What did you do?

bethram

A sluggish 3.5 miles at 9:12 pace let me hit the 600 mile mark for the year. I'm 60% of the way to my goal of 1000 miles this year.

Now the kids and I are off to the tennis courts, they are trying to learn how to play and I'm trying to remember enough to help them :) Then we are dressing like cows to get a free lunch during Chick-fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day.

bethram

:eek:
We're just going to 7-11 for free slurpies later today! No dressing up required. :D

It's not hard :) You can print cow spots, ears, and a tail from their website and stick them on your clothes. We usually wear white shirts and white, grey, or khaki shorts. We've actually used the same supplies for the last three years. I keep threatening to get a couple cheap white shirts and sharpie on spots for my daughter and I, I did it last year for my son but he has outgrown the shirt. The kids have fun with it which is what is important :D

My kids would love it if we had a 7-11 nearby!

a2grafix

Five hours sleep. 6:15 am alarm. Started half marathon training with the Memphis group Saturday morning. It was already in the mid 70s and no wind right before 7am in midtown. Up near 80 before 7am downtown. Only 3 miles in just about 32 minutes. Marathoners ran 6. At least part of the run was in the shade but I was glistening with sweat. Expected high 95 with heat index over 100, so took advantage of the "cooler" but just as humid conditions. Summertime in Memphis but it's all for the kids, though. Don't mind one bit.
10460841_10152514596532708_4222970572709464564_o.jpg

Ariel484

Am I getting quality runs on the TM? We live in the houston area and it's just too dang hot/humid for me to even think of going outside just yet.
I think so. Sometimes people will say you should mess with the incline (put it at 1% for example) to make it "equivalent" to running outside, but I never do that.

I do maybe 40-50% of my weekly mileage on the treadmill and it's works for me. I took you'd want to try to get outdoors at least once a week, if possible. Then more as the weather improves...or get up really early in the morning/go run late at night outside. :)

fmingo36

A good Sunday morning workout for this gal!
90 minutes of yoga, followed by 3 miles on the TM and another 10 minutes on Jacob's Ladder(that thing is killer!)

HRHPrincessAriel

Love the pic of the kids @bethram.
Congrats on the PR @diddy_mouse.
Yes you can do your runs on a TM @HRHPrincessAriel and get a good workout, but if you are training for a road race then you are not training your legs for the feel of the road if you do all your runs on the TM.
As for me, 6 early miles yesterday, and lots of running around our backyard with our new puppy!
Once is gets not as hot(hard to say cooler here lol) I plan on going outside. Is about 6 weeks enough it get used to road or should I try earlier?

JillC LI

Can we plan a puppy playdate? I'm sure Nola would love to meet Emma!

Yes! As soon as she finishes her booster shots :)

Once is gets not as hot(hard to say cooler here lol) I plan on going outside. Is about 6 weeks enough it get used to road or should I try earlier?

I'd say if you can get up early and toss in a short run once per week, that would be helpful.

dreamfinder

8 mi of hills outside again on Saturday, about 30 seconds off my target pace, still just not quite right. Sun was 10.5mi on TM w/.5 incline, started at 7:47, negative splits on the 2 mi mark, with a 1/2 mi warmup & cool down.

Is about 6 weeks enough it get used to road or should I try earlier?

I've seen lately that it's recommended to do at least a few hundred yards every week of road. So a 5-10 minute jaunt on the asphalt weekly helps.

bethram

3.2 miles at 9:12 pace this morning in an effort to keep bronchitis from setting it. I can breathe better now, but I don't have any energy.

LindsayLoves

Saturday - 11 miles from hell. Lesson learned - more than two glasses of wine the night before a training run is Bad News, with a capital "B", especially when its a double digit run and your only food with that wine is half a leftover burrito. When I got home I drank more than 50 oz of various electrolytes, ate, showered, and crashed hard. TMI warning.. 3 hours later only about 6 oz of that fluid came out. Glad I didn't quit one of the 1 million times I wanted to, it might not have been the best days physically but it definitely helped my mental game.

Sunday - strength day for legs and abs, both are quite sore today I would say it was a success.

Today - 3 easy miles, a very satisfying shakeout after the weekends exploits

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom