definitely form a base that helps you through tough times in the future. There are one or two horribly painful exhausting runs that I will remember forever, and whenever I want to quit on a difficult run, I remind myself that I finished those other even worse runs.

8x(400@5:49 w/400@8:34 RI) + 1/4 warmup /cool down.

Your RI pace is close to my speed interval pace. :D

Texas84

Forcing myself to take mile breaks even on my short runs. Still thinking about a marathon strategy.

My view this morning:
WEBvic14_Jul15mo1.jpg

More stars than usual this morning even with a bright moon. Venus is amazing right now. Didn't notice Mercury. Will check tomorrow.

AUPr8Hd

4.55 miles last night @ 10:45 pace. Thanking the weather for that pace :)

Today would normally be a 2 miler. But, today's Crossfit WOD had about 1.5 miles of running involved (3x800m). So I get an evening to relax :D

LindsayLoves

Today: TM 2.3 miles at 13:04 pace
My goal at this point is to beat DH's 1st 1/2 time

That's real motivation!

Today -3.12 easy miles in 27 minutes.

I am really starting to embrace these short recovery runs (I used to loathe them). I am really noticing how much better my legs feel after them, yes, even better than taking a rest day. I guess these training plan folks know what they're doing...

Mad Stitch

I am really starting to embrace these short recovery runs (I used to loathe them). I am really noticing how much better my legs feel after them, yes, even better than taking a rest day. I guess these training plan folks know what they're doing...

I hate the short runs. It hardly seems worth gearing up for them. It's funny to think that I now consider 3 miles an easy run compared to when I first started running and thought I would never be able to make it through 3 miles. What a difference time makes.

Last edited:

Sumrdog

I hate short the short runs. It hardly seem worth gearing up for them. It's funny to think that I now consider 3 miles an easy run compared to when I first started running and thought I would never be able to make it through 3 miles. What a difference time makes.
I feel the same...But I have been doing a lot of shorties lately just because I haven't had much time.

bethram

3.7 miles in beautiful 60 degree weather. I'm still not feeling the best so I didn't get to enjoy the cool weather as much as I would have liked. However this run goes to show how much heat affects my pace, it was 12 degrees cooler this morning and I ran 13 seconds faster per mile even though I felt about the same as I did Tuesday.

fmingo36

A nicer day here in NJ as well. Got to run outdoors and did in 4 miles at a 10:07 pace. I have to start to slow down my first mile (today was a 9:03 mile) because by mile 2, my heart rate is CRAZY! Have to remember that I'm going for distance NOT speed!

fmingo36

Forgot to mention something that happened to me today--I was running my usual route and a lawn service truck drove by me, the guy was leering at me and then started to slow down . He waved at me and kept looking at me from the side mirror. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I was very glad I was in a densely populated neighborhood. I almost wanted to call the lawn service company but what was I supposed to say "You pervy driver was accosting me with his eyeballs and skived me out". May have to start carrying mace with me like Nick @Donald Duck does!

bethram

Forgot to mention something that happened to me today--I was running my usual route and a lawn service truck drove by me, the guy was leering at me and then started to slow down . He waved at me and kept looking at me from the side mirror. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I was very glad I was in a densely populated neighborhood. I almost wanted to call the lawn service company but what was I supposed to say "You pervy driver was accosting me with his eyeballs and skived me out". May have to start carrying mace with me like Nick @Donald Duck does!
How creepy!

I carry pepper spray with me on my pre-dawn and long runs, but luckily I've never needed it. The scariest time I had was about 4:30 one morning this past winter when a new newspaper delivery type car passed me and then put it in reverse and backed up past me. Needless to say I turned on a dime and sprinted off in the other direction. It appears as though the guy just missed a house and went back to get it, but it still scared the crap out of me.

JillC LI

It's funny to think that I now consider 3 miles an easy run compared to when I first started running and thought I would never be able to make it through 3 miles. What a difference time makes.

Ain't that the truth.

Ugh. I had one scary incident 5 years ago where I was being followed very early by a guy with a parka hood up around his head. I actually ran into traffic to get across the street from him. My mom got me this thing that clips on your clothes and if you pull it off makes a crazy loud noise. I should probably use it on my early morning runs but I never seem to remember, and I worry that it might fall off and make that noise without me pulling it.

As for me today, 4 miles speedwork on the TM this morning, struggling to hear General Hospital. I usually blast the TV to hear it over the fan and TM, but the noise was scaring the new puppy so I had to semi-lip-read. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom